Spaceman Hardy is starting to annoy me.

• I feel Spaceman Hardy is starting to annoy me with locking up my posts, and acting un-professional about it.

Its annoying on dubs having to hear Alvin and the chipmunks sing in Japanese. English VAs can't even sing in Japanese when songs are not dubbed. And it can be so strict (like love live), That the English VAs couldn't even do any brief acapella singing. Lucky Star is also like that.

I'll just keep on creating these topics and you will keep locking them. And it will happen over and over again. Why do we have to be stuck with a moderator like you?

• @Spaceshotx7 said in Spaceman Hardy is starting to annoy me.:

Its annoying on dubs having to hear Alvin and the chipmunks sing in Japanese

still racist.

@Spaceshotx7 said in Spaceman Hardy is starting to annoy me.:

I'll just keep on creating these topics and you will keep locking them.

@Sophie apparently he has no intentions on listening to mods.

• He locks them becasue you keep posting the same thing over and over. Other users answer your questions, but it never seems to be the answer you want. We cannot give you answers we don't have. The answers are not going to change unless there is more information released. Continuing to ask will not get you a different answer.

Frankly, either learn to deal with the Japanese singing, wait until the home release and hope the singing is dubbed, or quit watching shows with singing unless you know it's dubbed.

Spaceman gives you way more leeway that he should. At this point, he could probably just lock any thread you make about dubbing songs right away, but he lets them stay open until they devolve too much.

• He may be starting to "annoy you", but you are starting to genuinely tick me off. Spaceman has been nothing but tolerant of your ramblings and repeated requests for things that legit only you really care about, and yet you continue your jabbering and instead of simply accepting answers as you're given them, you choose to insult the person whom has had so much more patience then I would have.

Simply put, you've not only annoyed the living heck out of pretty much everyone on the forum but dog professionals in the industry just trying to go about their lives. Which is, quite frankly, harassment.

Do you, for even a single second, ever even consider that maybe YOU are the problem? Have you literally no respect for anyone? Newsflash, the world does not cater to your every whim.

I feel Spaceman Hardy is starting to annoy me with locking up my posts, and acting un-professional about it.

Oh its only just now starting to bother you? Nothing about our flagrant hostility towards your questions, which are all the same just phrased slightly differently? And, just saying, he isn't a professional mod, last I was aware, he isn't being paid to mod these forums. So of course he is being un-professional, that's because he is un-professional.

You're like the third person to whine about him being a mod though.

I feel Spaceman Hardy is starting to annoy me with locking up my posts,

Too bad.

I'll just keep on creating these topics and you will keep locking them.

You just bring it onto yourself.

alt text

• You asked a question, your question was answered, therefore the thread was locked.

• What do you hope to accomplish Spaceshot? Because you are blatantly telling us you're just not gonna obey any of whatever a moderator will tell you to do, nor will you choose not to listen to LITERALLY ANY OF US.

So good luck on this crusade of yours fam.

• @Spaceshotx7 This is like the 19th time you've brought up this topic, and you've even done it on forums outside of Funimation. It's the only thing I recall you ever talking about. How many times do we need to retread the same territory?

• @lcdude and your answer was that the song in episode 4 was not dubbed? I was just asking how did you know, and did you for sure watch episode 4? that's all.

I am very sorry about causing Spaceman Hardy and everyone pain around here.

I wish there was a way I could send personnel messages to other Funimation users and staff.

And sorry for being racist, but I just don't know why the Female Japanese VA's speak in a uniquely high pitched tone that sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks? Are they trained to talk like that, because those who are not Voice Actors speak at a lower, normal pitch.

Why can't many US VAs speak similar to how the Female Japanese VA's speak. Its too bad none of the VAs in the USA can completely imitate the same voice as the Japanese VA's, except in English.

I don't want anyone, including Spaceman Hardy Acting frustrating, and when closing the topic, he should be calm and courteous about it.

Things are just done the way they are. English Voice Actors generally don't sing in anime. That's all there is too it.

but I just don't know why the Female Japanese VA's speak in a uniquely high pitched tone that sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks? Are they trained to talk like that,

I can name lot's that don't. Off the top of my head Miyuki Sawashiro, Risa Taneda, Ayane Sakura (does do high pitch sometimes), Mimori Suzuko (also sometimes does high pitch), Yoko Hikasa and I'm sure if I actually look into it I could fine more.

Things are just done the way they are. English Voice Actors generally don't sing in anime. That's all there is too it.

Then WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY do you keep asking if you seem to understand this little tidbit?

And sorry for being racist, but I just don't know why the Female Japanese VA's speak in a uniquely high pitched tone that sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks? Are they trained to talk like that, because those who are not Voice Actors speak at a lower, normal pitch.

Why can't many US VAs speak similar to how the Female Japanese VA's speak. Its too bad none of the VAs in the USA can completely imitate the same voice as the Japanese VA's, except in English.

Still racist but I'm going to voice my own thoughts on it. Some American women are able to reach those high pitches but for the most part we have our own mostly European heritage to thank for us talking at a depth that we do. Chalk it up to genetics. There probably is also their language to thank too. The stereotype of europeans and americans is that we mature faster, or at least I think I've read that somewhere. Ever notice that japanese voice actors don't typically get the depth that americans do? You also are listening to it in a different language, what sounds perfectly nice to us, since we don't understand it, might be super terrible for them. Ever listen to an English speaking vocaloid before? They can sound pretty wierd, but to a non-native speaker could be the most heavenly english speaking voice they'll ever hear.

