E3 2017

• @SpacemanHardy said in E3 2017:

On the OTHER hand, the company that's actually making the game, Arc System Works, has been very inconsistent with dubbing their games lately.

Would this not be up to the publisher? In this case it's Bandai Namco who I think has most Dragon Ball games anyway.

• @classyspartan said in E3 2017:

FighterZ had Funimation's logo at the end of the trailer. I'm pretty sure it's gonna get dubbed.

@classyspartan Well One Peice does to for there video game, so that really does mean anything...

• pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

JUST TAKE MY FREAKING WALLET

Splatoon 2. ARMS. Mario Odyssey. Xenoblade 2. Fire Emblem Warriors. NEW KIRBY GAME TOO!

AND METROID PRIME..........4!

Just......dammit just take it okay?

Bummed about no footage of Last of Us 2 and I gotta say the fact that they thought Undertale on PS4 WASN'T worth Front Stage coverage yet ELDER SCROLLS VR WAS.....is kind of baffling to me.

........I didn't tune in to a lot for this, as I am not as up on games as I am anime and film but...

HOW HOW HOW DID I NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS!

I am freaking psyched, I know this game gets a hard rap because of the community but I am so going to be buying this. The game is unbelievably good.

And dang it. I want the collectors edition just for the locket.

pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

Splatoon 2. ARMS. Mario Odyssey. Xenoblade 2. Fire Emblem Warriors. NEW KIRBY GAME TOO!

I didn't find these games to be that exciting. The best parts from Nintendo's panel was Metroid 4 and a pokemon RPG for switch but its not like they brought a trailer for them. No mention of Smash Switch (assuming we ARE getting one), nothing about Monster Hunter Switch (though this is coming to the eighth gen platforms), nothing in general from the third party Japanese devs. Yea we are getting Rocket League and Minecraft but what about other popular titles? Switch is still young, I get that, but we need more than first party games and ports of games everyone already have.

• @darthrutsula40 said in E3 2017:

@classyspartan said in E3 2017:

pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

I didn't find these games to be that exciting. The best parts from Nintendo's panel was Metroid 4 and a pokemon RPG for switch but its not like they brought a trailer for them. No mention of Smash Switch (assuming we ARE getting one), nothing about Monster Hunter Switch (though this is coming to the eighth gen platforms), nothing in general from the third party Japanese devs. Yea we are getting Rocket League and Minecraft but what about other popular titles? Switch is still young, I get that, but we need more than first party games and ports of games everyone already have.

@darthrutsula40 Well there getting WWE2K18 if your a wrestling fan... This will be the 1st time Nintendo will have a wrestling game in YEARS! Most of the WWE Game are only for the PS and Xbox the days but now I guess Nintendo finally got WWE to give then a version of the 2K Game with PS and Xbox still getting there version of course...

• I really appreciate how Nintendo and Microsoft are fine with cross-play between other consoles (with Rocket League and Minecraft) but Sony's not.

I also wish Nintendo didn't announce Metroid Prime 4 or Pokemon Switch today.

pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

I agree with you. Though to be honest many of the niche Japanese-y titles I like usually don't get center stage at these kinds of things. That's honestly why I'm amazed that things like Monster Hunter World and Dragon Ball FighterZ even got center stage as they did. Though I'm still looking forward to Danganronpa V3 most of all, or any and all future Persona spin-offs.

But hey it's what it is.

• @gohan6425 said in E3 2017:

@darthrutsula40 said in E3 2017:

pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

@darthrutsula40 Well there getting WWE2K18 if your a wrestling fan... This will be the 1st time Nintendo will have a wrestling game in YEARS! Most of the WWE Game are only for the PS and Xbox the days but now I guess Nintendo finally got WWE to give then a version of the 2K Game with PS and Xbox still getting there version of course...

Very few self-respecting gamers care about any sort of sports game.

@Doublethree100 said in E3 2017:

I really appreciate how Nintendo and Microsoft are fine with cross-play between other consoles (with Rocket League and Minecraft) but Sony's not.

Really? Cuz I thought it was Microsoft that was being difficult with the cross play. Sony has crossed servers with PC with some games. Though I guess Microsoft too... IDK, its probably in Microsoft's and Sony's best interest to not cross play their services. Destiny would be a really good candidate for that cross play but since PS has a few exclusives it wouldn't happen I don't think.

pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

I agree with you. Though to be honest many of the niche Japanese-y titles I like usually don't get center stage at these kinds of things. That's honestly why I'm amazed that things like Monster Hunter World and Dragon Ball FighterZ even got center stage as they did. Though I'm still looking forward to Danganronpa V3 most of all, or any and all future Persona spin-offs.

But hey it's what it is.

I'd say MH and DB would be mainstream enough to get center stage. I mean Code Vein was trailered in MSFT panel and that is a new IP from Bamco. I think its because of the developers behind them, Bandai/Namco and Capcom, those two are world renown. I feel like the JP devs know what they are doing the best.

@gohan6425 said in E3 2017:

pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

I really appreciate how Nintendo and Microsoft are fine with cross-play between other consoles (with Rocket League and Minecraft) but Sony's not.

Really? Cuz I thought it was Microsoft that was being difficult with the cross play. Sony has crossed servers with PC with some games. Though I guess Microsoft too... IDK, its probably in Microsoft's and Sony's best interest to not cross play their services. Destiny would be a really good candidate for that cross play but since PS has a few exclusives it wouldn't happen I don't think.

pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

But hey it's what it is.

