Date A Live Recommendations

• I have just finished the Date A Live series and enjoyed every bit of it! Until the end. It just felt like they had left on a cliffhanger. So I'm looking for some anime similar to this in it's genres(Harem,Mecha,School,etc.).

Also I'm not sure if this is the place for recommendations.

• Infinite Stratos, High School DxD, Trinity Seven

Those last two trade mecha for magic, but otherwise still go with the other two themes you got there.

• I'm surprised/disappointed "Harem" isn't a genre.

I'll throw in Tenchi Muyo! and Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar just because.

• Infinite Stratos is the one big one, but Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle and Hundred are two comfort food mecha harems as well. They're both worse than Date A Live, but they do exist

You can watch Hundred on Crunchyroll and Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle is on Hulu. There's only one season of Infinite Stratos on Crunchyroll, so I would watch that on Hidive instead

• Unfortunately, I have watched all those before.

• Although neither is mecha, Maken Ki and Medaka Box are both school based battle harem anime which were at least interesting. Haven't seen them in years, but seem to remember enjoying them at the time.

• Have you tried Heaven's Lost Property yet?

Another recent one that came out is Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor. You might enjoy those as well.

• Wow, if you've watched Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle, it might be difficult to come up with some names. I'll roll up my sleeves and expand to magical battle harem academies, not just mecha stuff, and I'll try to go stuff that's deeper (and probably not nearly as good). I'll try to rank them from what I enjoyed the most to least

Kampfer
    Chivalry of a Failed Knight
    The Asterisk War
    Samurai Girls / Samurai Bride
    Daimidaler
    Strike the Blood
    Unbreakable Machine-Doll
    Dragonar Academy
    AntiMagic Academy 35th Test Platoon
    Absolute Duo
    Walkure Romanze
    Blade Dance of the Elementalers
    Unlimited Fafnir
    Isuca

Oof...I wish I had forgotten about a few of those at the very bottom

• I've actually watched a lot of those that you guys recommended. Such as Heaven's Lost Property (still in the second season), Kampfer, Chivalry of a Failed Knight, The Asterisk War (second season), Daimidaler (forgot what episode), Absolute Duo (which was probably my first harem anime ever watched XD), and a couple others. But the others you recommended are unknown to me. However, a lot of the harem anime that I happen to stumble upon are from a different source (ex: CrunchyRoll) which I do not have a membership to currently. I actually only have a membership to Funimation currently (not even Netflix or Hulu). So I believe I just made the search a lot harder.

Also your guys' response time is amazing! Thanks for replying to my thread. I thought no one would :P

• @MidoriyaIzuku Unbreakable Machine Doll is a favorite of mine.

And while it isn't a school or mecha based harem, I'd also recommend Punch Line.

And while it isn't a harem, I'd also throw in Yuki Yuna is a Hero (I liked this one more than Madoka Magica).

• How old do you want to back? Harem antics abound:

Ai Yori Aoshi
    Ah! My Goddess
    Ben-to
    Girls Bravo
    Oni-Ai
    Haganai
    Kanon
    Rosario+Vampire
    School Rumble
    Shomin Sample
    Shuffle!
    Tsugumomo
    Vandread

• @SpacemanHardy said in Date A Live Recommendations:

Have you tried Heaven's Lost Property yet?

Another recent one that came out is Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor. You might enjoy those as well.

While enjoyable Akashic Records is not a harem.

Also My recommendation would be "Is This a Zombie?". I am surprised it was not mentioned yet.

Edit:
    Monster Musume
    World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman
    Mayo Chiki
    NAKAIMO - My Little Sister is Among Them!
    Nyan-Koi
    The World God Only Knows

hmm was D-frag a harem? Its been too long either way it really good and should be watched.

• Thanks for the recommendations guys! I will make sure to put these all in my queue! Can you guys also think of any magic/school anime. Sort of where they go to a school to learn about their powers or something similar (like My Hero Academia).

• You don't need a subscription to watch shows on Crunchyroll - you just can't watch them in HD, that's all

There are too many magic/school/growing up shows to count, but something like Soul Eater or Fairy Tail would probably be a good start

• @Riles Something besides those two. And if you could name as many as possible that would be more than great!

• hmm I cant think of many shows like MHA but two I can think of involving going to school to learn magic would be Sky Wizards Academy and Akashic Records. There is also Tokyo ESP its sorta xmenish but I dont think there is a school that they train at.

I guess theirs also Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero its about a magic school and also a harem if I remember correctly.

If you have netflix theres little witch academia. And I've never watched it but they also have the irregular at magic high school which I can only assume is about a magic high school.

• @MidoriyaIzuku Not magic related, but you might enjoy Assassination Classroom if you haven't watched it already.

• I would also recommend Asterisk War on CR. Definitely fits in the magical school genre.

• @pleco_breeder said in Date A Live Recommendations:

I would also recommend Asterisk War on CR. Definitely fits in the magical school genre.

It's also on Funimation if you prefer. Or if you prefer an English dub, they have it up on Hulu.

• I have watched a few episodes of Assassination Classroom along with a whole season of Asterisk War.

• Just finished watching Sky Wizards Academy. If you have anything similar to that then please do reply!