Fall 2017 Anime U.S. & Canada Licenses/Streaming Rights

• The Summer season is almost gone and with only a few weeks left until the advent of the Fall 2017 anime season. This year's been a particularly exciting and eventful year in regards to anime licensing, for better or for worse. Not only did new players come in, some older ones changed their strategies. And many titles are getting announced earlier and earlier than ever. I had to make this list pretty early to even try to keep track of what's going on, from what's already announced to what could potentially be announced given the large quantity of new sequels this Fall.

So yeah, give me your thoughts, keep things posted and feel free to update or check back in regularly as the Fall season looms closer and closer, and more and more titles get announced.

Amazon / Anime Strike
    Inuyashiki

Aniplex of America
    BLEND-S
    March comes like a lion Season 2
    Our love Has Always Been 10-cm. Apart

Crunchyroll
    A Sister's All You Need
    Anime-Gataris
    Black Clover
    Blade Runner: Black Out 2022
    Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond
    Cardfight!! Vanguard G Z
    Code: Realize ~Guardians of Rebirth~
    Dies irae
    EVIL OR LIE
    Food Wars: The Third Plate
    GARO: Vanishing Line
    Gintama (2017)
    Juni Taisen: Zodiac War
    King's Game
    Kino's Journey - The Beautiful World
    KONOHANA KITAN
    Love is Like a Cocktail
    Love Live Sunshine!! Season 2
    Love Rice Season 2
    Monster Strike: THE FADING COSMOS
    Onyankopon
    Rainy Cocoa: Ame-con!!
    Recovery of an MMO Junkie
    SENGOKU NIGHT BLOOD
    Taisho Mebiusline Chicchaisan
    The Ancient Magus Bride
    Time Bokan: The Villains' Strike Back
    THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS Theater
    THE IDOLM@STER Side M
    TsukiPro The Animation
    URAHARA
    Wake Up, Girls! New Chapter

Funimation
    A Sister's All You Need (DUB)
    Anime-Gataris (DUB)
    Black Clover (DUB)
    Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond (DUB)
    Code: Realize ~Guardians of Rebirth~ (DUB)
    Dies irae (DUB)
    GARO: Vanishing Line (DUB)
    Juni Taisen: Zodiac War (DUB)
    King's Game (DUB)
    Kino's Journey - The Beautiful World - (DUB)
    KONOHANA KITAN (DUB)
    Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2 (DUB)
    Recovery of an MMO Junkie (DUB)
    The Ancient Magus Bride (DUB)
    URAHARA (DUB)

Netflix
    Children of the Whales

Pony Canyon USA
    Yuki Yuna is a Hero Season 2 ^

Sentai Filmworks
    ClassicaLoid Season 2
    Dynamic Chord
    Girls' Last Tour ^
    Himouto! Umaru-chan R ^
    Hozuki's Coolheadedness Season 2
    Just Because! ^
    Land of the Lustrous ^
    My Girlfriend is Shobitch ^
    UQ Holder! ^

Viz Media
    Infini-T Force
    Mr. Osomatsu Season 2

'*' = Not officially confirmed
    ^ = Amazon Streaming Exclusive

• By the way, @SpacemanHardy when you get back from vacation could you please unstick the Spring '17 Thread, and then Re-Stick this one? If this is gonna be quiet for a few months I would prefer not to dig through to find it come August or September.

• @classyspartan I'll do that right now, in fact!!!

• @SpacemanHardy said in Fall 2017 Anime U.S. Licenses/Streaming Rights:

@classyspartan I'll do that right now, in fact!!!

Thank you very much.

0_1499575319578_Mina Motivational.png

• I'm still hoping Jojo Part 5 comes out in the fall. Since from what's been announced so far not much seems interesting to me.

• Does anyone know what the Fall Animeism show(s) is/are? I find it curious we know what noitaminA's doing for usually the next 2 or 3 cours at a time but I can't find anything on Animeism's next show.

• http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/07/14/the-black-clover-anime-series-is-coming-to-crunchyroll-this-october?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community_cr_twitter_news

And THIS is why I made this thread early this time around.

Surprise early announcement in the form of Crunchyroll announcing the streaming rights to the newest Shonen Jump series to get an anime adaptation: Black Clover.

• @classyspartan The new Wake-Up Girls season is airing in Fall. Sentai had the movie and previous season.

• What about Mary and the Witch's Flower? Should Funimation be getting the rights to license in both Dub and Sub versions?

• @MichaelTanzer said in Fall 2017 Anime U.S. & Canda Licenses/Streaming Rights:

What about Mary and the Witch's Flower? Should Funimation be getting the rights to license in both Dub and Sub versions?

Not really counting movies in this thread, but currently the rights to Mary and the Witch's Flower are up in the air and unknown at this time. I would hope someone like Funimation gets the rights to that one though.

• @classyspartan I decided to put this announcement here and not in the corresponding gaming thread, but I'm pretty sure you are going to LOVE this one.

Persona 5 is getting an anime adaptation next year; no mention on which season it will air in, though.

• @classyspartan I also just noticed, you should have season 2 of Cinderella Girls Theater under Daisuki and Crunchyroll

• @MichaelTanzer said in Fall 2017 Anime U.S. & Canda Licenses/Streaming Rights:

What about Mary and the Witch's Flower? Should Funimation be getting the rights to license in both Dub and Sub versions?

