2017 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 1: Group 44

• Kamina - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Hitomi - Code:Breaker
    Jonathan Joestar - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
    Ruth - The Ancient Magus' Bride

Please choose which two of the four characters listed that you wish to see continue on in this tournament. Voting will stay open until 10 PM CST the following day.

Please post your vote, as well as the current score, after taking your vote into account. Be sure to clearly note who you are voting for by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote ONCE, and once you post you cannot change your vote. And DON'T try to cheat; I'll be watching.

• Kamina -0
    Hitomi - 0
    Jonathan Joestar - 0
    Ruth - 1

• Kamina -0
    Hitomi - 0
    Jonathan Joestar - 0
    Ruth - 2

alt text
    Ruth is going to have a tough battle here, as the anime has not aired the scenes that I nominated him for. Not to mention he is up against some extremely tough opponents, but I will still fight for my nomination.
    So be warned, here there be SPOILERS for Ancient Magus Bride
    alt text
    First off, Ruth is no ordinary dog. Not that anyone in this series is, by any means, ordinary. Ruth is a grim, a large black dog spirit that guards cemeteries. In the manga, Ruth is a regular dog in his first life and he befriends a little girl named Isabel. He shares an extremely close bond with her, but do to an unfortunate accident she dies young. Ruth does not understand that she is gone, and remains loyally by her grave side until he, too, dies and comes back as a Grim.
    Ruth shares an extremely close bond with Chise, and because of this he opts to become her familiar, sharing the same lifespan as she despite knowing that she is doomed to a short life. He would truly rather protect someone he considers his savior for the rest of her life, which is doomed to be short, then live a longer one without meaning. Ruth is completely willing to accept this for the chance to protect and serve a new master.
    alt text
    Ruth is completely committed to his role as protector and familiar, and routinely throws himself in to danger to protect Chise and the others.

• Kamina - 1
    Hitomi - 0
    Jonathan Joestar - 1
    Ruth - 2

• Kamina - 1
    Hitomi - 0
    Jonathan Joestar - 2
    Ruth - 2

• Kamina - 2
    Hitomi - 0
    Jonathan Joestar - 3
    Ruth - 2