Funimation Community Manager: Jay Hairston "Howdy!"

• 0_1499709242563_jay profile.jpg

Hi everyone!

I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself, I’m Justin, however I lost my naming rights in a heated office battle with Senior Manager of Social Strategy and Development at Funimation Justin Rojas, so you can call me “Jay.” I’ve recently joined the Funimation social team as Community Manager, which means I’m here to talk to, but more importantly, listen to community fans and supporters. I’ll be active on the Funimation forums and various social media platforms.

A bit of background on myself: I hail from the forgotten land of Cheyenne, Wyoming. Growing up during the Toonami era, I was immediately drawn to anime, video games and comics leading to my education in 2D animation and graphic design at the Art Institute of Las Vegas. Through volunteer work, I also discovered a love for helping people with special needs as well. I relocated to Plano, Texas in 2011 to serve as the Program Manager at My Possibilities, a non-profit providing continued education for adults with cognitive disabilities in North Texas. There, four hundred students a week received life skills training, learning to be more independent and to lead more fulfilling lives.

Some of my most fond memories of anime were dual-screening Akira and Final Fantasy in the basement deep into the night. I enjoy underdog stories where characters are born different, yet still manage to accomplish amazing feats on sheer hard work and dedication. These days, My Hero Academia and Overwatch have me glued to the television or the occasional plunge back into the depths of online gaming in World of Warcraft. I’ve been playing since vanilla and previously served as Guild Master of an active raiding clan during the Burning Crusade expansion with members across the US, Europe and Australia.

I look forward to hearing from you and gathering your must-watch recommendations! Don’t hesitate to leave a comment or question as it will be my mission to enrich your current experience and provide fantastic new ways to enjoy anime in the future!

-Jay

Currently watching: Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Dragon Ball Super
    Some of my favorite shows: Afro Samurai, One-Punch Man, Sword Art Online

Facebook: /JustinBHairston
    Twitter: /JayHairston
    Reddit: /JayHairston
    Instagram: /JustinHairston
    Snapchat: /JayHairston
    Tumblr: /JayHairston
    PSN: HairstonGaming

• Pleasure to meet you Jay. Welcome to the forums!

0_1499709467216_Dragon Maid dance 2.gif

• Welcome to the forums, Jay. I'm SpacemanHardy, one of the current forum moderators. I look forward to working alongside you.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

alt text

• @JayHairston Hey! Glad to meet you! I grew up with Toonami when I was a child (about 3 to 4 years when I watched Dragon Ball Z) even though I didn't know what anime was until I got older and Gurren Lagann was my gateway anime series to get into more anime.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Funimation Community Manager: Jay Hairston "Howdy!":

Welcome to the forums, Jay. I'm SpacemanHardy, one of the current forum moderators. I look forward to working alongside you.

More like the only mod that does anything.

I however am not glad to meet you Jay. You are not welcome here.

(I seek to set myself apart from others)

• @classyspartan Thank ya kindly!

• @SpacemanHardy Thanks SpacemanHardy! Already heard great things about you from @generalg23
    0_1499713433846_200w_d.gif

• @JayHairston my favorite anime series are in order:

1. Gurren Lagann
    2. Cowboy Bebop
    3. Neon Genesis Evangelion (FUNimation needs to license the TV series & The End Of Evangelion)
    4. Eureka Seven
    5. Trigun

I do have a YouTube Channel. It's not in the best quality but hey, work with what you have!

• @Zethus Solid list. Gonna have to check out Gurren Lagann if it's your number one!

• Hello Jay.
    I'm Megan. Nice to meet you.
    0_1499714792542_tumblr_ossdrm9oXE1u6u7neo1_250.gif
    I'm one of Hardy's buddies who comes in and out sometimes. You'll see me at cons more often than not.
    Please Enjoy the fourms friend!
    0_1499714845718_tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif

• @JayHairston It's an Aniplex title so if you're planning to buy it, save up a lot of money to get it. Actually, they're releasing a 10th Anniversary Box Set which is $190.

• Hi @JayHairston! Welcome to the forum. I sit over in Tech. Come over if you need anything on the forum/site/devices.

• @JayHairston said in Funimation Community Manager: Jay Hairston "Howdy!":

0_1499709242563_jay profile.jpg

Hi everyone!

I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself, I’m Justin, however I lost my naming rights in a heated office battle with Senior Manager of Social Strategy and Development at Funimation Justin Rojas, so you can call me “Jay.” I’ve recently joined the Funimation social team as Community Manager, which means I’m here to talk to, but more importantly, listen to community fans and supporters. I’ll be active on the Funimation forums and various social media platforms.

