New forum question

• I'm still not used to this new forum, but had something happen which has me confused. While reading, I noticed that the funimation emblem on my tab is now showing a "1" in a red circle. This may be nothing, but honestly don't understand what this change is trying to tell me. I'd appreciate if anyone can clue me in on what happened as not knowing is rather annoying.

• That is for a notification. There isn't a direct link to it for some reason (I can get it on my phone though, just can't seem to find it on the computer). Anyway, here is the link https://www.funimation.com/forum/notifications. If you click all of them, it will clear the number up top.

• If you're using a computer you can also resize the browser window to a smaller width comparable to a smartphone's to make a new button appear at the top-right of the page that allows you to see the notifications. (I know someone posted about this a few months ago but I don't remember who it was, I'm not taking credit for the trick)

• So that's where notifications are. Thanks!

• Thanks to everyone that responded. I still can't get the re-sizing hack to work, but have the link in my history now, so it's all good.

Before I leave the thread, would anybody care to share how to place images inline? I tried to use source link, but only gave a link which opens the image in another tab.

• @pleco_breeder said in New forum question:

would anybody care to share how to place images inline?

just click the cloud at the end of the little bar thing0_1499817691464_up.png

and it should be added

• Posting images is pretty simply. In the reply form, there is a row of helpful codes. The on that is a little picture is the one you use to post a photo. You then need the link to the actual picture. You can usually right click on a photo and click "copy image location". Then paste that into the code when you click the little picture icon. If done right, your photo will show up on the right side of the screen where you can see the preview of your post.

To see the noticiation bar, you can zoom in on your screen. Press Ctrl and the + button at the same time. Ctrl and - makes is smaller.