Frieza Voice Discussion for Dragonball Super English what happen now?

• Ok so this a very itchy Discussion now...

As I just found out Chris Ayres the current English Frieza Voice Actor has a lung diseases. Which From me to I hope everyone here I hope wish him the best in a speed recovered from this diseases.

Now with that being said let get to this discussion as we know the ROF Sage has been long English dub already.

Now I don't watch subtitle so I can't said it Frieza come back or not but I sure there going flashbacks about Frieza here and there later on. So my question what happen if Chris Ayres can't make it back in time to be Frieza if he come back in Dragonball Super later on? Would it be possible it would go to Linda Young again? Or would it go to some else? Yes I know I like Linda Young Voice more for Frieza but I am ok with Chris Frieza voice just to me in my opinion is not as good as Linda was. But I mainly asking this b/c I just find put about this and I not sure what that do and a situation like this? Now i know some people will said it need to sound someone like Chris but the 1st Ep. of Kai Linda Young was still Frieza it was not until the Frieza Saga in Kai where there change to Chris Ayres due to Linda Young voice hurting her too much. Vic the voice of Broly had told me alot of voice actor go though this even him with well Broly... Vic has told he hate being Broly and only does it for the voice games or when he had to do it for the anime still which is pretty much is done at this point since Broly is dead for good and is a non canon villain... So with that being said could that go back Linda Young if Chris Ayres can't make it back in time to dub the part where Frieza may come back? Linda to me would be the only I could else see coming back to do it? That is if have voice is good again... It been a long time since she drop the role so maybe she can do it? Not sure though. Any have any idea or thoughs?

• Honestly if it turns out that Chris Ayres just absolutely can't do the Freiza voice any longer I feel they'll get someone else.

And while I can't say whether or not you'll get to see more of Freiza in the anime or not, the answer to your question about what'll happen with Freiza's voice henceforth will probably be answered in FighterZ's dub.

Granted depending how well the surgery goes and whether or not he'll be able or willing to do it further I can see Chris pulling through and doing it.

Right now it's a little too soon to really know what's going to happen. Like I said, my guess is by the time FighterZ comes out we'll probably know.

• @classyspartan said in Frieza Voice Discussion for Dragonball Super English what happen now?:

Honestly if it turns out that Chris Ayres just absolutely can't do the Freiza voice any longer I feel they'll get someone else.

And while I can't say whether or not you'll get to see more of Freiza in the anime or not, the answer to your question about what'll happen with Freiza's voice henceforth will probably be answered in FighterZ's dub.

Granted depending how well the surgery goes and whether or not he'll be able or willing to do it further I can see Chris pulling through and doing it.

Right now it's a little too soon to really know what's going to happen. Like I said, my guess is by the time FighterZ comes out we'll probably know.

@classyspartan But who could fill it? The only person I can see doing that would be Linda Young again since she know how to be Frieza. That is of course her voice is good still I know notices she been doing some role here and there so it not a far away thing to said for Chris Sabat to ask her to come back to do if there fast on time. Since she know how to be the character and I here there trying to get the Dub out as fast that can so it ready to go for Toonami I heard there work on the next few season as we speak right now. So is there rushing to get it out Linda Young if she can still do the role I know she had voice issue in the past which is why she left being Freiza years ago. But if she can do it again now it would be the best case to get someone familiar with the the role better and people would know right away who it is...

• @gohan6425 said in Frieza Voice Discussion for Dragonball Super English what happen now?:

@classyspartan said in Frieza Voice Discussion for Dragonball Super English what happen now?:

Honestly if it turns out that Chris Ayres just absolutely can't do the Freiza voice any longer I feel they'll get someone else.

@classyspartan But who could fill it? The only person I can see doing that would be Linda Young again since she know how to be Frieza. That is of course her voice is good still I know notices she been doing some role here and there so it not a far away thing to said for Chris Sabat to ask her to come back to do if there fast on time. Since she know how to be the character and I here there trying to get the Dub out as fast that can so it ready to go for Toonami I heard there work on the next few season as we speak right now. So is there rushing to get it out Linda Young if she can still do the role I know she had voice issue in the past which is why she left begin Freiza years ago. But if she can do it again now it would be the best case to get someone familiar with the the role better and people would know right away who it is...

She's in her late-60's early 70's at this point. If she is able then excellent, but the possibility of a new actor to play Freiza's isn't impossible either. As for who, I can't tell you. Maybe Chris Patton would be a good fit?

Point is, at this point there's no telling what is gonna happen. We just and wait and see. Personally as curious as I am about what'll happen with Freiza I'm personally more concerned with Chris Ayres making a healthy and speedy recovery.

• @classyspartan said in Frieza Voice Discussion for Dragonball Super English what happen now?:

@gohan6425 said in Frieza Voice Discussion for Dragonball Super English what happen now?:

@classyspartan said in Frieza Voice Discussion for Dragonball Super English what happen now?:

@classyspartan But who could fill it? The only person I can see doing that would be Linda Young again since she know how to be Frieza. That is of course her voice is good still I know notices she been doing some role here and there so it not a far away thing to said for Chris Sabat to ask her to come back to do if there fast on time. Since she know how to be the character and I here there trying to get the Dub out as fast that can so it ready to go for Toonami I heard there work on the next few season as we speak right now. So is there rushing to get it out Linda Young if she can still do the role I know she had voice issue in the past which is why she left begin Freiza years ago. But if she can do it again now it would be the best case to get someone familiar with the the role better and people would know right away who it is...

