A Certain Magical Index Season 2 dub

• Does anyone know if they are going to dub season 2 and if they are then when will it released ?

• All that's known is that Index II will be released to home video

Nobody knows if they are going to dub season 2 and if they are when it will be released. If that information was publicly known, you would've already known about it, and you wouldn't have made a thread asking if anyone knew if they were going to dub season 2 and if they are when it will be released

• Jdikcifijcfjjffff

• railguns better

• Better or not; Railgun's still just a side-story and can't exist without Index.

• I don't agree with that at all, considering Railgun is more in line with the narrative of the universe. You could remove Index and Toma and, aside from the Accelerator arc, Railgun's events would be virtually unchanged

That said, Index is considerably better. Misaka is unquestionably the best character with the coolest ability, but her supporting cast is pretty horrible and the show's fights and arcs are on a much smaller scale since most of the time, it just feels like they're policing the city, rather than saving it. Index, meanwhile, has far more interesting support characters, villains, and grave situations that just feel much larger in magnitude and danger

• I was talking about the media side of things, not in terms of the Index universe its self. I meant that if Index stops for some reason, I don't see the spinoffs carrying on for long after that. That and the fact that they wouldn't have even existed at all if it wasn't for Index's massive popularity.

And I too agree that Index is the better of the two, however, that is now subject to change with the new Accelerator manga.

• @Swordy537:

I was talking about the media side of things, not in terms of the Index universe its self. I meant that if Index stops for some reason, I don't see the spinoffs carrying on for long after that. That and the fact that they wouldn't have even existed at all if it wasn't for Index's massive popularity.

And I too agree that Index is the better of the two, however, that is now subject to change with the new Accelerator manga.

It's more of matter of opinion actually. For example both Index and Railgun take cliche concept and does something unique with it. Index has the whole Magic vs Science thing which has been done for almost as long as both genres have been around but doesn't focuse on massive battles and aweing powers as form of plot progression. Instead the plot is more of what would happen if these to factions had strong political power and one of them being hiden from the public. Railgun is about an acadamy with kids that have essentaill super powers this also has been done to death but it decides to focus on the idea that just becouse everyone has powers it doesn't mean they live their life all that different then normal people hence Slice of life genre.

An intersting thing of note is that technically the terms story and plot are different. The Story is the series of events the characters go through that progress the plot but the plot is the overall theme, idea, or conflict that drives the story. The is made up of series seemingly unrelated mini-story arcs with about 10 day time skip between them and it is about an average teenager who ends up in a buch of events involveing and without knowing what is going on just has to roll with it. Each mini-arc is seemingly unrelated to the next becouse of this it has been said to be unfocused, random, and have no direction but that isn't true. The problem is that those people are probably focussing on the wrong things. The plot is very complicated to the point where you would probably have to re-watch it several times just make sure you got everything the other problem lies with the fact that the show makes no attempt to actually tell you what what the plot is, the show gives you all the information you need without hand-waving its importance and leaves you to peice it together and figure out what is going and how it relates to the story. With that being said each individual story are fun in their own right so you find that complex style of writing to difficult than just take what happens on screen with a grain of salt it can be very enjoyable.

Railgun story is much simpler. The story and the plot are pretty much the same and it also pretty obvious. It is more lighthearted (atleast until S) and easier to follow. But if you don't like the slice of life genre than it can come across as boring. I dont think you can easily say one is better than the other for they are completely different genres with completely different methods of story writing. Depeneding on what you are looking for, what you expect out of, and what you prefer from, each anime you will like one more than the other.

• Who cares? Just as long as they both get Dub!

• @neo2516:

Who cares? Just as long as they both get Dub!

Finally, someone who gets it! Why does everything have to be about "what's better?"

• @Swordy537:

Finally, someone who gets it! Why does everything have to be about "what's better?"

I like this post.

• Well Index already has the Cast announced for the dub so that is a def.. as for Railgun, they own the rights so ya must assume of Index II is a hit it will get a dub.. and as for Which is better .. two sides of same coin.. both seem to continue an ongoing story with Kami and Misa. So I wanna see all that and hope they add more seasons in future =)

• @Caylin0:

Does anyone know if they are going to dub season 2 and if they are then when will it released

yes it will be look at Monica rial's page in this link. now as for when i don't know but it will be.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Monica-Rial/

• so wen will it be dub

• @ababyyeti:

so wen will it be dub

wen iz dun :P

• I hope season 1 would get a blu-ray release as well as season 2.

• @gamer56:

yes it will be look at Monica rial's page in this link. now as for when i don't know but it will be.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Monica-Rial/

!!!!HEAVY BREATHING!!!!
    I've been waiting for this! i didnt even know if it was going to be dubed, i'm so excited now! I dont even care when it's going to be done just knowing it is going to happen makes me heart leap with joy!

• @zerochan923600:

!!!!HEAVY BREATHING!!!!
    I've been waiting for this! i didnt even know if it was going to be dubed, i'm so excited now! I dont even care when it's going to be done just knowing it is going to happen makes me heart leap with joy!

glad to hear it

• Regarding the accelerator Arc. it's at a different perspective in Railgun. Basically it's portrayed differently. The Battle between Accel and Touma, and the intervention in episode 11 of Railgun S. Different perspectives of both stories. The events are normally different because Index focuses on Touma and Railgun focuses on Mikoto; (Misaka is her last name btw). however I still think that the battle between Touma and Accelerator in Index is slightly better than that of the Railgun version.
    My point is that the anime's have same events only viewed from different perspectives. And I'm talking about the instances in the Sister Arc.
    Touma meeting the Sisters. Sister 10031 exploding completely than just a bloody corpse. And of course the intervention on episode 11 of Railgun S. I love these shows. I can't wait for the dub of Index season 2.
    I just hope that there's going to be a final season for both stories. The mangas just finished anyway. It'd make sense to finish the animes.