FunimationNow Suggestions for SimulDub that air on TV 1st before that go to the stream!

• The way this week Attack On Titan was falsely advertised going so far to even E-Mails about the new episode that was never coming. Though I watch Attack On Titan as the 1st time me watching it myself subscriber to this stream and to everyone one who is very unfair this happen. So what I suggest Funimation does for Title that are TV airing 1st that do this:

Funimation NEEDS to do for titles that are contact like this with Toonami or any TV Channel for that madder is to let the customers know that this is SimulDub Title is also of Toonami and or TV show and the premiere day for it airing on FunimationNow could Vary if the TV Channel does not air it on TV that weekend or that week... @administrators @Moderators @Sophie @SpacemanHardy

• What is the issue? Are you upset about an episode of Titan airing on TV before it streamed on the site or the other way around?

• @Sophie said in FunimationNow Suggestions for SimulDub that air on TV 1st before that go to the stream!:

What is the issue? Are you upset about an episode of Titan airing on TV before it streamed on the site or the other way around?

@Sophie I not really upset but other people are... B/c I have Cable and know about this but people that are stream user don't know this, https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/13500/attack-on-titan-simuldub-episode-35/9 Here is more info... We Stream of the Funimation where sent e-mail about a new ep. which was FALSE since only Toonami can air Attack on Titan 1st.

• From what I can gather, people are upset that because there was a Holiday Marathon on Toonami, that a new dubbed episode got delayed a week alongside it.

I think they're upset because they feel they shouldn't have to wait for the cable people or something?

I dunno personally just seems silly to me. Waiting another week is nothing compared to the months to years it took some shows to even come out dubbed.

• @classyspartan said in FunimationNow Suggestions for SimulDub that air on TV 1st before that go to the stream!:

From what I can gather, people are upset that because there was a Holiday Marathon on Toonami, that a new dubbed episode got delayed a week alongside it.

I think they're upset because they feel they shouldn't have to wait for the cable people or something?

I dunno personally just seems silly to me. Waiting another week is nothing compared to the months to years it took some shows to even come out dubbed.

@classyspartan For me I not really piss about the Marathon b/c I myself know about this before hand as I watch Toonami. What I piss off about at Funimation for is that sent me and many others people an E-Mail saying the ep. 35 would be up that day at 10:00pm eastern time which was a lie since it was not going to come out that day. I got the e-mail as well to prove it. Which is falsely advertised on Funimation part... Which is why I think that for TV title like Attack On Titan that should put on the stream titles that are contact like this with Toonami or any TV Channel for that madder is to let the customers know that this is SimulDub Title is also of Toonami and or TV show and the premiere day for it airing on FunimationNow could Vary if the TV does not show it. That way more people will know about this that that may not get it every week and would know about it.. Since some people that have FunimationNow don't have cable like me and will not know about Toonami.

• @gohan6425 said in FunimationNow Suggestions for SimulDub that air on TV 1st before that go to the stream!:

me and many others people an E-Mail saying the ep. 35 would be up that day at 10:00pm eastern time which was a lie mistake since it was not going to come out that day

FTFY.

• @Nobu said in FunimationNow Suggestions for SimulDub that air on TV 1st before that go to the stream!:

FTFY

@Nobu You can't said that was a "mistake" bro when your talking a company promising something and not given it. That my friend in the business world is called "false advertise" even it was a "mistake" that does not change the FACT it is in fact "false advertise". This also why alot of company's put down "Subject to Change" so people don't get piss of when thing do get change...

• @Nobu said in FunimationNow Suggestions for SimulDub that air on TV 1st before that go to the stream!:

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

@Nobu Uh no it not true bro WWE does the "Subject to Change" ALL the time when that change the card so fans will not ask for refunds! B/c at that point it would be count as "false advertise". All I telling @Sophie to do it for the next title like Attack On Titan were it go on Toonami and then air stream next day to tell people this title is also being air on TV 1st and then come on this stream the next day but new eps. VARY depending on when the TV Network air it on TV so if the network does not air it that weekend that can't show it but also the people that have this stream will KNOW that. So that will not act supised when it not there... But as @thegrandalliance said very well.