A bit of background on myself: I hail from the forgotten land of Cheyenne, Wyoming. Growing up during the Toonami era, I was immediately drawn to anime, video games and comics leading to my education in 2D animation and graphic design at the Art Institute of Las Vegas. Through volunteer work, I also discovered a love for helping people with special needs as well. I relocated to Plano, Texas in 2011 to serve as the Program Manager at My Possibilities, a non-profit providing continued education for adults with cognitive disabilities in North Texas. There, four hundred students a week received life skills training, learning to be more independent and to lead more fulfilling lives.

Some of my most fond memories of anime were dual-screening Akira and Final Fantasy in the basement deep into the night. I enjoy underdog stories where characters are born different, yet still manage to accomplish amazing feats on sheer hard work and dedication. These days, My Hero Academia and Overwatch have me glued to the television or the occasional plunge back into the depths of online gaming in World of Warcraft. I’ve been playing since vanilla and previously served as Guild Master of an active raiding clan during the Burning Crusade expansion with members across the US, Europe and Australia.

I look forward to hearing from you and gathering your must-watch recommendations! Don’t hesitate to leave a comment or question as it will be my mission to enrich your current experience and provide fantastic new ways to enjoy anime in the future!

-Jay

@JayHairston Hi Jay welcome to the Forums Site. I am a BIG time Dragonball Z Fan it my favorite show ever. Since you grew up with Toonami like I did I take you like the English DBZ Music like i do? Bruce Music to me is the best. My 1st anime was Pokemon. Also into Yu-Gi-Oh. I hope there are alot of question you can answer for us. I also into Code Geass, Naruto, and Bleach. And many more. Also what the big deal that had against your real Justin name of changes?

• @Queenira Nice to meet you Megan! (๑^ں^๑) Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Queenira Nice to meet you Megan! (๑^ں^๑) Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@JayHairston Did you get read my post?

• @gohan6425 What's up my new friend? Definitely an old time DBZ fan, I still vividly remember the rock opening on Cartoon Network. Pokemon was also HUGE for me. These two shows were my gateway drug to anime like Cowboy Bebop, CardCaptors and Yu Yu Hakusho.

I'll definitely be doing my best to answer questions and address concerns to the best of my ability!

I asked to play Justin Rojas for naming rights in a Super Smash Brothers Royal.... he respectfully declined. :)

• Sounds familiar...

Hi! and welcome.

• @gohan6425 said in Funimation Community Manager: Jay Hairston "Howdy!":

@JayHairston said in Funimation Community Manager: Jay Hairston "Howdy!":

0_1499709242563_jay profile.jpg

Hi everyone!

-Jay

@JayHairston Hi Jay welcome to the Forums Site. I am a BIG time Dragonball Z Fan it my favorite show ever. Since you grew up with Toonami like I did I take you like the English DBZ Music like i do? Bruce Music to me is the best. My 1st anime was Pokemon. Also into Yu-Gi-Oh. I hope there are alot of question you can answer for us. I also into Code Geass, Naruto, and Bleach. And many more. Also what the big deal that had against your real Justin name of changes?

Because there'd be two Justins? That'd be my guess. Where I work we have two Judy's so we use the initials of one of them, either calling her J.P. or Judy P.

As for me I am like REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY into Star Wars, to the point where I'd say I am a Star Wars fan before anything else. My favorites for anime goes Railgun DxD Rokka Fate/Zero Wolf Children and Erased. Though if we're to include western animation I'd put Rebels, Young Justice, Clone Wars, and Teen Titans up there too.

Favorite video games: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, All the Hyperdimension Neptunias, and Monster Hunter.

Favorite movies go (in order): Rogue One, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, Phantom Menace, Wonder Woman, Batman V. Superman, Wolf Children, Your Name, The Force Awakens, A New Hope, and lastly Attack of the Clones.

I guess I like DC as much as I like anime.

@gohan6425 What's up my new friend? Definitely an old time DBZ fan, I still vividly remember the rock opening on Cartoon Network. Pokemon was also HUGE for me. These two shows were my gateway drug to anime like Cowboy Bebop, CardCaptors and Yu Yu Hakusho.

I'll definitely be doing my best to answer questions and address concerns to the best of my ability!

I asked to play Justin Rojas for naming rights in a Super Smash Brothers Royal.... he respectfully declined. :)

@JayHairston Yeah Rock The Dragon was the EPIC.

• @darthrutsula40 What did you think of SW: The Old Republic? Pre-ordered and sank some major hours into it. Loved how every quest felt like a big deal with dialogue cut scenes and choices, sadly I cheated on it with World of Warcraft, it's like a bad ex-girlfriend that I can't shake. (▰˘︹˘▰)

Going to see Spiderman tonight!

• @JayHairston Have you heard of Snupps? it's a free app that lets you share movies, games, music, comics, basically anything in your collection. I have an account there.