Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAHFoWjCp4o

Mikasa will KILL anyone who get in her from saving her boyfriend Eren! :) Commander Erwin loseis his ARM to get Eren back! Eren and Mikasa are confronted by the Titan that kill Eren Mother! SHIT IS GOING DOWN NOW! Can't wait for Season 3 we need more of this 12 Episode don't do this justice!

• Oh man, that part with Erwin gives me chills every single time.

"FORWARD!"
    CHOMP Arm in titans mouth
    Soldiers immediately stop and panic and Erwin ain't having none of that.
    "Men, did I freaking stutter?!? I said FORWARD!"

I don't understand how people didn't like this season as much. I had so many moments where this season gave me goosebumps. It's freaking awesome.

• @emdier said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

Oh man, that part with Erwin gives me chills every single time.

"FORWARD!"
    CHOMP Arm in titans mouth
    Soldiers immediately stop and panic and Erwin ain't having none of that.
    "Men, did I freaking stutter?!? I said FORWARD!"

I don't understand how people didn't like this season as much. I had so many moments where this season gave me goosebumps. It's freaking awesome.

@emdier Because the first few episodes were very stale. That why. Hardly featuring any of the main characters in the first few episodes is what made it downgrade from the first season. Though once the season picked up they never looked back.

• @emdier I think because it was only 12 episodes that people were to upset about that. But I agree it had a lot of great moments and a very addictive opening. I can't stop listening to it.

@gohan6425 Don't see how that's the reason why not unless people actually enjoyed the parts with the main characters just talking throughout most of the episodes and don't like action or intense scenes. Also from going by videos and what I've heard from most people season 3 will most likely be up to 26 episodes.

• Next season, and I presume any future seasons, are not going to focus on Eren, Armin and Mikasa as much. They are still there, but there is a lot of other stuff happening that involves the other characters. It will be interesting to see how it all gets adapted. Hopefully we get a full adaptation of the manga.

• @korrailli I agree. I've heard Levi is definitely in the next arcs a lot more. Also I believe Wit Studio did say that they'll fully adapt the manga

• @MidnightAoshi said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

@emdier I think because it was only 12 episodes that people were to upset about that. But I agree it had a lot of great moments and a very addictive opening. I can't stop listening to it.

@gohan6425 Don't see how that's the reason why not unless people actually enjoyed the parts with the main characters just talking throughout most of the episodes and don't like action or intense scenes. Also from going by videos and what I've heard from most people season 3 will most likely be up to 26 episodes.

@MidnightAoshi IT IS the reason people wanted action bro. And the main characters where not in it as much either which hurt the season in the beginning. 26 episodes would be GOOD but I have no report on that yet main characters NEED to be the focus of the anime.

• @korrailli said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

Next season, and I presume any future seasons, are not going to focus on Eren, Armin and Mikasa as much. They are still there, but there is a lot of other stuff happening that involves the other characters. It will be interesting to see how it all gets adapted. Hopefully we get a full adaptation of the manga.

@korrailli I HOPE TO GOD YOUR WRONG! The 1st few episodes where VERY stale without the main characters there! This anime stink without them and it was prove from the 1st few episodes stink without them. That NEED to focus on Eren, Armin and Mikasa. Last time that try that shit it fail baddly. When that try to give Gohan Goku spot and look what happen Toyaina when back to Goku b/c Goku is THE GUY THE SUPERHERO of the story! The Main Character NEED to be the focus the most!

• @gohan6425 Don't see how it hurt the series. It was the most watched show on Crunchyroll for the spring and from another forum I'm on it's the third most watched show on Toonami or second if you want to combine Super and Kai. So just because you didn't like the first episode and the parts with the castle others don't like it either then is what you're saying?

• I don't think it hurts the series either. Like I said, I actually liked Season 2 a bit more then Season 1, I didn't find learning about the other characters hurt it at all. I mean, my favorite character is Levi so I am totally cool with hearing he's more of a focus.

