Where is the subbed content?

• Hello!

Trial user here. Liking the service and probably going to subscribe if I figure this out. Is there any way to search for and easily find shows that have Japanese audio with subtitles? It seems that every show lists Japanese and English under the listed Languages for the title, however I can't actually find any title that is not dubbed.

Thanks!

• You should be able to see it on the show page
    0_1501206760045_lls.png
    as well as the video settings
    0_1501206714582_ll.png

There's some shows that Funimation only has dubbed and you'll have to go to Crunchyroll for the sub. The only show I think Funimation has the dub streaming with no way of streaming the sub is Hyouka.

• Thank you!!!

I was browsing by Genre and the Language filter was not present for some reason. I'll stick to perusing by all shows.

Thanks again!

• In case anyone else comes across this oddity hopefully this will help others.

If you want to filter by language AND genre, start from the all shows list and then use the pull downs like so:

0_1501207586282_Capture.PNG

Note that if you start off browsing "By Genre" you won't get the language filter; as shown:

0_1501207603298_Capture2.PNG

Thanks again for the help!

• @ircwolf This morning, I was watching Full Metal Panic in Japanese with English Subs, and I went to knock a few more episodes out tonight, and I'm not getting the option to put it on Japanese anymore. Is this a regular occurring thing? Or just on my end? Thanks!

• It's worth remembering and keeping in mind that due to Funimation's business partnership with Crunchyroll, they've slowly been moving their Subbed content over to Crunchyroll. So the catalog here is going to be majority dub.

• @lionheart08 said in Where is the subbed content?:

It's worth remembering and keeping in mind that due to Funimation's business partnership with Crunchyroll, they've slowly been moving their Subbed content over to Crunchyroll. So the catalog here is going to be majority dub.

Interesting. The whole reason I'm subbing to funimation is because they have titles that are not on Crunchy Roll.

• @ircwolf said in Where is the subbed content?:

@lionheart08 said in Where is the subbed content?:

It's worth remembering and keeping in mind that due to Funimation's business partnership with Crunchyroll, they've slowly been moving their Subbed content over to Crunchyroll. So the catalog here is going to be majority dub.

Interesting. The whole reason I'm subbing to funimation is because they have titles that are not on Crunchy Roll.

Yeah, it's the result of the business partnership the two announced last year. Crunchyroll gets the streaming licenses to many of Funimation's series while Funimation get more Simuldub series and also dubs of several series that Crunchyroll licensed like Mob Psycho 100, Gintama, Berserk.