She's in her late-60's early 70's at this point. If she is able then excellent, but the possibility of a new actor to play Freiza's isn't impossible either. As for who, I can't tell you. Maybe Chris Patton would be a good fit?

Point is, at this point there's no telling what is gonna happen. We just and wait and see. Personally as curious as I am about what'll happen with Freiza I'm personally more concerned with Chris Ayres making a healthy and speedy recovery.

@classyspartan Yeah same here lung diseases is not good at all... And it really suck it remind me of Chuck Huber heart attack in 2010. But it suck to voice actor go down like that. But I was just wondering would happen since I know there trying to get Dragonball Super out quickly and I was not sure what that would do if he not able to come back in time? But yes his heath come before anything that why I put there at the top of this thread. As for Chris Patton? Not sure what he done...

Edit I guess he was the voice of Turles for the Funimation Dub.

• I hope everything goes well for Chris but if their happens to be a chance he can't do Freeza's voice anymore they would most likely ask his brother Greg to do it.

Also they've only been rushing to get the dlc for Xenoverse 2 out which the voice acting doesn't seem to great at parts. For the show their like maybe a little bit past halfway through the next arc from what a voice actor hinted not to long ago

• @MidnightAoshi said in Frieza Voice Discussion for Dragonball Super English what happen now?:

I hope everything goes well for Chris but if their happens to be a chance he can't do Freeza's voice anymore they would most likely ask his brother Greg to do it.

Also they've only been rushing to get the dlc for Xenoverse 2 out which the voice acting doesn't seem to great at parts. For the show their like maybe a little bit past halfway through the next arc from what a voice actor hinted not to long ago

@MidnightAoshi I not sure who "Greg" aka his brother but is he even a voice actor? Also it would make more sense Linda Young back since everyone know here as Frieza too. But we will not know until later.

• @gohan6425 He is a voice actor and does Guldo in Kai and another voice in Xenoverse 2 that if you play the dlc you'll understand why I think it'll be him.

• @MidnightAoshi said in Frieza Voice Discussion for Dragonball Super English what happen now?:

@gohan6425 He is a voice actor and does Guldo in Kai and another voice in Xenoverse 2 that if you play the dlc you'll understand why I think it'll be him.

@MidnightAoshi I heard his voice in Kai eh... I can't see that voice being Frieza though Linda Young I believe was the best Frieza voice she sound like a Evil Emperor where Chris Ayres sound like and a Stereotype Military Soldier...

• My personal opinion is that I don't want Linda Young back as Freeza. She never sounded right to me when i first heard her a child, and it remains the same way now. For a long time, I thought Freeza was a woman

• @Getchman said in Frieza Voice Discussion for Dragonball Super English what happen now?:

My personal opinion is that I don't want Linda Young back as Freeza. She never sounded right to me when i first heard her a child, and it remains the same way now. For a long time, I thought Freeza was a woman

@Getchman She does not sound like a woman when she Frieza she sound like a Monster Evil Emperor which is what Frieza supposed to sound like.

• Maybe to you, but not to me. Please don't start an argument over this. how an individual perceives sounds is unique to that person, and no amount of debate or yelling will change that. you like it , I don't. end of discussion

• @gohan6425 They could totally recast Freeza again if Chris can't do it for FighterZ. But since Greg can sound kinda like a younger Chris in some roles I've heard him in theirs a bigger chance he could if the situation ever happened.

I know you like Linda and I'm sure a lot of other people do but I don't think she would come back if Chris can't since probably can't do the sound efforts for Freeza anymore. If it was just talking yeah she could but fighting games has to much screaming and yelling.

@gohan6425 They could totally recast Freeza again if Chris can't do it for FighterZ. But since Greg can sound kinda like a younger Chris in some roles I've heard him in theirs a bigger chance he could if the situation ever happened.

I know you like Linda and I'm sure a lot of other people do but I don't think she would come back if Chris can't since probably can't do the sound efforts for Freeza anymore. If it was just talking yeah she could but fighting games has to much screaming and yelling.

@MidnightAoshi Well to be fair she does have to do the video games to do the voice anime. I mean DBZ rage blast Cell used had diffident voice actor from the one who does the anime Dameon Clarke Where for though video game he did not. Greg from what I heard does not really sound like Chris so I don't think it a good idea.

• @gohan6425 Wait are you basically saying Linda should come back if Chris can't even though you said it yourself that she can't do the voice? That anybody else that doesn't isn't the right choice since you don't think their good?,

@gohan6425 Wait are you basically saying Linda should come back if Chris can't even though you said it yourself that she can't do the voice? That anybody else that doesn't isn't the right choice since you don't think their good?,

@MidnightAoshi I said Linda Young should come back IF she can still do the voice. She left being Frieza during Kai b/c of vocal issue she had. Though that was year gao and she still works for Funimation and does voice over here and there still...