• @MidnightAoshi said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

@gohan6425 Don't see how it hurt the series. It was the most watched show on Crunchyroll for the spring and from another forum I'm on it's the third most watched show on Toonami or second if you want to combine Super and Kai. So just because you didn't like the first episode and the parts with the castle others don't like it either then is what you're saying?

@MidnightAoshi And people did not like then doing that you need to focus on the main characters...

• I am caught up on the manga, so I know it focuses on other characters. I don't remember every last detail (it's been a while since I read most of it), but I do know there are a lot of different things going on. @gohan6425, you are really not going to like the stuff near the end (where the manga is now), there has been no sign of the Main 3 for a few chapters.
    I for one like the world building and how there is the viewpoint of other characters and not the full focus on Eren (I am not a big Eren fan).
    Attack on Titan has far more main characters than just Eren, Armin, and Mikasa. Levi, Erwin, Historia, Ymir, Reiner, Bertholt, etc all have their time to shine and do things.

• I'm gonna be the contrarian to you on this one Gohan, but I gotta say, I've honestly been enjoying Season 2 a lot more to be honest.

I enjoy Eren, Mikasa, and ESPECIALLY Armin (seriously that bit he pulled during this episode alongside the absolutely stellar performance from Josh Grelle) I honestly liked learning a lot more about the ensemble cast of the 104th, especially what makes them tick, and how they break and show who they really are.

Also, you know.....Spoiler Warning right now.

I loved the fact that Sasha is more than just some dumb potato girl meme this season and she's actually got a compelling, tense action scene where she selflessly protects a kid without anything other than a bow and axe and survives (Fun Fact: Originally Sasha was planned to die during that sequence, but ultimately the author's editor decided against that, and I'm kind of glad he made that call).

I loved the fact that this season actually made Titans god damn terrifying again from the get-go. The climax of the first episode of this season was one of the most eerie, jaw-dropping and terrifying Titan kills I've ever seen and the moment where a cold-stone hardened badass can just become a screaming, blubbering child when they're about to be brutalized by a Titan in the dark is terrifying.

I loved the oh so casual reveal of the biggest development in the series thus far and how they delved into what led those characters to that decision, and how much they broke. I love that the morality of these clearly "evil" people isn't quite so clear about why they wanted to do this, as you see all the doubt, fear, anger and regret that this is the burden they have to live with for the rest of their lives.

I loved the fact that Ymir became a much more integral player, and showed who she really was, and the same goes for her life partner Historia who I loved how she also became much more than a pretty face and became a competent and complex character too.

And honestly much as I enjoy all that I truly adore the fact that we got to learn more about these people alongside the main three, and that manages to develop both them and the story of Attack on Titan much more. I know the mains are important but seeing what makes other people tick is just as fascinating, if not more in some cases.

And I can't wait to see how they handle the finale too.

• @classyspartan said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

I'm gonna be the contrarian to you on this one Gohan, but I gotta say, I've honestly been enjoying Season 2 a lot more to be honest.

I enjoy Eren, Mikasa, and ESPECIALLY Armin (seriously that bit he pulled during this episode alongside the absolutely stellar performance from Josh Grelle) I honestly liked learning a lot more about the ensemble cast of the 104th, especially what makes them tick, and how they break and show who they really are.

This is not a spoiler thread please remove that here. We things from the English dub that of been officially released are allowed to be discussed here. I will not read or reply to anything you said until you do. @SpacemanHardy @administrators @Moderators

• @korrailli said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

I am caught up on the manga, so I know it focuses on other characters. I don't remember every last detail (it's been a while since I read most of it), but I do know there are a lot of different things going on. @gohan6425, you are really not going to like the stuff near the end (where the manga is now), there has been no sign of the Main 3 for a few chapters.
    I for one like the world building and how there is the viewpoint of other characters and not the full focus on Eren (I am not a big Eren fan).
    Attack on Titan has far more main characters than just Eren, Armin, and Mikasa. Levi, Erwin, Historia, Ymir, Reiner, Bertholt, etc all have their time to shine and do things.

