False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f82yL_Nanyo

Really? SO my voice of me talking for 30 Minutes is Copyright!?

Screw "Nihon Ad Systems" who claim my video and YouTube for letting this shit go though!

• Just watched the complaint video, but saw nothing of the "copyrighted" video to be able to make a statement on. However, I have to agree with one of the commenters in that this was most likely an auto detector. These things came about as a result of piracy, and literally hit on anything which makes mention in title, keywords, or anything else which can cause it to come up with a relevant search (the stuff you want to add to actually get interested people to see what you're putting up).

I'm not real familiar with the youtube user agreement, so I have to ask if there's a process for challenging the claim?

• @pleco_breeder said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:

Just watched the complaint video, but saw nothing of the "copyrighted" video to be able to make a statement on. However, I have to agree with one of the commenters in that this was most likely an auto detector. These things came about as a result of piracy, and literally hit on anything which makes mention in title, keywords, or anything else which can cause it to come up with a relevant search (the stuff you want to add to actually get interested people to see what you're putting up).

I'm not real familiar with the youtube user agreement, so I have to ask if there's a process for challenging the claim?

@pleco_breeder The issue is there only 2 ways on YouTube getting a strike taken off 1 Submit counter-notification https://www.youtube.com/file_copyright_counter?v=SeRgyNKFW-c which mean you are at rise of getting sue by the people or company who file the claim even though this is my video if that sue me well you know how much lawyer cost let just put it like that. Or Request retraction https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807691?hl=en and that only is to contact the people or company on there e-mail or contact page and tell then what happen and hope that lision to you and remove the strike. Also the removal was "manually detected"...

• @gohan6425 I work with the guy that manages the YouTube claims, and he's a cool guy. He lifts the strikes if the video is truly not violating copyright and lets the strike remain if the video is violating copyright. Submit one of the forms.

• @Sophie said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:

@gohan6425 I work with the guy that manages the YouTube claims, and he's a cool guy. He lifts the strikes if the video is truly not violating copyright and lets the strike remain if the video is violating copyright. Submit one of the forms.

@Sophie Where would I submit a form to this guy you know? If I can I can email you the Raw video file that was claim for copyright.

• Isn't it fair use to comment or criticize the Yu-Gi-OH video? It seems like youtube, or the content Id system doesn't seem to recognize fair use.

I also heard that in Japan, there is no such thing as fair use in Japanese copyright laws.

You wonder why in anime you don't see logos or brand names of real companies, just parodies of them. And also why you don't seem to see parodies anymore of any anime.

• @Spaceshotx7 said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:

Isn't it fair use to comment or criticize the Yu-Gi-OH video? It seems like youtube, or the content Id system doesn't seem to recognize fair use.

I also heard that in Japan, there is no such thing as fair use in Japanese copyright laws.

You wonder why in anime you don't see logos or brand names of real companies, just parodies of them. And also why you don't seem to see parodies anymore of any anime.

@Spaceshotx7 The thing is I DID NOT used ANY VIDEO contents from Yu-Gi-Oh! AS IN ANY! It was just me talking for the whole 28 Minutes of the movie in a video... And I was just talking about my thoughts about the new Yu-Gi-Oh Movie that I just finally got to watch. There nothing copyright about that. Hell it not even so far are fair used but me just talking which is my own voice.

• @gohan6425 said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:

@Sophie said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:

@gohan6425 I work with the guy that manages the YouTube claims, and he's a cool guy. He lifts the strikes if the video is truly not violating copyright and lets the strike remain if the video is violating copyright. Submit one of the forms.

@Sophie Where would I submit a form to this guy you know? If I can I can email you the Raw video file that was claim for copyright.

You submit it through YouTube. He would then look at the video and your report. File the claim per YouTube's instructions.

Actually, though, after reading your original post more carefully, the video wasn't even claimed by Funimation, so it won't be seen by the guy I work with. It will be reviewed by Nihon Ad Systems. I would still submit the form. You never know.

• @Sophie said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:

@gohan6425 said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:

@Sophie said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:

You submit it through YouTube. He will then look at the video and your report. File the claim per YouTube's instructions.

Was it claimed by Funimation?

@Sophie I sent you an e-mail of the raw video file that was claim for copyright. And no it was "Nihon Ad Systems" Production company in Japan that I go though thing for the Yu-Gi-Oh Movies in what happen. I was just talking about the movie with own voices of Yu-Gi-Oh the new Movie for like 28 minutes and that claim copyright on it. And where do you do that that?
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807691?hl=en A and https://www.youtube.com/file_copyright_counter?v=SeRgyNKFW-c are the only 2 things I get...

• There's nothing I can do. It was claimed by another company. Good luck, though.

YouTube says to do this:

If the claimant has a YouTube account, the easiest way to contact them is through YouTube's private messaging feature.

There's nothing I can do. It was claimed by another company. Good luck, though.

@Sophie Damn it.

• @gohan6425 Sorry. :( I hope you can get it straightened out.

@gohan6425 Sorry. :( I hope you can get it straightened out.

@Sophie I did a retraction already on there E-mail fat change that read it since there from Japan. I did put in google translate to put in Japan Sign though so maybe that make it out. Don't know how I be able else to get to talk to then or someone from Japan that work there.

• @gohan6425 said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:
    I did a retraction already on there E-mail fat change that read it since there from Japan. I did put in google translate to put in Japan Sign though so maybe that make it out. Don't know how I be able else to get to talk to then or someone from Japan that work there.

