2017 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 1: Group 12

• Jean Pierre Polnareff - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
    Meliodas - The Seven Deadly Sins
    Genos - One Punch Man
    Gai Daigoji - Martian Successor Nadesico

Please choose which two of the four characters listed that you wish to see continue on in this tournament. Voting will stay open until 10 PM CST the following day.

Please post your vote, as well as the current score, after taking your vote into account. Be sure to clearly note who you are voting for by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote ONCE, and once you post you cannot change your vote. And DON'T try to cheat; I'll be watching.

• Jean Pierre Polnareff - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 1
    Meliodas - The Seven Deadly Sins
    Genos - One Punch Man - 1
    Gai Daigoji - Martian Successor Nadesico

• Jean Pierre Polnareff - 2
    Meliodas - 0
    Genos - 2
    Gai Daigoji - 0

• Jean Pierre Polnareff - 3
    Meliodas - 1
    Genos - 2
    Gai Daigoji - 0

Meliodas - 2
    Genos - 2
    Gai Daigoji - 0

I am only voting for Meliodas because I KNOW he's a tough sell on these forums, but I will explain my reasoning as to WHY I nominated him.

alt text

I realize why people may not like him. His groping habit with Elizabeth is an extremely irritating part of his character (Although reasons as to why it may be happening have been popping up in the most recent chapters of the manga) but beyond that, Meliodas is a pretty freaking manly character.

SPOILERS GALORE. BEWARE

Meliodas was part of a pretty classic Romeo and Juliet story. Two people from different sides (Goddesses and Demons) fall in love, Meliodas betrays his race for some reasons that are just only now in recent chapters beginning to become clear. Meliodas and Elizabeth are cursed, one of them to live forever with all his memories (Although every time he "dies" he loses his ability to feel emotion a little more) and the woman he loves is cursed to die over and over again, within a matter of days should she regain her memories. We see now, especially in most recent chapters, how sometimes Meliodas uses his seemingly uncaring demeanor as a way to say something to distract Elizabeth when she grows closer to remembering. He knows, should she ever remember their lives together, she will die three days later and I think after 3,000 years of this cycle, it'd be enough to drive anyone a little crazy.

alt text

Meliodas has shown time and time again that he is fully willing to throw himself in to the fray to defend those he cares for, and he doesn't tend to hold grudges to those friends even when they do things such as try to kill him. Instead, he understand their motivations and allows them forgiveness, never letting circumstances that are forcing a friends hand to cloud his friendship. There are a number of times that Meliodas's Wrath, the sin he bears, could be used for drama purposes, but instead it is saved for times where it is well and truly worthy.

alt text

Despite all the terrible things that happen to him, and they truly are terrible, and the curse he bears, he does not go back to his darker nature. It is hinted many times that Meliodas has not always been what he is now, and even though he has every reason to turn, to hate, to kill, he only does so when his hand has been forced.

Meliodas is a bit of a mysterious character and it's not often we get a glimpse in to his true character, but when we do, it leads to some fantastic scenes.

I just feel a lot of people see the groping, and not much else, but the manga has truly shown an entirely different side to him.

![alt text](image url)

Meliodas - 3
    Genos - 2
    Gai Daigoji - 1

• Jean Pierre Polnareff - 4
    Meliodas - 3
    Genos - 3
    Gai Daigoji - 1

• Jean Pierre Polnareff - 5
    Meliodas - 3
    Genos - 4
    Gai Daigoji - 1

@emdier I probably would have voted for Meliodas too, but the spread didn't turn in his favor. Especially considering that the ones who cursed him and Elizabeth, as revealed in the latest chapter, were their own parents (his father and her mother)! Now that I think about it, that's another similarity to Romeo and Juliet.

• Jean Pierre Polnareff - 6
    Meliodas - 3
    Genos - 4
    Gai Daigoji - 2

• Jean Pierre Polnareff - 7
    Meliodas - 3
    Genos - 5
    Gai Daigoji - 2

• Jean Pierre Polnareff - 8
    Meliodas - 3
    Genos - 6
    Gai Daigoji - 2