Forum rules comment

• @Sophie Just read through the forum rules, and noticed a potentially confusing grammatical error. Although it seems pretty self explanatory, always better to leave nothing to chance. The following quote:

No personal information.

Information (yours or someone else’s) including, but not limited to email address, physical location, physical address, phone number, or name may be posted.

It may be better to to change the ending to "may not be posted." The No personal information header should work, but it does sound contradictory to the intent of the clause.

Please feel free to delete this comment after reading, but with no PM option didn't know of any other way to send a message.

• Not directly related to your question but I might as well post here instead of making another thread.

Please use spoiler tags when posting spoilers
    If you aren’t sure that something is a spoiler, just assume it is.

How do I do this? There's nothing at the little bar and none of the codes I've seen on other sites work.

• @pleco_breeder

I added a "No" at the beginning of that bit.

The only way to do a spoiler on NodeBB is to do a >> before the text. That will hide the text and display button that a user can click on to expand the area and view the text.

Example:

Type this: >> This is a spoiler

and you get this:

This is a spoiler.

I have updated the forum rules with this information.

Thank you!!

• @Sophie said in Forum rules comment:

The only way to do a spoiler on NodeBB is to do a >> before the text. That will hide the text and display button that a user can click on to expand the area and view the text.

thanks!

• @Sophie I've tried doing that and all I get is a box within a box.

Here is what I mean.

EDIT: Guess I was mistaken; when I clicked submit the display button appeared in the post; I wonder why the button doesn't show up in the preview box.

• @Sophie New question regarding makeshift spoiler tags: is it possible to put multiple paragraphs in a single "box within a box" so that the paragraphs have one single display button? I tried editing some posts I made in a certain thread that were multiple paragraphs long, and I think it's a bit of a hassle to have each paragraph have its own separate display button.

Here's an example:

Spoiler text paragraph 1

Spoiler text paragraph 2

I want to have it so that the lines of text are in the same box, but also have an empty line separating them.

• What if you do inline html?

When we have a proper spoiler tag made, I can make supporting line breaks a requirement.