Viz Media has announced a Hunter x Hunter movie!

• Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/888175319240364032

@emdier I think it safe to said you can rest easy now it's being dub... :)

• @gohan6425
    I about lost my cookies when I saw this on their Facebook announcements, I am so freaking happy! I was seriously hoping they would get these films!

• I'm actually pretty excited about this. The series was subbed and streaming on Netflix and Crunchyroll but there was never anywhere to check out either of the two movies so I'm very excited to finally get the chance to watch one of them!

• Read through the twitter, and only saw user comments indicating a dub. Is there any way to confirm this is a dub release?

• @pleco_breeder said in Viz Media has announced a hunter x hunter movie!:

Read through the twitter, and only saw user comments indicating a dub. Is there any way to confirm this is a dub release?

@pleco_breeder The sub version is already out so I almost sure this is for the English Dub Version. Now weather it go to limit theaters in the United States like Funimation is are currently doing with most of their titles is a question that will be a wait and see...

Read through the twitter, and only saw user comments indicating a dub. Is there any way to confirm this is a dub release?

I think it's pretty darn likely, since they were also announcing the dub cast for the Greed Island arc at the same time.

Erika Harlacher, voice of Kurapika confirmed on her Twitter that is a project she's been working on.

https://twitter.com/ErikaHarlacher/status/888190120263794688

• That makes for two surprises. Glad to know about the dub. Also a bit surprised to put a face with Kurapika's voice. I'm not big on twitter, so a lot of VA I never see.

• @emdier said in Viz Media has announced a hunter x hunter movie!:

@pleco_breeder said in Viz Media has announced a hunter x hunter movie!:

I think it's pretty darn likely, since they were also announcing the dub cast for the Greed Island arc at the same time.

@emdier I though The leader guy for the spiders no longer has Nen anymore? That's what was stated in the last episode so is this movie before the events of where the anime is at? I wonder why it's not coming out until 2018 done since we already have the season over now?

• @gohan6425 said in Viz Media has announced a hunter x hunter movie!:

@emdier said in Viz Media has announced a hunter x hunter movie!:

@emdier I though The leader guy for the spiders no longer has nend anymore? That's what was stated in the last episode so is this movie before the events of where the anime is at? I wonder why it's not coming out until 2018 done since we already have the season over now?

Slight spoilers (I don't think anything here will be spoiler for you Gohan, but just giving others a heads up)

So his Nen isn't gone, it's sealed away. Kurapika made it so he in unable to use it anymore, but it is still there.

But that doesn't really have any bearing on the film. It's kinda sorta stand alone, it's recommended to watch this after the Yorknew arc so you know the back story, and this is the movie where we get even more of Kurapika's storyline, but the movie doesn't really have any kind of effect on the series, it's basically it's own thing that's kind of canon because the mangaka did write it, he just didn't include it in the manga for whatever reason and scrapped the idea.

I'm not sure why they aren't releasing the film now, since it would make the most sense story wise, but maybe it is a liscensing thing as the movie came out in Japan some time after the arc there too (If I am remembering correctly)

@gohan6425 said in Viz Media has announced a hunter x hunter movie!:

@emdier I though The leader guy for the spiders no longer has nend anymore? That's what was stated in the last episode so is this movie before the events of where the anime is at? I wonder why it's not coming out until 2018 done since we already have the season over now?

Slight spoilers (I don't think anything here will be spoiler for you Gohan, but just giving others a heads up)

So his Nen isn't gone, it's sealed away. Kurapika made it so he in unable to use it anymore, but it is still there.

But that doesn't really have any bearing on the film. It's kinda sorta stand alone, it's recommended to watch this after the Yorknew arc so you know the back story, and this is the movie where we get even more of Kurapika's storyline, but the movie doesn't really have any kind of effect on the series, it's basically it's own thing that's kind of canon because the mangaka did write it, he just didn't include it in the manga for whatever reason and scrapped the idea.

I'm not sure why they aren't releasing the film now, since it would make the most sense story wise, but maybe it is a liscensing thing as the movie came out in Japan some time after the arc there too (If I am remembering correctly)

@emdier So this movie is non canon then? Also not sure if where on the Yorknew arc... We just finish season 3 and are going on to season 4 now.

Tl;dr for you Gohan - Chrollo didn't lose his Nen, his Nen is just being locked away due to Kurapika's chains. Should he ever use his Nen while he has that inside of his heart, he'll die.

The Troupe wants to help Chrollo to find a user who can remove that kind of Nen from someone without harming or killing Chrollo in the process.

• @classyspartan said in Viz Media has announced a Hunter x Hunter movie!:

Tl;dr for you Gohan - Chrollo didn't lose his Nen, his Nen is just being locked away due to Kurapika's chains. Should he ever use his Nen while he has that inside of his heart, he'll die.

The Troupe wants to help Chrollo to find a user who can remove that kind of Nen from someone without harming or killing Chrollo in the process.

@classyspartan That the point though it locked away so he can't used his Nen which mean he powerly unless he wanted to die...

• @gohan6425 said in Viz Media has announced a Hunter x Hunter movie!:

@classyspartan said in Viz Media has announced a Hunter x Hunter movie!:

@classyspartan That the point though it locked away so he can't used his Nen which mean he powerly unless he wanted to die...

I feel like if we tell you any more about this movie, it'll be going in to Spoiler territory. Let's just say the Troupe's involvement in this film is explained in the movie.

• @emdier said in Viz Media has announced a Hunter x Hunter movie!:

@gohan6425 said in Viz Media has announced a Hunter x Hunter movie!:

I feel like if we tell you any more about this movie, it'll be going in to Spoiler territory. Let's just say the Troupe's involvement in this film is explained in the movie.

The less I know the better for me too, as I'm going into this one blind. I'm just excited to see they're licensing this one, so hopefully means they can and will license/dub the 2nd Film too!

@emdier said in Viz Media has announced a Hunter x Hunter movie!:

The less I know the better for me too, as I'm going into this one blind. I'm just excited to see they're licensing this one, so hopefully means they can and will license/dub the 2nd Film too!

@classyspartan Now we just need to know if we getting a limit theater run...

@emdier said in Viz Media has announced a Hunter x Hunter movie!:

That's exciting, I personally didn't like the movies quite as much as the TV series, BUT obviously I didn't dislike them enough that I'm not gonna be first in line to purchase them and see them in theaters if that's an option (But then again, it's Hunter x Hunter. I am basically guaranteed to buy anything they throw my way). They're good movies for what they are.