Option #2: You could have asked someone to translate your email ;)

• @pleco_breeder said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:

@gohan6425 said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:
    I did a retraction already on there E-mail fat change that read it since there from Japan. I did put in google translate to put in Japan Sign though so maybe that make it out. Don't know how I be able else to get to talk to then or someone from Japan that work there.

Option #2: You could have asked someone to translate your email ;)

As I said I used Google translator so I had my original English format and then I also had the same format only in Japanese from the Google translator but I copied and paste into my email. Also I doubt anyone on the site now is Japanese.

Also I doubt anyone on the site now is Japanese.

I don't know if there are any Japanese on the site, but I was implying that I could have made a much better translation than you would have gotten from Google. Google has a lot of problems with contextual language, and I've seen what it does when translating. I on the other hand have five years of self-study of the language, over 50 college credit hours of just Japanese language classes, and lived in Shinjuku for almost a year till just a few days ago. Don't be afraid to ask for help. It is just as much of a hobby of mine as anime.

Also I doubt anyone on the site now is Japanese.

I don't know if there are any Japanese on the site, but I was implying that I could have made a much better translation than you would have gotten from Google. Google has a lot of problems with contextual language, and I've seen what it does when translating. I on the other hand have five years of self-study of the language, over 50 college credit hours of just Japanese language classes, and lived in Shinjuku for almost a year till just a few days ago. Don't be afraid to ask for help. It is just as much of a hobby of mine as anime.

@pleco_breeder Well this is what I sent them:

Hi, I am contact on a recent video of my you taken down though YouTube on being manually detected. However this video was me talking the whole 28 Minutes with my own voice and in no way infringed against your copyright. I talk about my thoughts on the movie Yu-Gi-Oh! Darkside of Dimensions that in no way was anything video clips show from the movie Yu-Gi-Oh! Darkside of Dimensions shown in my video it was just me talking about the movie and how I enjoy it. Therefore I am asking for you to please retract you strike against me on YouTube.

I using google translator to talk to you because I speak only English hope it translate in Japanese.

The complete and specific URL of the video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeRgyNKFW-c&lc=z12pxzrr3ti5gbu0h23yulzrsqvtzhfba04

An electronic signature (Frank ********)

こんにちは、私は手動で検出されたYouTubeを取ったあなたの最近のビデオに接触しています。しかし、このビデオは28分全体を自分の声で話し、あなたの著作権を侵害するものではありませんでした。私は映画Yu-Gi-Ohに関する私の考えについて話す!ムービー「Yu-Gi-Oh!」のビデオクリップは何も表示されませんでした!私のビデオに示されている次元のダークサイドは、私が映画について話していて、それをどのように楽しんでいるのかということでした。そのため、私はあなたが私のYouTubeに対するストライキを撤回してくれるようお願いしています。

私はあなたに話すために私は英語が英語だけを話すので、私は日本語で翻訳するために私はGoogle翻訳を使用しています。

問題の動画の完全な具体的なURL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeRgyNKFW-c&lc=z12pxzrr3ti5gbu0h23yulzrsqvtzhfba04

電子署名(Frank ********)

Kon'nichiwa, watashi wa shudō de kenshutsu sa reta yūchūbu o totta anata no saikin no bideo ni sesshoku shite imasu. Shikashi, kono bideo wa 28-bu zentai o jibun no koe de hanashi, anata no chosakken o shingai suru monode wa arimasendeshita. Watashi wa eiga Yu - Gi - Oh ni kansuru watashi no kangae ni tsuite hanasu! Mūbī `Yu - Gi - Oh!' No bideo kurippu wa nani mo hyōji sa remasendeshita! Watashi no bideo ni shimesa rete iru jigen no dākusaido wa, watashi ga eiga ni tsuite hanashite ite, sore o dono yō ni tanoshinde iru no ka to iu kotodeshita. Sonotame, watashi wa anata ga watashi no yūchūbu ni taisuru sutoraiki o tekkai shite kureru yō onegai shite imasu. Watashi wa anata ni hanasu tame ni watashi wa eigo ga eigo dake o hanasunode, watashi wa nihongo de hon'yaku suru tame ni watashi wa gūguru hon'yaku o shiyō shite imasu. Mondai no dōga no kanzen'na gutaitekina URL: Https: / / Www. Youtube. Komu/ watch? V = SeRgyNKFW - c& lc = z 12 pxzrr 3 ti 5 gbu 0 h 23 yulzrsqvtzhfba 04 denshi shomei (Frank ********)

• The translation got quite a bit more "wordy" than necessary, some of the grammar was inverted, and punctuation was downright scary. However, I think they should be able to understand it. Making note that it was being done with Google translate in the message because of not speaking Japanese was definitely a good idea because of the innate issues. Regardless, if they take a moment to actually read the message and think about it, they will definitely understand what's being said.

• I think it would've been better to keep it in English, unless you gave them both English and JP versions.

Google translate is terrible converting JP (or CH) to Eng.

• @darthrutsula40 said in False copyright claim on My Thoughts Video Yu-Gi-Oh on the movie youtube video!:

I think it would've been better to keep it in English, unless you gave them both English and JP versions.

Google translate is terrible converting JP (or CH) to Eng.

@darthrutsula40 I did both there the people who Animator the Yu-Gi-Oh Anime and Movies there a good change that only speak Japanese... Though I wish I have giving my YouTube Username though I did used my gmail e-mail which is connect to my YouTube Channel though.

• There is a fairly sizeable portion of Japanese that "can" speak English, but they tend to have just as much trouble with our language as we have with theirs. I'll spare all the details, but I absolutely hated Harajuku because of English. Between the pieces provided, I'm sure there will be someone in their office that can figure out what is being said if they take the time to review it.