You know what? Lets throw some science into it. Did you know that when women see a guy they like they talk higher? Maybe men are "programmed" to respond favorably to those higher tones. That's why anime girls are so high, because it gets men more attached to them. Sure T&A works too but if your having someone like Jamieson Price voice that female character that probably won't fly very well. Hell you'd probably be super confused, the most awkward boner of your life.

• Too bad for you, the average Japanese women is 464653243546x sexier then the American. Seen it firsthand meself. Even more so now, thanks to the "natural selection" that becomes of a depopulating civilization (declining birth rate).

FOMO my friend, FOMO, indeed.....

• @darthrutsula40 said in Spaceman Hardy is starting to annoy me.:

Sure T&A works too but if your having someone like Jamieson Price voice that female character that probably won't fly very well. Hell you'd probably be super confused, the most awkward boner of your life.

I would be VERY PROUD of that awkward boner thank you very much!

(seriously you ever heard that man's voice, gaht DAMN)

• @classyspartan said in Spaceman Hardy is starting to annoy me.:

@darthrutsula40 said in Spaceman Hardy is starting to annoy me.:

Sure T&A works too but if your having someone like Jamieson Price voice that female character that probably won't fly very well. Hell you'd probably be super confused, the most awkward boner of your life.

I would be VERY PROUD of that awkward boner thank you very much!

(seriously you ever heard that man's voice, gaht DAMN)

Hey man, I won't judge. I too find his voice to be godly. He'd be the flip side to Morgan Freeman imo.

Too bad for you, the average Japanese women is 464653243546x sexier then the American. Seen it firsthand meself. Even more so now, thanks to the "natural selection" that becomes of a depopulating civilization (declining birth rate).

Well luckily for us, exoticism is a thing so if we were to go to Japan as regular white people we'd be more desireable because we are different. I always find this to be interesting.

• And I'm sure the version of Kantai Collection was the broadcast version (like a broadcast dub).

I just kind of find it weird that since Love Live aired in 2016 up to today, the times permission was granted to dub the songs was when there were male vocalists. When its just female vocalists, permission was never granted for some reason. At least this is according to what I observed. aside from Show By Rock Season 1, I can't think of any Funimation anime released on home video or broadcast where any of the Female Funimation voice actors did any kind of singing whatsoever. I don't ever want to heard about case by cases and Funimation not getting permission. It was Funimation's choice not to dub female vocals, either because they think it would ruin the songs, or to save money in order to license and dub more anime. Spaceman hardy really is the devil for silencing my complaints to Funimation.

And this is one of the reasons why I get stressed out in life. Others including disobeying and arguing with people, rules (even arbitrary ones), no one listening to me and being yelled at.

I had to be on medications, but the frustrations I explained above caused me to have episodes of me having outbursts in public, and I even had to stay 9 days in a psychiatric ward at Beth Israel Hospital.

What is even my purpose in life? Should I not watch anime anymore?

• @Spaceshotx7 Do you actually have a therapist? Because that sounds like what you need right now. We've told you multiple times that no one knows. What do you want us to say? "The reason they don't dub songs in english anymore is because it is cheaper not to?" "The voice actors don't feel comfortable in a singing role?" "The artists don't want their songs sung over?" "The music labels don't want their songs sung over?" Would you rather us just not reply to you at all? Do you want us to tell you what you want to hear? Because if you do, please end every post with what you want to hear.

This is obsessive and annoying.

• This post is deleted!

• Haha, man, you are so toxic, Spaceshot. It's honestly incredible that you haven't been banned yet

Chill out and don't worry about it so much. It literally does not matter

And I'm sure the version of Kantai Collection was the broadcast version (like a broadcast dub).

I just kind of find it weird that since Love Live aired in 2016 up to today, the times permission was granted to dub the songs was when there were male vocalists. When its just female vocalists, permission was never granted for some reason. At least this is according to what I observed. aside from Show By Rock Season 1, I can't think of any Funimation anime released on home video or broadcast where any of the Female Funimation voice actors did any kind of singing whatsoever. I don't ever want to heard about case by cases and Funimation not getting permission. It was Funimation's choice not to dub female vocals, either because they think it would ruin the songs, or to save money in order to license and dub more anime. Spaceman hardy really is the devil for silencing my complaints to Funimation.

So this pretty much proves you literally never listen to a god damn thing we've ever said to you, or have been saying to you for the past several months now. Good to know we don't have to bother anymore I guess.

Also dude, real talk, you need to take a step back and breathe, now. We are a public forum of people on the internet trying to chill out and shoot the shit over Japanese cartoons. Talk to someone in your life, or someone who can help you. This is not how you vent your problems and insecurities out. Not here.

• @Riles Funimation is not what it used to be. DVDs/BLU-Rays these days are now more stripped down and more barebones. Episodes that are very much like the broadcast version with songs not dubbed, no English credits, nudity and profanity censored, no directors cut/additional scenes, and very little to no extra features. Days where 95% of songs in singing scenes are over. Just send a long e-mail to Funimation about this.

Is it so Funimation can license and do more broadcast dubs? Do they end up sacrificing features that were present on older DVDs/BLU-Rays back 5+ years ago?

I really am a loser.