Okay, here's the situation on the ground with Mary and the Witch's Flower as far as we know. Back during the Berlin Film Festival in February, worldwide distribution rights to the film were acquired by a UK distributor called Altitude Films, who turned around and sublicensed the film to Madman in Australia. We don't at present know who has the film in the US, but given their recent power play for the (nearly) entire Studio Ghibli catalog from Disney, the likeliest candidate is GKIDS. The scene for anime movies in North America is poised to be interesting this year, as GKIDS has already seemingly acquired the film Napping Princess. It also looks like neither Funimation nor GKIDS were able to get the rights to A Silent Voice, as an unknown distributor appears to be going through Eleven Arts to distribute the film theatrically. As of right now the only two anime films currently on the US film festival circuit that have no US distributor (announced or implied) are Lu Over the Wall and Night is Short, Walk on Girl; the two films from Masaaki Yuasa released earlier this year.

• @Doublethree100 said in Fall 2017 Anime U.S. & Canda Licenses/Streaming Rights:

@classyspartan I also just noticed, you should have season 2 of Cinderella Girls Theater under Daisuki and Crunchyroll

Rights to that series are confusing but I do believe that Daisuki(?) was the one with rights to Idolmaster stuff. It's also why I didn't instantly put down Idolmaster SideM yet. For those two I'll at least wait until we get actual confirmation.

• @classyspartan said in Fall 2017 Anime U.S. & Canda Licenses/Streaming Rights:

Alright, I'm making this placeholder thread for now to keep this information where it is. I don't expect this to be very active for a few months since we're not even wrapped with summer yet, but I did process the information and I would like to keep it on hand when I need this, and of course should anytime in the next month or so someone announces more Fall titles nice and early.

Amazon / Anime Strike
    Inuyashiki

Aniplex of America
    BLEND-S
    March comes like a lion Season 2 *

Crunchyroll
    Black Clover
    Gintama Season 6*
    Kino's Journey - The Beautiful World
    Lostorage conflated WIXOSS*
    Love Rice Season 2*
    Mr. Osomatsu Season 2*
    The Ancient Magus Bride
    URAHARA

Daisuki / Nozomi Entertainment

Funimation
    Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond *
    Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2 *
    TsukiPro The Animation *
    UQ Holder! *

Netflix
    Children of the Whales

Pony Canyon USA
    Yuki Yuna is a Hero Season 2

Sentai Filmworks
    ClassicaLoid Season 2 *
    Food Wars - Shokugeki no Souma: The Third Plate! *
    Himouto! Umaru-Chan Season 2 *
    Hozuki's Coolheadedness Season 2 *
    Wake Up, Girls! New Chapter *

Viz Media

'*' = Not officially confirmed

@classyspartan Uh don't know if anyone's let you know this or not but you spelled Canada wrong in the title of this thread...

• Huh. So I did. Fixed now.

• @Rootsofjustice said in Fall 2017 Anime U.S. & Canada Licenses/Streaming Rights:

The scene for anime movies in North America is poised to be interesting this year, as GKIDS has already seemingly acquired the film Napping Princess. It also looks like neither Funimation nor GKIDS were able to get the rights to A Silent Voice, as an unknown distributor appears to be going through Eleven Arts to distribute the film theatrically. As of right now the only two anime films currently on the US film festival circuit that have no US distributor (announced or implied) are Lu Over the Wall and Night is Short, W

So are you sure Funimation is going to license the movie, right?

• @classyspartan Daisuki has the main CG series exclusive and Crunchyroll lists the publisher for Cinderella Girls Theater as ACJ so you're probably right.

• @MichaelTanzer said in Fall 2017 Anime U.S. & Canada Licenses/Streaming Rights:

@Rootsofjustice said in Fall 2017 Anime U.S. & Canada Licenses/Streaming Rights:

The scene for anime movies in North America is poised to be interesting this year, as GKIDS has already seemingly acquired the film Napping Princess. It also looks like neither Funimation nor GKIDS were able to get the rights to A Silent Voice, as an unknown distributor appears to be going through Eleven Arts to distribute the film theatrically. As of right now the only two anime films currently on the US film festival circuit that have no US distributor (announced or implied) are Lu Over the Wall and Night is Short, W

So are you sure Funimation is going to license the movie, right?

Mary and the Witch's Flower? No. I'm not confident in Funimation acquiring it. This isn't an indictment of their licensing department or brand management, but the cold fact GKIDS has a considerable advantage in the matter since they have a working relationship with many of the people involved in its production during their time at Studio Ghibli. Lu Over the Wall on the other hand is something I could see Funimation with. Honestly I think it has slightly better chances at awards season considering it's the first anime film since 1995 to take home the Cristal du Long Metrage at this year's Annecy International Animated Film Festival.

• @Rootsofjustice Yeah definitely. But who knows, man. Looks like Funimation might well just license Mary and the Witch's Flower anyhow. So yeah.

• Awe, Gohan wrecked the incorrect spelling waiting game I was playing. I was waiting to see if we could make it all the way to the fall season before it got fixed.