Season 3 coming 2018

• So it seems it's been confirmed that it's coming next year. Most likely late next year I think. I'm glad it's not another four years but part of me thinks it's going to get delayed to 2019.

• Probably not. The reason S2 was so delayed was to allow the Manga to get far enough ahead so that there wouldn't be as long as a delay as between S1 & 2. It also looks like S3 will be a 2 cour as the Sea is mentioned in the preview and there are 2 significant story arcs to get us to that scene.

• Hopefully those manga images weren't just ploys for the hype train and the next season will actually progress the story to that point. We saw with the ending animation for this season and Ymir's backstory being skipped ahead that the anime is trying to appeal to current manga readers, since the content they're adapting has already been available for several years. I wouldn't mind if they condensed the upcoming story arcs instead of doing the 1:1 deal they did with this season's pace.

• @Series5Ranger I know it was so the manga to get ahead. That's why I think it'll come 2019 because after season 3 they can most likely do season 4 in a year then after that the anime would be close enough to the manga once again. A two year gap would just seem easier.

• @MidnightAoshi said in Season 3 coming 2018:

@Series5Ranger I know it was so the manga to get ahead. That's why I think it'll come 2019 because after season 3 they can most likely do season 4 in a year then after that the anime would be close enough to the manga once again. A two year gap would just seem easier.

technically you are already getting a a 2 year gap on stories, as the manga is still running, and next season is still going to be before the current "War" arc, so if they take a year break after that season too, you'll still have enough of a buffer. It's the same reason why Fate / Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya was released the way it was.