Another video player suggestion

• 0_1499590786419_Suggestion for video player.JPG

• What i am also noticing is that, say i only watch half of an episode, when i enter the show from my "history" section, it does not recognize that half the episode has been watched from the last time, and, starts the show from the beginning!

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• @P.J. said in Another video player suggestion:

0_1499590786419_Suggestion for video player.JPG

Coming soon. This feature was dropped prior to launch in favor of launching sooner. It would also require preview thumbnails to be generated and hosted in the CMS in order to reduce load time. They can be drawn on-the-fly, but it won't be a nice experience.

@P.J. said in Another video player suggestion:

What i am also noticing is that, say i only watch half of an episode, when i enter the show from my "history" section, it does not recognize that half the episode has been watched from the last time, and, starts the show from the beginning!

Sounds like a bug. The player is supposed to be logging watch history. Could you please provide exact steps to reproduce?

• Hi Sophie,

I mean, the Funimation site definitely records what i am watching in my history section, but, for example, when i was recently on Crunchy Roll and watched part of Aho-Girl, the next time i logged in, their system intuitively recognized that part of the episode had already been watched and started the video where i left off... However, here, i watched part of episode 9 of D-Fragments, yet, the next time i went in to watch (from my history section), the system did not recognize that the last time, i had watched probably half and started the video from the beginning.

Hopefully this provides more insight,

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• @Sophie sweet. i miss having that so much

• @P.J. I watch on PS4 but I found if I pause the show and then back out it will start up the next day where it paused VS. watching a show and backing out then the next day start the show thinking it will pick up from where I backed out but having it starting from the beginning.

• Hi man123,

To avoid any perceived shaming, i had to remove the first three [3] letters of your handle name.

Take care,
    P.J.

• Glad to know that this feature is coming, it's really useful.

@P-J @Sophie I rarely stop watching an episode in the middle but I know that sometimes the playback stops for whatever other reason (like my modem crashing) and I have to restart the video, it remembers the correct location but sometimes the "loading circle" seems to be going on forever and the video doesn't start, so I have to reload the page and then it restarts at the beginning.

I also remember having the same issue with other streaming websites such as CrunchyRoll and Youtube so maybe the problem is at another level.