Lupin the Third is a Funimation Title????

• Ok I very confused at this point? Is Lupin the Third is a Funimation Title???? Or do that just have the stream rights? I been seeing Funimation promo it on Twitter. But I don't believe this is a Funimation Show unless I miss something? I don't remember them showing the Funimation Logo on Toonami either. I also think mostly sure the voice actor are not Funimation voice actor. Can someone clear this up for me?

• @gohan6425 said in Lupin the Third is a Funimation Title????:

Ok I very confused at this point? Is Lupin the Third is a Funimation Title???? Or do that just have the stream rights? I been seeing Funimation promo it on Twitter. But I don't believe this is a Funimation Show unless I miss something? I don't remove then showing the Funimation on Toonami either. I also think mostly sure the voice actor are not Funimation voice actor. Can someone clear this up for me?

I honestly don't quite understand the situation with that one because the rights to this particular title seem......all over the place.

To clarify, Discotek Media has already announced that they will release it on DVD/BD.

The subtitles are already on Crunchyroll.

The dub was done in Bang Zoom / California.

The dub is airing on Toonami, and now is ALSO streaming on Funimation.

And from what I gather even further, sounds like the animation studio and/or production company were involved somewhere in the rights to this title too.

So to clarify......sounds like in regards to this Lupin series Funimation might only have streaming rights for the dub.

Though Funimation does in fact have other Lupin The Third titles that they dubbed and released, most notably Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, which has a completely different cast at Funimation than what's currently being used on Lupin The Third Part IV (AKA The Blue Jacket Series, The Italian Series, or just Part IV).

(Fun Fact: DeMarco confirmed that The Woman Called Fujiko Mine was ACTUALLY planned to air on Toonami, but they actually couldn't do it without destroying the quality of the show due to the fact that they'd have to censor a fairly large amount of tits that would've impacted the show's quality so they were unable to)

• @classyspartan said in Lupin the Third is a Funimation Title????:

@gohan6425 said in Lupin the Third is a Funimation Title????:

Ok I very confused at this point? Is Lupin the Third is a Funimation Title???? Or do that just have the stream rights? I been seeing Funimation promo it on Twitter. But I don't believe this is a Funimation Show unless I miss something? I don't remove then showing the Funimation on Toonami either. I also think mostly sure the voice actor are not Funimation voice actor. Can someone clear this up for me?

I honestly don't quite understand the situation with that one because the rights to this particular title seem......all over the place.

To clarify, Discotek Media has already announced that they will release it on DVD/BD.

And from what I gather even further, sounds like the animation studio and/or production company were involved somewhere in the rights to this title too.

So to clarify......sounds like in regards to this Lupin series Funimation might only have streaming rights for the dub.

Though Funimation does in fact have other Lupin The Third titles that they dubbed and released, most notably Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, which has a completely different cast at Funimation than what's currently being used on Lupin The Third Part IV (AKA The Blue Jacket Series, The Italian Series, or just Part IV).

(Fun Fact: DeMarco confirmed that The Woman Called Fujiko Mine was ACTUALLY planned to air on Toonami, but they actually couldn't do it without destroying the quality of the show due to the fact that they'd have to censor a fairly large amount of tits that would've impacted the show's quality so they were unable to)

@classyspartan Wait Funimation dub a pequeal with a different voice cast why would that let 2 different companys get the dubs right to the show when that corrcent with one another don't that?

@classyspartan said in Lupin the Third is a Funimation Title????:

@classyspartan Wait Funimation dub a pequeal with a different voice cast why would that let 2 different companys get the dubs right to the show when that corrcent with one another don't that?

It's not just Funimation, there's like..........a lot of different voice casts for Lupin The Third as a series. It's......very confusing.

Like Funimation did a couple of dubs for Lupin Specials, and the Fujiko Mine series.

The cast for the Current TV anime did the dubs for Lupin the Third Part II and a Movie/Special called The Mystery of Mamo.

And even MORE confusing is that there was a recent Lupin movie that was dubbed IN California, but also with a completely different cast of characters in California.

And that's not even counting all the different dubs for any other movie and anime special dub casts I'm not even thinking about, one of those movies was ACTUALLY DIRECTED/ANIMATED BY HAYAO MIYAZAKI AND STUDIO GHIBLI BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

The dubbing process for the Lupin franchise spans literal DECADES and trying to even do this research is a bit much even for my curious brain.

It's not just Funimation, there's like..........a lot of different voice casts for Lupin The Third as a series. It's......very confusing.

Like Funimation did a couple of dubs for Lupin Specials, and the Fujiko Mine series.

The cast for the Current TV anime did the dubs for Lupin the Third Part II and a Movie/Special called The Mystery of Mamo.

And even MORE confusing is that there was a recent Lupin movie that was dubbed IN California, but also with a completely different cast of characters in California.

And that's not even counting all the different dubs for any other movie and anime special dub casts I'm not even thinking about, one of those movies was ACTUALLY DIRECTED/ANIMATED BY HAYAO MIYAZAKI AND STUDIO GHIBLI BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

The dubbing process for the Lupin franchise spans literal DECADES and trying to even do this research is a bit much even for my curious brain.

@classyspartan Why are that just not letting one dub company have it so the characters same for English voice actor!? Too in consistent for guess I done this anime... I werid anyway and does not make sense either...

@classyspartan Why are that just not letting one dub company have it so the characters same for English voice actor!? Too in consistent for guess I done this anime... I werid anyway and does not make sense either...

alt text

alt text

@classyspartan hey you're the one that told me. Your information just made me even more confused than I was going into making this thread. Why continue watching an anime that's going to have different voice actors for spinoff series for the same characters especially since they're obviously not going to mimic one another to sound the same all the characters are going to sound freaking inconsistent and it's just going to make it very condescending to be invested in a show like that especially since the show is more of a comedy act for the most part. I rather not get involved in and amazed that are going to do stupid shit like that. If you're not going to even try to make an effort to actually have consistency in their English dub why should I be invested in an anime like this. The answer is simple there's no reason if they're not going to try to make an effort to keep consistency then I don't see the reason to sticking around to keep watching this train rack. Especially since it's already weird with the first episode having Lupin married in the first episode with no real explanation to why he's married to her to begin with yeah they explain later on in the episode that he was using her but it still didn't make sense to why they were together right from the start there was no development whatsoever it just didn't make sense and a lot of these episodes that I've been air Toonami. I'm not dumbing down my standards the why I watch pretty much no cartoons anymore is because I'm sick of stupid channels like Cartoon Network or Nick dumbing down the audience to the point where they make us all look stupid and watching their dumb reboots and then all the other stupid shows that don't make sense. The only cartoon that may have a chance is that new KO because Stephanie kid Goku's voicing it though it seems she's not doing the same boys she was doing in the pilot episode which stinks I liked her using the old Goku voice. But getting to Lupin it just seems one of those dumb things to trick the audience into making you half to actually think it over 5 times for you can figure it out which I don't have the patience to do that. I've seen stupid shows like Bobo Bobo Bobo and space dandy where they dumbed down the audience to stupid standards and it seems like that's where the shows going though I will give it credit it's much better than the two shows I just named but it doesn't seem like it has a legitimate plot either.

Why continue watching an anime

Because you enjoy it.
    Apparently you're not (even trying), so "Bye, Felicia!" ;-P

• @Nobu said in Lupin the Third is a Funimation Title????:

Why continue watching an anime

Because you enjoy it.
    Apparently you're not (even trying), so "Bye, Felicia!" ;-P

@Nobu now how would you figure that you know I'm "enjoying" it lol! Apparently you read minds or something?