My Hero academia break

• Please explain how my hero academia is on break an the subbed is not. Like how if they are supposedly to be airing together but then the dub goes on break for 2 weeks while the sub still airs
    And why isn't forums available on the app why does the app have way less features then the online like are not the same thing
    And how the f#*k are y'all still showing spring anime in July that shit should been ended why must dubbers wait so long just to keep up not like we already don't have to wait long for shit to get dubbed then y'all wanna go on random ass breaks

THIS REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS

• @larrydg said in My Hero academia break:

Please explain how my hero academia is on break an the subbed is not

because they determined they can no longer do the same day dub so they'll now be 2 weeks behind. They only announced 6 episodes would be same day so making it to 14 was quite a bit more than promised.

@larrydg said in My Hero academia break:

And how the f#*k are y'all still showing spring anime in July that shit should been ended why must dubbers wait so long just to keep up not like we already don't have to wait long for shit to get dubbed then y'all wanna go on random ass breaks

You know Funimation is the only one who does dubs 2-4 weeks behind the sub right? Sentai is currently release/just released dubs for Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Food Wars season 1, School Live, Monster Musume, Gate and Umaru-chan. Food Wars goes all the way back to April 2015.

Many anime episodes are finished within a few hours of airing. Unless you want the dubs to be absolute garbage there is no possible way to have all the shows dubbed at the same time as the sub releases.

"Simuldubs" are fairly new (I think 2 or 3 years?) before then instead of waiting 2-4 weeks you'd have to wait until it was either on Toonami (or some other TV station/block) or for the DVD. If Funimation didn't do 2-4 week delays you'd probably have to wait for the Blu-ray meaning stuff like past about Summer/Fall 2016 would not be dubbed at all yet.

• where's the announcement anyways? I didn't hear a thing about the delay till I saw it mentioned on a Disqus comment thread on 'another anime streaming site' I use. did FUNI's FB page put a notice out that I missed? BTW LDG, 'simulcast dubs' is kinda a lie. it's just a marketing 'name' FUNI put out there. they technically are released a whole day behind the first airing of MHAs2 in Japan. remember JST zone is 14 hours AHEAD of Eastern Time Zone in the US. also, if you're un-aware LDG, every broadcast and satellite network that carries anime in Japan requires a full set of masters from the anime producers before it ever airs a single episode. after over a decade of 'oops we're late, sorry tv and satellite people, we had a hiccup in our ______ so, no episode this week' from the anime producers, all, AND I DO MEAN ALL of the Japanese TV and satellite networks REQUIRE in their CONTRACTS a full set of masters for the whole agreed period(1 season, 12 eps, 24 eps split cour etc) before they'll allow a show on their schedules. have you never watched the Voice Actress anime 'Girlish Number' ? if not, watch it, it's a near 1 for 1 equivalency of a real life anime production 'history'. plus, most anime producers now are on a 2-3 YEAR plan. yes YEAR plan! of what they're going to produce and try and market to the public. so, i'll nigh on guarantee LDG, MHAs2 IS ALREADY 100% IN THE CAN IN JAPAN. whatever access FUNI has to those masters is according to the licensing contracts. so, FUNI is probably legally required to delay their dubs for a certain amount of time AFTER the Jap broadcast. plus, if you've NEVER seen a DVD behind the scenes special on how DUBs work, just imagine ohhh... 50 or so actors... with their own schedules, having to squeeze into sound booths, on FUNI's schedule for pre and post production, the translations of the script, the checking double checking and triple checking those scripts go through, then the mouth synch re-animation, then editing the new voice tracks to the video, sometimes even editing kanji on the original master video into English so we can read signs, newspapers, book covers, cell phone messages/texts, etc. seriously LDG, don't bitch and whine about a 2 week delay... like Doublethree said, at least you're not waiting a year or longer for a DUB dvd. heck, I got started in anime in the 90's with Harmony Gold's original ROBOTECH on VHS remaking Macross entirely into something completely different. imagine that eh? the only way you could EVER watch anime was renting a VHS tape, and trust me when I say, the TITLE selection was very very VERY lean. and no, not very many 'businesses' existed in the US to sell anime to the public either. unless you could read/speak Japanese and ordered the tapes FROM Japan with an email or international long distance phone call. let alone try and get a CATALOGUE in the mail from a Japanese retailer.

• @kiliian said in My Hero academia break:

where's the announcement anyways?

right here

Episode 28 dub starts 7/29! New SimulDub episodes, Saturdays @ 5:30AM ET

@kiliian said in My Hero academia break:

they technically are released a whole day behind the first airing of MHAs2 in Japan

They went up at the same time as the simulcast which is Saturdays 5:30 AM ET. According to the official site the first airing is Saturday at 5:30 PM. Sat 5:30 JST to ET is Sat 4:30 AM ET 0_1500134599616_est.png It went up an hour later not a whole day later.

• @Doublethree100 I'd agree mostly with what you said. but like I mentioned before, I bet MHAs2 is already 100% in the can in Japan, so whatever FUNI's contracts say, is what they have to go by. plus like you said, FUNI couldn't make the eps fast enough to keep up with the Japanese broadcasts. reminds me of good ol Viz and Bleach. heck, they were over a YEAR, not just 1 season but a YEAR behind in their dub releases to DVD/Cartoon Network when I heard Bleach's anime run was finished in Japan. I mean i think I watched more than 50 or so eps or more, in 'fansubs' online to catch myself up to the series finale. i gotta agree with you too about how well FUNI produces, in a SOMEWHAT timely manner, their dubs. ;) Naruto original fans are still gnashing their teeth for their dubs now that Boruto is out. hah, I'm so SO glad i quit that entire franchise years ago. and One Piece and Fairy Tail too.

• @Doublethree100 thanks for that info and correcting my mistakes. i normally use 'another streaming site' for dubs/subs other than FUNI even for 'their titles' so i don't normally 'see an ep' exactly when it pops up on places like here or CRUNCHY. $$$ make sense to me ;)

• @kiliian said in My Hero academia break:

i normally use 'another streaming site' for dubs/subs other than FUNI even for 'their titles'

Then you have no right to complain.

did FUNI's FB page put a notice out that I missed?

Yes.

• @larrydg i know i feel the same way you do dub kinda gets treated like crap half the time wr have to wait months/years just for a show to fully dub if it even do am still waiting for a ton of shows that wont end up dubbing