2017 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 1: Group 28

• Nanashi/No Name - Sword of the Stranger
    Arslan - The Heroic Legend of Arslan
    Toru Acura - Chaika - The Coffin Princess
    Gajeel Redfox - Fairy Tail

Please choose which two of the four characters listed that you wish to see continue on in this tournament. Voting will stay open until 10 PM CST the following day.

Please post your vote, as well as the current score, after taking your vote into account. Be sure to clearly note who you are voting for by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote ONCE, and once you post you cannot change your vote. And DON'T try to cheat; I'll be watching.

• uuuugh, why are you making me vote against these characters :(

Nanashi/No Name - 1
    Arslan - 0
    Toru Acura - 1
    Gajeel Redfox - 0

alt text
    Nanashi/No Name is a character from a film that is really all about his redemption. He's a samurai with an extremely troubled past. He has guilt that eats at him every day and while he did commit acts in the past that were terrible, he does work extremely hard over the course of this film to redeem them.
    alt text
    The entire film, despite knowing he was going to be "paid" (Although he was aware that the kid intended to swindle him), he works extremely hard to protect a young boy and his dog. He never hesitates in his quest, even when at his lowest point it leads to him running, while the enemy has a huge lead, after them and despite his exhaustion he wastes no time leaping in to battle.
    He continues to fight, despite getting stabbed through the arm, he pulls that sword out and he continues to fight, and in the end, win.
    It helps that this leads to, in my opinion, the greatest anime fight of all time.
    Nanashi is a character with an extreme will to protect those that cannot protect themselves, he wastes no time using his skill to protect the innocent. He's just the kind of character you cannot help but root for, and despite the melancholy and ambiguous ending, I found myself rooting very strongly for a happy ending for him.
    alt text

• Nanashi/No Name - 2
    Arslan - 1
    Toru Acura - 1
    Gajeel Redfox - 0

• Nanashi/No Name - 3
    Arslan - 1
    Toru Acura - 1
    Gajeel Redfox - 1

In my honest opinion, Gajeel Redfox has proven himself as one of the most developed, interesting, and overall most well done character in all of Fairy Tail.

He must learn to make up for his actions he did against the guild during his time in Phantom Lord but after some reluctance and tsun-tsun dragon antics he becomes a loyal honest member of Fairy Tail. He makes friends, helps others, and is willing to give his all to protect those he loves. He's really proven himself as one of the most developed and manly character, and easily the most well written and competent redemption arc in the entire series (if only Jellal's arc of redemption was anywhere NEAR as competent).

Point in favor goes to the Iron Dragon Slayer himself.

alt text

• Nanashi/No Name - 3
    Arslan - 2
    Toru Acura - 1
    Gajeel Redfox - 2

• Nanashi/No Name - 4
    Arslan - 2
    Toru Acura - 2
    Gajeel Redfox - 2

• Nanashi/No Name - 4
    Arslan - 3
    Toru Acura - 2