A Silent Voice

• (Anyone please correct me if I am wrong. If this topic should be moved/removed I will do so if asked)

I just finished watching episodes 1-12 of Hyouka, and this got me thinking about different shows of similar nature, Such as Gosick, New Game, and Nichijou. Even Your Name is getting a home release after enough people demanded it.

Which brings me here. I want to get a release of A Silent Voice here in North America. I have not seen the film myself but I have heard only absolute praise about the movie. As far as i know the only way anyone could watch the movie in the states was attending certain conventions to get a special screening of the film. A Silent Voice did get limited theater releases in other countries like Australia, United Kingdom, Brazil, and Mexico.

If this film even did get a theatrical release here in the U.S and Canada, it still doesn't fix the fact that the movie is currently unlicensed by any distributor. I am writing here because I would love to watch this movie myself, however it is currently impossible to do so legally. I think with enough feedback we could actually get this movie the same treatment as the anime I have talked about above. I wouldn't care if it got the same treatment as Nichijou where it only gets a Blu-ray release of the sub. I would prefer if Funimation could dub it, but all i want is a home release at the least.

So i guess the real question is, How do we get Funimation to notice the demand for the movie. Or at the very least get them to explain why they can't due to reasons unknown.

If you have seen the movie or have an interest in it like I do, we need to express our thoughts to Funimation. We shouldn't let a great film get overshadowed just because another great movie came in to take the world by storm.

(Links to A Silent Voice)
    My Anime List: https://myanimelist.net/anime/28851/Koe_no_Katachi?q=a silet
    Anime News Network: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16661

• My guess is someone has it and it hasn't been announced. It's a film with a lot of demand, I can't see it just going unliscensed.

• Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

Oh boy how wrong you are.

Even Your Name is getting a home release after enough people demanded it.

It was going to get one whether or not people demanded it.

I want to get a release of A Silent Voice here in North America.

Its getting one.

As far as i know the only way anyone could watch the movie in the states was attending certain conventions to get a special screening of the film.

You could stream it from Amazon.co.uk through some wizardry.

If this film even did get a theatrical release here in the U.S and Canada, it still doesn't fix the fact that the movie is currently unlicensed by any distributor.

I'm pretty sure that by having a theatrical release that means it has a distributor.

I am writing here because I would love to watch this movie myself,

You'll get your chance in October iirc.

however it is currently impossible to do so legally.

See above about what I said through amazon.

I would prefer if Funimation could dub it, but all i want is a home release at the least.

That is up to Eleven Arts I think.

So i guess the real question is, How do we get Funimation to notice the demand for the movie.

They know, but its not their's. Its Elevent Arts's license.

Anime News Network: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16661

Very first link under the News heading is

Eleven Arts to Screen A Silent Voice, Nanoha Reflection Films in U.S. Theaters in October (Jul 1, 2017)

• @mikeyb811 said in A Silent Voice:

(Anyone please correct me if I am wrong. If this topic should be moved/removed I will do so if asked)

I just finished watching episodes 1-12 of Hyouka, and this got me thinking about different shows of similar nature, Such as Gosick, New Game, and Nichijou. Even Your Name is getting a home release after enough people demanded it.

Which brings me here. I want to get a release of A Silent Voice here in North America. I have not seen the film myself but I have heard only absolute praise about the movie. As far as i know the only way anyone could watch the movie in the states was attending certain conventions to get a special screening of the film. A Silent Voice did get limited theater releases in other countries like Australia, United Kingdom, Brazil, and Mexico.

If this film even did get a theatrical release here in the U.S and Canada, it still doesn't fix the fact that the movie is currently unlicensed by any distributor. I am writing here because I would love to watch this movie myself, however it is currently impossible to do so legally. I think with enough feedback we could actually get this movie the same treatment as the anime I have talked about above. I wouldn't care if it got the same treatment as Nichijou where it only gets a Blu-ray release of the sub. I would prefer if Funimation could dub it, but all i want is a home release at the least.

So i guess the real question is, How do we get Funimation to notice the demand for the movie. Or at the very least get them to explain why they can't due to reasons unknown.

If you have seen the movie or have an interest in it like I do, we need to express our thoughts to Funimation. We shouldn't let a great film get overshadowed just because another great movie came in to take the world by storm.

(Links to A Silent Voice)
    My Anime List: https://myanimelist.net/anime/28851/Koe_no_Katachi?q=a silet

Eleven Arts picked up the film for theatrical distribution in North America and its UK distributor is bankrolling a dub for it (at NYAV Post, who also produced the dubs for Your Name . At this point a home video release is all but confirmed, though odds are not from Funimation (otherwise they'd release it theatrically themselves).