How to make a good YouTube Podcast?

• I been thinking about for awhile but don't really know how I would set up I wanted to do a weekly podcast on my YouTube Channel about Toonami where I bring guests on the show and what not. It still try to think up good ideas or what I should. May google hangout? How would I go about this and like different topics to talk about? And will to come up with a good name of course...

• @gohan6425 idk if that's a good idea.

• @Zethus said in How to make a good YouTube Podcast?:

@gohan6425 idk if that's a good idea.

@Zethus Uh I think it is.

• I've thought about doing reviews on various anime series i've watched as well as gaming and movies. Also thought about doing those podcasts but its hard to think of how I'd differentiate myself from everyone else.

• To do a podcast like this and have it work out, one would need to be charming, likable, and be able to hold a polite conversation with another human being.

So good luck.

• @darkdeath174 said in How to make a good YouTube Podcast?:

To do a podcast like this and have it work out, one would need to be charming, likable, and be able to hold a polite conversation with another human being.

So good luck.

@darkdeath174 And I don't have "polite conversation"??? Really bro really...

• @darkdeath174 said in How to make a good YouTube Podcast?:

To do a podcast like this and have it work out, one would need to be charming, likable, and be able to hold a polite conversation with another human being.

So good luck.

Come on dude, let's be fair here, I have had my share of disagreements with Gohan but that was uncalled for.

He's not hurting anyone by doing a podcast and that was just a comment made to be hurtful. I may disagree with him a lot but that comment is teetering on just being a bully.

Gohan, you go ahead and give it a try. I think if you chill out a bit and have a conversation with people instead of an argument (which, I personally think you have really improved on since you've come back, you've shown more restraint), you could have a decent shot at getting a show going.

• Don't worry @gohan6425, the kind folks over at For Dummies have got you covered!

alt text

Seriously though, I'm sure there is some great extensive guides and resources out there to help in your pursuit of this, might be worth a look around on the net. Or possibly (I hope they don't mind me throwing their name into this) you could ask @SpacemanHardy and his friends who do the Dub Talk podcast for some possible tips on how to get started.

Either way, good luck to you!

• I won't go into whether I think it's a good idea. It's your time and effort going into it. I will say that I'd be careful about what guests you have doing it with you. Not expecting that you're in a position to have professionals for industry type interviews here. However, the chemistry between yourself and whichever guest you have on can make or break the show, and is important to think about ahead of time. Don't know what you do professionally, but think of it similar to giving a presentation. It has to be something to keep interest, and both the host and guest have to be on the same page or it's going to get very dry very fast. Aside from chemistry with your guests, I don't think you really need to be all that prim and proper. Color commentary (aka trash talk) can be a successful tool if implemented properly and doesn't offend anybody. I've complained about some of the statements which were made during Dubbletalk because they were blatantly insulting to the shows, but others were just poking fun at ignorance of characters, or twisting statements a bit were were hilarious.

I guess I'm advising to do this as you see fit and don't be too worried about being straight-laced with it because it's your project at the end of the day. The closer the shows match your own personality, the more satisfied you're going to be with it. That is unless you wanted to pursue a project which requires you to be an actor for an hour a week.