No matter.

• By crying claiming "false advertising" and "lying", you're accusing Funimation did this deliberately to mislead people.

alt text

By crying claiming "false advertising" you're accusing Funimation did this deliberately to mislead people.

alt text

@Nobu Technically speaking that did! That send out e-mail saying ep. 35 was going to out and it clearly was not going up which is my friend "false advertising"! "Mistake" or not it still "false advertising" bro...

• Have you ever considered the possibility that Funimation assumed they were going to upload it around the time the episode aired on Toonami but weren't informed that the episode wasn't gonna air that week until after they sent the email?

Not saying they shouldn't be made aware of the error but you're assuming this was some malicious ploy to deceive their customers when it just wasn't. Chill.

• Occam's razor. This was most likely a mistake or a miscommunication. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be addressed, but that this is most likely what it was.

I'm gonna actually move this to Funimation General since it's not really a suggestion for the site.

• @classyspartan said in FunimationNow Suggestions for SimulDub that air on TV 1st before that go to the stream!:

Have you ever considered the possibility that Funimation assumed they were going to upload it around the time the episode aired on Toonami but weren't informed that the episode wasn't gonna air that week until after they sent the email?

Not saying they shouldn't be made aware of the error but you're assuming this was some malicious ploy to deceive their customers when it just wasn't. Chill.

@classyspartan Even if that so that should then send out an e-mail to ALL there customers about the Mistake and tell people sorry about it. It the people that paid should not to do get screw like that. Like I said I not mad about it not being shown b/c I have cable and watch it on cable 1st and know this but if other show like Attack On Titan are on Toonami before the stream people who don't have cable should know is a TV Show and the new and the episodes that come on this stream vary depending on if that shown that weekend on Toonami... So we don't have issue like this in the future. Really what I trying to do is HELP Funimation from having this issue again. @Sophie

• @gohan6425 You can always reach out to the Funimation social accounts. Issues tend to get more noticed there.

• @Sophie The thread you just lock was not a duplicate of this thread it was made 1st to let people know that day the ep. was not going come out since that send the e-mail that day. This was a thread made after to suggest that Funimation not to this again for later times.

• @gohan6425 This one is getting more traction and is about the same overall topic, so that's why I closed the first one. You're not getting two threads talking about the timing of episodes airing on Toonami and people being upset over an email that incorrectly told people the episode would be on TV when it wasn't because of the 4th of July holiday.

The desired end result of both threads was the same and the discussion in both threads would have been close to the same, so this is the one thread that will exist for this situation.

• For the record... I sorta have to agree with @gohan6425 on this one. If AoT FUNimation Simuldub was contractility obligated to post after CN release; as has been done with other shows, FUNIManagement would obviously be aware. Furthermore, to assume FUNimation had a "miscommunication" is also false... Anyone who has watched AS/CN over the years knows they never release new content on holidays. Or many other times they think people won't be watching. To assume otherwise, is to assume FUNimation has never released a product on Adult Swim b4. DBZ, FMA... Blasphemy.

In addition, when they get an episode behind, it throws the while schedule off. Which means that, although AoT was claimed to be a "spontaneous Simuldub" or otherwise, now it will be a week behind schedule from here on out. Thus, this issue is the real contention... Not that 1 episode was missed per se, but now the rest of the season will be further delayed behind Japan.

IDK about the email thing, simply because I delete most things from FUNI without looking (MHA Spam FTW), but yes... an email suggesting you to in effect subscribe for upcomming AoT on a day they should have known otherwise, is a legitimate grievance.

Now, being AoT; worthless, incomprehensible Shonen title, I could care less, nevertheless some do, I see.

