FUNimation acquires Season 6 (Thriller Bark)

• For those who did not see this on the Blog:

Flower Mound, Texas (January 17, 2014) – FUNimation® Entertainment announced today it has acquired the U.S. home video rights to Season Six of the action adventure anime series—One Piece. Season Six contains the Thriller Bark Saga, spanning Episodes 337 – 384, and will be released in four installments throughout 2014.

Source

• I had a feeling this was coming, I just did not know when.

• Sweet. Collection 9 comes out in April! I've already purchased collections 1-8 brand new and was holding out for the next one. Surprised it's coming out so soon! FUNi must know there's folks out there who were late to buying One Piece, and the collections were perfect for me. I like to have one complete release and it seams the collections are gonna be released sooner than later!

We are so close to Impel Down and Marineford I'm so stoked!

• I have Collections 1-8 and all the Season 4 and Season 5 releases….I am likely to get Collection 9 to match with the first 8 collections, then it's off for Season 6 when after I get the last Season 5 set.

• I have the first 2 voyages of season 5 and all of seasons 1-4
    I cannot wait to watch Thriller Bark. What a epic arc I cannot wait to see Brook in the anime. He seems the most interesting to me but my personal favorite is

Mod Edit: seriously we have warned you about posting religious propaganda before. You didn't listen, and I am afraid the heavenly host of Funi will have to smite you now.

• I too have Seasons 1-4 and season 5v1 and v2.

Glad to hear they got season 6. FUNimation has made a lot of progress in the past couple years I never though they'd get this close to the Japanese run.

I hope they can keep it up and be only 100 episodes or so behind

• Visoredavenger did you watch all of season 4 yet and the first two voyages of season 5? I'm wondering because I haven't and was wondering how great these voyages are. I plan on getting another voyage today season 5 voyage 4. I have only watched the first 3 seasons. Season 4 and 5 seem like they will be incredible. Also season 6 deals with the incredible introduction of Brook and the Thriller Bark arc. Can't wait for that one to watch.

• @Chris1986:

Visoredavenger did you watch all of season 4 yet and the first two voyages of season 5? I'm wondering because I haven't and was wondering how great these voyages are. I plan on getting another voyage today season 5 voyage 4. I have only watched the first 3 seasons. Season 4 and 5 seem like they will be incredible. Also season 6 deals with the incredible introduction of Brook and the Thriller Bark arc. Can't wait for that one to watch.

Hell Yeah they are great! ESPECIALLY Season 5 the "Enies Lobby" arc Season 4 is good but it's slow on the action at times.