Wish List for 2018 and beyond

• I have some wishes and things I like to see happen hopefully in 2018 and beyond.

1. More songs dubbed in singing scenes.

2. More Idol anime licensed and dubbed.

3. More special features including dubbed ovas and shorts released on DVD.

4. Closed Captioning available on all episodes describing all dialogue and sounds in order for the hearing impared to watch anime.

5. Director's cut of anime titles released with extra footage not shown in the broadcast version.

6. More anime movies.

7. If it is possible, maybe license and dub some games and visual novels from Japan.

8. Dialogue in anime dubs sticking closer to the translated, original scripts from japan with no plot changes, and no censorship.

If there is anymore I can think off, I'll edit this post.

• Didn't Sophie tell you to stop making threads like this?

• @Rukiia85 I think he's a brick wall,you tell him something but he doesn't listen.

• Sure way for him to get banned if he continues to ignore his warnings. Can't say I won't miss seeing his dub song threads that pop up.

• why would you wish for no censorship, when shows aren't released censored?

• @Getchman maybe he means we get the AT-X version of shows like My First Girlfriend is a Gal? My Girlfriend is the Student Council President is the only time I can think of Crunchyroll simulcasting the AT-X version of anything and I don't think anyone else ever has.

• @Doublethree100 said in Wish List for 2018 and beyond:

@Getchman maybe he means we get the AT-X version of shows like My First Girlfriend is a Gal? My Girlfriend is the Student Council President is the only time I can think of Crunchyroll simulcasting the AT-X version of anything and I don't think anyone else ever has.

Yeah, that's never gonna happen. AT-X is like the Japanese equivalent of HBO or Showtime over here, only even more expensive. The Japanese pay a lot to subscribe to it, so they're going to have exclusive streaming rights to any uncensored footage until the home video release comes out. A measly $6 a month for a Funimation account isn't going to do much to convince them to hand over the uncensored masters any earlier than that.

• This thread isn't completely about dubbed songs. It is a wish list of many different thing that I like to see in the future. Please do not ban me or close this thread. I already had a long conversation with the community manager, and one of the things he suggested is making some sort of wish list.

I also mentioned other things such as releasing director's cut version of episodes with extra scenes not in the original broadcast. I also mentioned that all episodes should have closed captioning working correctly as well.

• Funimation, and other licensors, only have control over 2 of your items, the closed captions and the dub scripts. The other items are up to the Japanese. If the Japanese don't want songs dubbed, then it's not going to happen. Licensing OVA's and other extra stuff isn't super easy and can depend on who even owns the rights to those (it can be different than the actual series). Director's cuts don't always exist. Sometimes the animation may get a bit of clean up for the blurays, but actual extra footage is rare. Making more movies is just up to whoever wants to make them. Movies are rarely available for streaming anyway. Games and VN's could be licensed, and some are, but it's a niche market of a niche market, there would have to be a lot more demand for a company to want to be serious about doing them a lot.

• @SpacemanHardy I know I was just trying to guess what he meant.

• Rather than try to explain what can't be done, "This is a wish list after all", I'd like to add the ability to turn off subtitles for streaming or home video releases to the list.

To everyone else looking at the thread, rather than get upset about ideas being posted up, take the thread at face value. We all have some sort of slightly unusual want from the industry which will likely never come to pass. However, that's the fun part of wishing. What change would you like to see in the industry which would increase your enjoyment of your hobby?

• @pleco_breeder said in Wish List for 2018 and beyond:

Rather than try to explain what can't be done, "This is a wish list after all", I'd like to add the ability to turn off subtitles for streaming or home video releases to the list.
    To everyone else looking at the thread, rather than get upset about ideas being posted up, take the thread at face value. We all have some sort of slightly unusual want from the industry which will likely never come to pass. However, that's the fun part of wishing. What change would you like to see in the industry which would increase your enjoyment of your hobby?

You certainly are right after all. If there is anything they wish Funimation would do, they are certainly more welcome to add to this list.

• movies for streaming. I'd be fine with a paywall behind them. Its annoying looking through PSN, Vudu, Amazon, Steam yada yada yada. I woul dlike a one stop shop for anime movies....

• The sub of Hyouka on Crunchyroll (or at least 2 episodes here) I hear it's very love it or hate it and I don't want to buy 11.5 episodes of a show I might hate.

1. Cardcaptors comes to Funimation ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐

• @JayHairston said in Wish List for 2018 and beyond:

@JayHairston Uh? That was Dub by 4Kids... #JustSaiyan

• @gohan6425 Correct.

• @gohan6425 I think he's wishing for a rescue

• @JayHairston said in Wish List for 2018 and beyond:

So wait, are you talking about the heavily-edited, practically butchered Nelvana version? Because you can already get the unedited release from NIS America with the Animax Asia dub. The dub's not very good, but at least it's accurate.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Wish List for 2018 and beyond:

@JayHairston said in Wish List for 2018 and beyond:

So wait, are you talking about the heavily-edited, practically butchered Nelvana version? Because you can already get the unedited release from NIS America with the Animax Asia dub. The dub's not very good, but at least it's accurate.

@SpacemanHardy Though there was only 1 English Dub and that was 4Kids version?

• @gohan6425 said in Wish List for 2018 and beyond:

@SpacemanHardy said in Wish List for 2018 and beyond:

@JayHairston said in Wish List for 2018 and beyond:

@SpacemanHardy Though there was only 1 English Dub and that was 4Kids version?

There were actually 2 dubs, the newer and more accurate dub is the one that is currently available on Crunchyroll :)