Ancient Magus Bride

• Who else went to a showing. Is Ellias now your skull daddy?

• I am insanely jealous. I begged Crunchyroll on just about every social media platform at every opportunity and we never got a Canadian showing.

Was it the same mind blowing awesome I am expecting? I bet it was.

• @emdier WAITING FOR OCTOBER WILL BE A HELLSCAPE.

I really enjoyed it. Its wonderful seeing WIT not do an action series and instead something based in a quiet fantasy. The music is awesome. We didn't see an OP or ED. It was very vibrant and colorful compared to the more muted color pallet for something like Attack on Titan.

Daisuke Namikawa steals the show as Lindel. I can comfirm episodes 1-3 follow the manga. Its very faithful to it.

My entire theater laughed at Angelica's reaction to the "He proposed to me" line.

• As long as it follows the manga well (I am so glad to hear it does) we're totally going to have a 10/10 series here. I have not been this excited for an anime series in... Well, ever. I've read the manga so many times over, it's just such an incredible story and everything I have seen so far from WIT has been nothing short of stunning.

I'm glad their doing the atmosphere and surrounding justice, Magus Bride has always been a series with such a rich world, full of so much detail and life, and I love that it sounds like they're taking full advantage of this and giving us so much color.

Did you guys get anything special for attending the showing? Anything promotional like a poster?

If anyone from Crunchyroll is reading, I still want a showing. I am still willing to throw money at you guys for said showing. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed to see Chise and Elias on the big screen.

• Same. I am spoiled having seen it up so large.

In the chance this is a simul dub Ellias will have the easiest job in the world. He has no lip flaps besides in episode 2. And Wit NAIILED the atmosphere. Credit where its due they're a studio that has.

MY ONLY NITPICK IS THIS.

HEY CRUNCHYROLL. STOP TRYING TO HIDE SERAPH OF THE END AS A THING THAT HAPPENED. CAUSE IT DID. AND GOD DAMN DID MIKA MAKE FOR PRACTICE FOR THE SHINING GLORY OF HUSBANDO MATERIAL THAT IS LINDEL.

Also if Colleen ends up as Titiania i will loose my god damn mind...

• There is an encore screening. @emdier not sure where you are but there's some Canadian showings. I can find Calgary, Winnipeg, Halifax and Peterbourgh.

• @Doublethree100 you have no idea how happy you just made me. The second they officially go on sale I am getting tickets.

• @emdier said in Ancient Magus Bride:

@Doublethree100 you have no idea how happy you just made me. The second they officially go on sale I am getting tickets.

You don't sound excited at all. And I know how excited you actually are. Here is actual footage of us right now

alt text

alt text

I am also excited about this, by the way.

• I am at work and barely contained a very embarrassing sound when I read that post, nothing makes me fangirl quite like Magus Bride.