The real irony here is, is that now @gohan6425 is the one charging FUNimation with the "conspiracy theories" of mismanagement. The irony, indeed...

As rightfully stated above, once more,

No matter.

• @thegrandalliance said in FunimationNow Suggestions for SimulDub that air on TV 1st before that go to the stream!:

For the record... I sorta have to agree with @gohan6425 on this one. If AoT FUNimation Simuldub was contractility obligated to post after CN release; as has been done with other shows, FUNIManagement would obviously be aware. Furthermore, to assume FUNimation had a "miscommunication" is also false... Anyone who has watched AS/CN over the years knows they never release new content on holidays. Or many other times they think people won't be watching. To assume otherwise, is to assume FUNimation has never released a product on Adult Swim b4. DBZ, FMA... Blasphemy.

In addition, when they get an episode behind, it throws the while schedule off. Which means that, although AoT was claimed to be a "spontaneous Simuldub" or otherwise, now it will be a week behind schedule from here on out. Thus, this issue is the real contention... Not that 1 episode was missed per se, but now the rest of the season will be further delayed behind Japan.

IDK about the email thing, simply because I delete most things from FUNI without looking (MHA Spam FTW), but yes... an email suggesting you to in effect subscribe for upcomming AoT on a day they should have known otherwise, is a legitimate grievance.

Now, being AoT; worthless, incomprehensible Shonen title, I could care less, nevertheless some do, I see.

The real irony here is, is that now @gohan6425 is the one charging FUNimation with the "conspiracy theories" of mismanagement. The irony, indeed...

As rightfully stated above, once more,

No matter.

@thegrandalliance 0_1499290075512_what funimation e-mail to me.png

This is basically what the e-mail that send out to people. I could forward if you have an e-mail to send it too... No "Subject to Change" or anything just that it will be come that night at 10:00pm eastern time. Which is in fact false advertise...

• Hmm, the real headline in that email is in the top corner thereof,

"Getting too much email from FUNImation?"

At least someone "gets it". FUNISpam FTW. Although, on second thought, that may just be an automated feature of Outlook Mail, now that I think about it...

Now I am gonna have to look at next FUNIMail, to see if I get to see that....

But yes, on topic at hand... If that email was sent only hours before the intended launch, which it seems it was, clearly there is something going on there. Whether it was "evil", or some noob working in marketing; some problem exists, in either case.

An apology would likely be in order, if not already issued. But then again, ur'll never see it here on their site, only "social media", of course...

The real lesson of this story is, FUNimation needs to stop spamming emails, especially since it is thusly proven it is not able to "verify" the stuff it sends. "Fake News", I believe it is called.

Spam, spam, spam, useless FUNISpam.

You Should Be ^Reading...

• @thegrandalliance said in FunimationNow Suggestions for SimulDub that air on TV 1st before that go to the stream!:

Hmm, the real headline in that email is in the top corner thereof,

"Getting too much email from FUNImation?"

At least someone "gets it". FUNISpam FTW. Although, on second thought, that may just be an automated feature of Outlook Mail, now that I think about it...

Now I am gonna have to look at next FUNIMail, to see if I get to see that....

But yes, on topic at hand... If that email was sent only hours before the intended launch, which it seems it was, clearly there is something going on there. Whether it was "evil", or some noob working in marketing; some problem exists, in either case.

An apology would likely be in order, if not already issued. But then again, ur'll never see it here on their site, only "social media", of course...

The real lesson of this story is, FUNimation needs to stop spamming emails, especially since it is thusly proven it is not able to "verify" the stuff it sends. "Fake News", I believe it is called.

Spam, spam, spam, useless FUNISpam.

*You Should Be Reading...

@thegrandalliance Well supposedly that did tweet something out on twitter but that did not tweet this info until Monday which is a whole day after this happen https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/881728550067249152 but to me this is not enough noices and not really even saying sorry about the e-mails send out...