@sophie, we need to talk in private

• @sophie I think we need to talk in private.

I feel like the moderators and people are silencing my criticism. Do I not have the right to criticize the practice of companies? Can't even get any of my points across about anything. Do you have a facebook or twitter account, or some sort of E-mail address I can speak to you in private about?

And why can't I call and speak to Funimation staff on the phone? I'm sure every company, including Funimation has some sort of corporate phone number. The phone number if it exists is probably not for public use, and is for official business only.

I feel posting any concerns I have on the forums in general does nothing. This whole issue makes me upset. I really want to have a talk here.

• "Any threads or posts about this topic or any complaining that I have locked this topic will result in disciplinary action."

Gulag

• I just want to have a private conversation with the moderator. Why should I be punished for arguing with a moderator. I just want to see If I can either call Funimation, or Speak with Sophie via facebook or twitter. I feel like my first amendment rights are being taken away here, and I'm being punished for exercising my rights here. I am feeling down right now, and don't know what to do.

• @Spaceshotx7 said in @sophie, we need to talk in private:

I feel like my first amendment rights are being taken away here, and I'm being punished for exercising my rights here.

it's a private forum on the internet. You don't have any rights other than what Funimation says you do.

• @Spaceshotx7 So you feel like you can't get your point across to anyone but if anyone actually tries to answer your question you don't seem to listen and make crazy accusations. At least from what I've seen multiple times but you still bring up the issues. As for moderators being unfair I've seen Hardy be reasonable allowing topics to stay up until it becomes out of control like with arguing.

As for wanting to speak to someone at funimation about songs not being dubbed you know will get you know where right? They'll just throw your complaints about it under the rug since not many people actually have a problem with it. That's why I gave you ideas for your petition which takes awhile to do not days like you think. I'm sorry if that's all mean but you need to understand you can't always get what you want in life and just be happy with what you get.

• I see the comment about you needing a new hobby really sank in...

Dude, listen. This has nothing to do with your rights, and honestly it's pretty irritating that people think that just because we live in a part of the world where you can have a voice, means that people need to listen to your every request. You've posted more then enough, you state your case, almost everyone else disagrees but you think if you repeat yourself enough suddenly things will change.

Have you honestly considered investing yourself to a more worthy cause? You have excellent focus and you're obviously driven, as you won't let this topic go. Maybe if you apply yourself to something that really matters, you could make a difference? Just this past week, I've wracked up about 20+ volunteer hours doing various things, on top of working full time, and it truly is fulfilling work. Maybe you need to steer yourself in to a more positive and productive direction? Surely you have other things you're passionate about?

Why linger on this? It obviously only upsets you, along with everyone else, why not move on to something bigger and better?

• @Spaceshotx7 You are free to criticize Funimation as much as you want here on the forum. That's one of the reasons we have it, and I place the most internal protection on the negative threads precisely because I do want our customers' voices to be heard. However, even though it is not my policy to overly restrict user conduct, it is one of my goals to make the forum a more positive place.

Funimation does reserve the right to edit/delete/moderate any user's posts as outlined in the Terms of Use. Therefore, I'd like users to refrain from discussing the song dubbing issue for now. I'm leaving the thread up, so that people can get to your petition. You are also free to point people to the thread from other sites or social media services. Your posts have not been edited in any way.

You are not being punished. The thread was just beginning to get toxic, and any more posts would have hurt your cause.

Also, our forum isn't very big, so that could also be why your petition isn't getting a lot of traffic. Have you tried posting about it on other sites?

• @Sophie I tried posting the petition on Anime News Network forums, and it got locked too. I can't think of much where else to do it. I am not very good at petitioning, or spreading the word, and It be nice if you can help.

I just want to get through to the right people that make the decisions that's all. It be nice if I can speak to them directly. Advocating for things is difficult for me in general.

• The most I can do is get your thread in front of the Community Manager. I will forward the two threads to them.

• @Sophie Who is the community manager, and what does he do? Is there a way I can talk to him?

• @Spaceshotx7

Check this thread of mine introducing thusly here:

https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/13457/they-hired-a-new-guy-for-your-trolliness

He has yet to make an appearance on the forums, however...

In either case, just lay off the sauce for a bit. They bringing back the classics after all...

Do I not have the right to criticize the practice of companies? Can't even get any of my points across about anything.

You've had more than enough opportunity. We already know your point(s).
    Sophie's forwarded your concern upstairs as best she can, so... mission accomplished?

@MyOnlyFarph said in @sophie, we need to talk in private:

Gulag

alt text

I feel like my first amendment rights are being taken away here, and I'm being punished for exercising my rights here.

https://xkcd.com/1357/

• So they just got a new community manager? What do community managers even do? How long did the last one work for? I hope I can speak to him soon. Still haven't gotten an e-mail response on my Issues yet.

• @Spaceshotx7

You really need to realize, that in this particular case, you are not going to get what you want. As others have said, the reason your topics get locked is because you keep posting about the same thing all the time.

We get it, you like songs dubbed in English. Like I've stated before, to me, the English version 90% of the time sounds like a crappy cover version.

By the way, probably the 3 most popular English OP's for Anime titles have pretty much nothing to do with the Original Japanese versions besides the music aka Sailor Moon, Speed Racer(Mach Go Go Go) and Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato)

and in Sailor Moon's case they even altered the music.

https://youtu.be/o3mJQjzIBoQ

• @Series5Ranger He's not going to listen. I doubt even if the community manager contacted him and explained what we've all tried to do he won't accept it.

• @MidnightAoshi said in @sophie, we need to talk in private:

@Series5Ranger He's not going to listen. I doubt even if the community manager contacted him and explained what we've all tried to do he won't accept it.

I know, I know

• @Series5Ranger said in @sophie, we need to talk in private:

@Spaceshotx7

You really need to realize, that in this particular case, you are not going to get what you want. As others have said, the reason your topics get locked is because you keep posting about the same thing all the time.

We get it, you like songs dubbed in English. Like I've stated before, to me, the English version 90% of the time sounds like a crappy cover version.

By the way, probably the 3 most popular English OP's for Anime titles have pretty much nothing to do with the Original Japanese versions besides the music aka Sailor Moon, Speed Racer(Mach Go Go Go) and Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato)

and in Sailor Moon's case they even altered the music.

https://youtu.be/o3mJQjzIBoQ

@Series5Ranger Has to disagree with you there. Sailor Moon English theme song was amazing and still kept the lines with the close of the story it's just they made the theme song more about action then love which there action in the anime. But kept the integrity of the plot of the story. Many 90s animes and early 2000 animes that got English dub theme songs that were brand-new songs altogether are amazing and many people that are anime fans that do top tens of been songs include them on the list.

• Most of you posting on this forum don't even work for Funimation or any anime licensors. I origionally started this post because I wanted to talk to Sophie, the administrator for the forums who works for Funimation.

If you keep trying to bring up the other topic that was locked, then this one will eventually get locked too. I don't want my account being banned. I just want to be able to talk with the people who make the dubbing decisions, and explain my concern directly to them. Hopefully, they could also read my petition as well, even though it only has 3 votes so far.

@Series5Ranger I don't see why the dubbed in-universe insert songs are crappy? It depends on the VA. Many of the ones I heard in Funimation dubs aren't that bad. The singers sound professional sounding.

I origionally started this post because I wanted to talk to Sophie,

And you have your answer.

• @Nobu

No he doesn't... as the "answer" he got wasn't the one he was looking for. As indeed,