Microsoft Update KB4022719 - - Beware.

• Hello all,

Beware, this update builds upon KB4019265, AND, KB4019265 BUILDS upon the ignominious KB4019264 which gave us that infamous "newsfeed" garbage. Bottom line, even though i set my Windows Updates to hide update 4019264, because i got the newest “rollup”, 4019264 was re-incarnated like Naraku and the annoying newsfeed link when you open a new tab returned! Suffice it to say, since Microsoft can’t seem to separate out this “newsfeed” feature from even newer updates, anything that indicates a ‘Monthly Rollup’ OR ‘Monthly Quality Rollup’ - - I will NOT be installing.

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• The newest rendition of what i now call the monthly "fruit rollup" has been released: KB4025341. I would NOT recommend installing this as it will most likely give you that unwanted newsfeed. Microsoft really needs to figure out a way to extricate this newsfeed for those who do not want it, but, may still want the other aspects of the "monthly quality rollup". We'll see how that goes... (laughs) ;-)

Concluding, i've really discussed this issue more than i should have, and, this will probably be my last post on this; keep in mind though, if you see anything entitled, "Monthly Rollup" OR "Security Monthly Quality Rollup", you will be staring down the prospect of a newsfeed altering your browser.

Take care,
    P.J.

• What Newsfeed? I'm not getting any at all. Then again I don't use IE or Edge so there's that

• @Series5Ranger said in Microsoft Update KB4022719 - - Beware.:

Then again I don't use IE or Edge so there's that

It's in Edge.
    You can also shut it off in the "Settings".

• Hi Nobu,

The problem (at least with IE 11) is that yes, you can adjust tab settings in this regard, however, if you have this update, when you open a new tab, they have "burned in" a hyperlink in the top right corner of the page that will allow anyone to unwittingly engage the option again - - very annoying. What's troubling about this is, Microsoft was outright determined to give us this "newsfeed" (for whatever reason) and had the nerve to classify it under security. I can justify say, the Malicious Software Removal Tool as a security update, but, a stupid newsfeed - - no way.

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• I agree.
    It's one of the reasons I will never use MS's various "Internet Exploiter"s by default.
    No matter how cute Inori is. ;-)

• Hi Nobu,

Awww... You remembered that i have the Inori Aizawa browser... (tsundere) Inori is adorable though! ;-; Kind of reminds me a little of Yui from K-ON!.

Outside of Inori's fashion, what was nice is that i found out about many anime trade sources. They have subsequently done away with that (watch they didn't have full permissions) (laughs) however, i did bookmark sites that were of particular interest and probably should check back in on them.

Sincerely,
    P.J.