Is Hunter x Hunter 2011 not doing well?

• First off, I know this is a Viz title, buuuuuuuut I'm not really on any other anime forums so I am asking here.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 is a series that is my tied for favorite series. It felt like it took FOREVER to get a license and I have bought both releases release day, and I noticed after the first two there was a massive gap. Now I see today there is finally a preorder for Volume 3, and suddenly we have fairly drastically jumped up in the number of episodes included in the volume, and as drastic reduction in price.

Now, is this just me being paranoid, or does this smell like doom to anyone else?

And how poorly would it have to be doing before Viz pulls the plug like they did to Monster?

Honestly, if they don't release the full show... That would almost be a worse tease then not licensing it at all. I assume they must have been thinking the show was going to be a hit since they released a steelbox special edition for the first volume which I have, but I did notice there was nothing special for volume two and that kinda alarmed me a little as well.

So does anyone know how this show is doing?

• Considering the fact that that Erica Mendez has teased they're currently dubbing Chimera Ant arc right now, I'd say it's a safe bet the full show's gonna get dubbed. As for how the sets are doing, who knows? Might've been a factor of customer feedback or sales numbers. Though I've heard that Viz actually has been pretty satisfied with how the ratings numbers for the show on Toonami have been too.

I'd say don't sweat the small stuff. Plus, in terms of completionism people are gonna wanna get the full show, and for most Hunter x Hunter fans, I really doubt the first 26 episodes were in anyone's favorites. Yorknew and Chimera Ant are much more popular and critcally applauded so the demand for those sets will be much higher.

I'd say, don't sweat the small stuff. The show's going to be dubbed, and while they may have changed the format of how many episodes these sets will include I believe that Viz is still on track to release the full show upon completion.

0_1500076379625_Gon & Killua Pie Gif.gif

• Alright well if they want to give me more episodes for less cash then that's cool with me. I feel like the betrayal with Monster not getting a full release just has me a bit more wary, but I assume those numbers had to be pretty darn bad for them to just stop.

Haha, funny you say that, cause the Hunter Exam is one of my favorite arcs, (I wasn't as much of a fan of Yorknew, and I found Chimera Ant to drag a little, although I still really liked them), and I really enjoyed Heaven's Arena and Greed Island, which seem to be arcs other people aren't as fond of.

Anyways, as long as I get a full release, I'll be happy. I have been pretty obsessed over getting this show since I started watching, so to not do so would be... Unfortunate.

• @emdier said in Is Hunter x Hunter 2011 not doing well?:

First off, I know this is a Viz title, buuuuuuuut I'm not really on any other anime forums so I am asking here.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 is a series that is my tied for favorite series. It felt like it took FOREVER to get a license and I have bought both releases release day, and I noticed after the first two there was a massive gap. Now I see today there is finally a preorder for Volume 3, and suddenly we have fairly drastically jumped up in the number of episodes included in the volume, and as drastic reduction in price.

Now, is this just me being paranoid, or does this smell like doom to anyone else?

And how poorly would it have to be doing before Viz pulls the plug like they did to Monster?

Honestly, if they don't release the full show... That would almost be a worse tease then not licensing it at all. I assume they must have been thinking the show was going to be a hit since they released a steelbox special edition for the first volume which I have, but I did notice there was nothing special for volume two and that kinda alarmed me a little as well.

@emdier In term of Toonami rating? It doing enough to hold it own on the line up. When 1st came on Toonami there was a buzz about the show but lately it die down alittle. But because other shows have since been more hype it been taking a back seat so speak. Dragonball Super, Attack On Titan, etc that it got lost alittle on Toonami. But it still doing good.

• @emdier said in Is Hunter x Hunter 2011 not doing well?:

First off, I know this is a Viz title, buuuuuuuut I'm not really on any other anime forums so I am asking here.

So as it turns out, Amazon's pricing for Hunter X Hunter Part 3 ended up being an error. It now has an MSRP of $50 for 24 episodes, which is more in line with Viz's other Blu-Ray releases.