2017 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 3: Jonathan vs. Todoroki

• alt text alt text alt text

Jonathan Joestar - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood vs. Shoto Todoroki - My Hero Academia

Please choose one of the two characters listed that you wish to see continue on in this tournament. Voting will stay open until 10 PM CST the following day.

Please post your vote, as well as the current score, after taking your vote into account. Be sure to clearly note who you are voting for by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote ONCE, and once you post you cannot change your vote. And DON'T try to cheat; I'll be watching.

Jonathan - 0
    Todoroki - 0

• Jonathan - 0
    Todoroki - 1

• Jonathan - 0
    Todoroki - 2

• Jonathan Joestar Duh. I mean he is the voice with JYB that just Bad ass in it self...

• Current score:

Jonathan - 1
    Todoroki - 2

@gohan6425 I've included your votes in the score in each of the three matches you voted in, but next time follow the rules and post the score yourself.

• Jonathan - 1
    Todoroki - 3

Tough choice. Manly as Jonathan is, Shoto really impressed me a lot in that alley fight, as well as telling Ida to not let family decide his fate. He's growing and learning and I'll give it, ever so slightly, to Todoroki.

@gohan6425 said in 2017 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 3: Jonathan vs. Todoroki:

Jonathan Joestar Duh. I mean he has the voice of Numbuh 1 for God sakes! That alone makes him a bad ass!

Wrong Joestar Gohan.

You're thinking of Joseph Joestar, who actually is also in Round 3 too, just in another bracket.

Jonathan Joestar is the British guy voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch.

• @classyspartan said in 2017 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 3: Jonathan vs. Todoroki:

Jonathan - 1
    Todoroki - 3

Tough choice. Manly as Jonathan is, Shoto really impressed me a lot in that alley fight, as well as telling Ida to not let family decide his fate. He's growing and learning and I'll give it, ever so slightly, to Todoroki.

@gohan6425 said in 2017 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 3: Jonathan vs. Todoroki:

Jonathan Joestar Duh. I mean he has the voice of Numbuh 1 for God sakes! That alone makes him a bad ass!

Wrong Joestar Gohan.

You're thinking of Joseph Joestar, who actually is also in Round 3 too, just in another bracket.

Jonathan Joestar is the British guy voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch.

@classyspartan oh yeah this was Johnny. But I still for vote for b/c his votes is always bad ass too!

• Johnathan-1

Todoroki -4

• Jonathan - 2
    Todoroki - 4

He gets ignored a lot, but in all honesty Jonathan is one of the more underrated Joestars. Unlike Joseph, Josuke, Jotaro, Giorno, and Jolyne, Jonathan is truly a refined, respectable gentleman with little if any bad marks to his personality.

• @SpacemanHardy said in 2017 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 3: Jonathan vs. Todoroki:

Jonathan - 2
    Todoroki - 4

He gets ignored a lot, but in all honesty Jonathan is one of the more underrated Joestars. Unlike Joseph, Josuke, Jotaro, Giorno, and Jolyne, Jonathan is truly a refined, respectable gentleman with little if any bad marks to his personality.

@SpacemanHardy Original one gets talked about a lot too I just got it mixed up because I didn't look at the picture and when I seen the name pop up I just assumed it was numbuh 1 because let's face it Ben basically recycle this number 1. Well look cool but I always viewed Jonathan as basically the adult version of number 1 basically the recycle voice. That I don't mind it because I'm a big fan of codename kids next-door it's always good to hear his voice. But the original Jonathan his epic bad ass moments to I mean he took out Duo Who is freaking immortal. That bad ass. JYB played it out very well. He may get overlooked because the other Jonathan acts like a kid how ironic honestly now that I think about it Ben was the perfect person to play this character because Jonathan's personality is almost similar to numbuh 1.

• Let's go little mr. Icy hot. I believe in you Todoroki! Some times people forget the manliest thing you can do is fast your past, overcome fear and tell your abusive dad to suck it.

• Jonathan - 2
    Todoroki - 5

BE WARNED: HERE THERE BE MY HERO ACADEMIA SEASON 2 SPOILERS

alt text

It's funny how quickly things in this series change, just a little while ago I was having to defend Todoroki not coming to terms with what had happened with his father, and being unwilling to us his left side, and in one episode he developed enough to knock all that out with one fell swoop.

He has developed so much this past season, going from a traumatized and angry teenage boy and changing to become a young hero. Even coming to terms with the fact that he should take advantage of the fact that he has so many opportunities and humbling himself enough to accept his Father's agency, and accepting that the best way for him to help people is to become the best hero he can be.

He does not hesitate to rush in and help his friend, and he and Izuku truly make a freaking awesome duo. We see how far he has come, from a child bitter with his own power and afraid to truly accept himself, to the makings of an incredible hero.

alt text

• Jonathan - 3
    Todoroki - 5

As cool and powerful as Todoroki is, when I think about the magnitude of what Jonathan accomplished and what he had to go through, it makes me believe that Jonathan is the more manly of the two candidates. His unflinching tenacity and steadfast loyalty are but a few of his manly qualities.

• Jonathan - 4
    Todoroki - 5

• Jonathan - 5
    Todoroki - 5

• Jonathan - 5
    Todoroki - 6

• Jonathan - 6
    Todoroki - 6

• Jonathan - 5
    Todoroki - 7

Even though I still believe Todoroki has some growing to do before being qualified to win the tournament, I also have to believe that enough progress is being made to at least qualify him to win round 3.

• Correct Score

Jonathan - 6
    Todoroki - 7