That pretty dumb that need to focus on the main characters that's with the show show is built on. And Eren is great. Building up the show you need the main characters to build it around that's how old the ratings keep going up if you build it around characters that are unknown people are not going to by in it happens all the time.

• @gohan6425 From what I've seen it's only you that haven't liked it. Also the creator has stated he was going to kill everyone off before so who knows maybe in the next arc the main characters could be dead for all you know. He also doesn't like cliches so whatever you think will happen since you seem like you know everything most likely won't happen.

@gohan6425 From what I've seen it's only you that haven't liked it. Also the creator has stated he was going to kill everyone off before so who knows maybe in the next arc the main characters could be dead for all you know. He also doesn't like cliches so whatever you think will happen since you seem like you know everything most likely won't happen.

@MidnightAoshi Killing off the main characters is a BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD move. The started of the show is how you build the anime with what gets you there! And no many other on youtube did not like it with out the main characters. Also it was Sasta that he was going kill off but change his mind b/c he KNEW it was dumb move...

• @gohan6425 said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

@classyspartan said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

I'm gonna be the contrarian to you on this one Gohan, but I gotta say, I've honestly been enjoying Season 2 a lot more to be honest.

I loved the fact that Sasha is more than just some dumb potato girl meme this season and she's actually got a compelling, tense action scene where she selflessly protects a kid without anything other than a bow and axe and survives (Fun Fact: Originally Sasha was planned to die during that sequence, but ultimately the author's editor decided against that, and I'm kind of glad he made that call).

I loved the fact that this season actually made Titans god damn terrifying again from the get-go. The climax of the first episode of this season was one of the most eerie, jaw-dropping and terrifying Titan kills I've ever seen and the moment where a cold-stone hardened badass can just become a screaming, blubbering child when they're about to be brutalized by a Titan in the dark is terrifying.

I loved the oh so casual reveal of the biggest development in the series thus far and how they delved into what led those characters to that decision, and how much they broke. I love that the morality of these clearly "evil" people isn't quite so clear about why they wanted to do this, as you see all the doubt, fear, anger and regret that this is the burden they have to live with for the rest of their lives.

I loved the fact that Ymir became a much more integral player, and showed who she really was, and the same goes for her life partner Historia who I loved how she also became much more than a pretty face and became a competent and complex character too.

And honestly much as I enjoy all that I truly adore the fact that we got to learn more about these people alongside the main three, and that manages to develop both them and the story of Attack on Titan much more. I know the mains are important but seeing what makes other people tick is just as fascinating, if not more in some cases.

This is not a spoiler thread please remove that here. We things from the English dub that of been officially released are allowed to be discussed here. I will not read or reply to anything you said until you do. @SpacemanHardy @administrators @Moderators

Out of curiosity, maybe I missed something, but was there really spoiler?

From what I see, everything mentioned here happened in episodes before the episode you're reviewing?

• @emdier said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

@gohan6425 said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

@classyspartan said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

From what I see, everything mentioned here happened in episodes before the episode you're reviewing?

@emdier said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

@gohan6425 said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

@emdier She said "spoiler" which mean things that have not happen yet as in the ENGLISH DUB or in the manga which I myself don't read. This thread is for the dub no future things are suppose to be said in here...

• @gohan6425 said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

@emdier said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

@emdier She said "spoiler" which mean things that have not happen yet in the ENGLISH DUB or in the manga which I myself don't read. There thread is for the dub no future thing are suppose to be in here...

What am I missing? I don't see anything there that hasn't happened in the dub? I get that you don't want to read it and for good reason, I don't see anything.

@MidnightAoshi said in Attack On Titan Season 2: Episode 36 Review English Dub! My Video:

@gohan6425 From what I've seen it's only you that haven't liked it. Also the creator has stated he was going to kill everyone off before so who knows maybe in the next arc the main characters could be dead for all you know. He also doesn't like cliches so whatever you think will happen since you seem like you know everything most likely won't happen.

@MidnightAoshi Killing off the main characters is a BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD move.

Oh yeah, no show gets popular killing off main characters.

Cough Game of Thrones Cough Walking Dead Cough Gurren Lagann Cough