I'd say MH and DB would be mainstream enough to get center stage. I mean Code Vein was trailered in MSFT panel and that is a new IP from Bamco. I think its because of the developers behind them, Bandai/Namco and Capcom, those two are world renown. I feel like the JP devs know what they are doing the best.

@darthrutsula40 Uh why don't you ask that to Wrestling Fans that!? There is BIG gamer following when it come to WWE Wrestling Games...

Both Rocket League and Minecraft got cross-play announced for all platforms they're on except Playstation.

• @Doublethree100 said in E3 2017:

Both Rocket League and Minecraft got cross-play announced for all platforms they're on except Playstation.

How would that work since Rocket League is cross play between PC and PS4? Do PC players get to pick who they play against?

Based on my understanding its not like you can have a team consisting of varying platforms, and then you also can't carry a voice chat cross-platforms too. Idk about Minecraft though, and I have a feeling that Minecraft probably isn't as popular on the PS, but that's just conjecture from me.

pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

But hey it's what it is.

@darthrutsula40 Uh why don't you ask that to Wrestling Fans that!? There is BIG gamer following when it come to WWE Wrestling Games...

I'd be more than willing to change my opinions on sports games if they change from an annual release to a biannual or even a triannual release. The fact that its just another 60$ to buy an "updated" game every year is why so many people do not like EA (and 2K as well). Is it really so hard to just patch a game like a lot of PC games?

How would that work since Rocket League is cross play between PC and PS4? Do PC players get to pick who they play against?

just basing off their blog post

Online Multiplayer supports up to eight players, and Cross-Network play will be supported as well, allowing Switch players to hit the field with players on Steam and Xbox One.

Based on my understanding its not like you can have a team consisting of varying platforms, and then you also can't carry a voice chat cross-platforms too. Idk about Minecraft though, and I have a feeling that Minecraft probably isn't as popular on the PS, but that's just conjecture from me.

pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

pulls out wallet

ALRIGHT NINTENDO

But hey it's what it is.

I'd be more than willing to change my opinions on sports games if they change from an annual release to a biannual or even a triannual release. The fact that its just another 60$ to buy an "updated" game every year is why so many people do not like EA (and 2K as well). Is it really so hard to just patch a game like a lot of PC games?

@darthrutsula40 Alot of Sport Gamers like 2K better then EA. ALOT of NFL Football Fans/Gamers WANTED EA to lose the Exclusive License Football to NFL. So 2K can start doing Football Games again. That did one back in 2005 for the PS2 which at the time was $30.00 vs. the $50.00 EA Madden 2005 was doing that year. And NFL 2K 2005 TRIPLE in sale and EA Madden did sale did shited that year. After that year EA purchased the exclusive license rights from the NFL so no other sports gaming company could make an NFL football video game again other than them. That how much EA was scray shitly! How old are even comparisons on YouTube from today's EA game 2K 2005 game and how much a 2005 2K game is better.

https://youtu.be/RWC4IwAgOes Here a comparison of NFL2K 2005 versus NFL Madden 2015.

• @gohan6425 Wait, you mean to tell me that EA used underhanded, anticompetitive, tactics to get exclusive rights to making a particular series of games?

As it is I can't believe that Disney let them get the Star Wars license. So we'll get some good bombass movies but garbage games... Oh boy it sure does suck to actually like Star Wars games. At least Bioware is decent as a developer but EA calls their shots.

EA is widely considered the worst company in America.

@gohan6425 Wait, you mean to tell me that EA used underhanded, anticompetitive, tactics to get exclusive rights to making a particular series of games?

As it is I can't believe that Disney let them get the Star Wars license. So we'll get some good bombass movies but garbage games... Oh boy it sure does suck to actually like Star Wars games. At least Bioware is decent as a developer but EA calls their shots.

EA is widely considered the worst company in America.

@darthrutsula40 Well... It kind of OLD news but https://www.gamespot.com/articles/big-deal-ea-and-nfl-ink-exclusive-licensing-agreement/1100-6114977/ here a news article that 1st talk about the deal back in 2005 when it 1st happen about the exclusive rights deal to EA... MANY NFL Fans and Football Gamer of the NFL HATE that EA had it. B/c after EA got the rights that SLOWLY start to make there game shited. Of what made the EA Madden NFL Football video game great to begin with. Which is why I myself stop buying EA NFL Madden NFL Football Video Game. B/c all EA care about is update the Online Game Play not updating the Season Mode or the Superstar mode. Back in Madden 2006 that had a Voice Over of Former NFL Football Player a real one who would be your Mentor and that got rid of that after 1 year. In Season Mode that used to have a Radio show starting in Madden 2005 which after Madden 2007 that got rid of that.

This is the 2015 news http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/6/20/8806841/ea-sports-retains-exclusive-rights-to-make-madden-nfl-video-game b/c 2015 there license was up but somehow where able to get it back in places... Football Fans/Gamers where piss about this!

• @gohan6425 BTW (just watched the DBFZ trailer) you were saying it wasn't that graphically compelling. I'd say this is a product of the engine they chose to use (Unreal Engine 4). If you want simply outrageous graphics that'd blow everything out of the water you'd want CryEngine (though Decima is pretty BA too) Unreal and Unity feel a bit more cartoony imo, but that is something you'd want in a game based on an anime. Not to mention that Unreal isn't nearly as power hungry as CryEngine.

I won't get it though, I like the ARPG that is Xenoverse. I'm not one who likes 2.5D fighting, too much for me. As much as I love soulcaliber I get my ass handed to me. I did and will (again) pick up Pokken tournament though since that is a game that feels more my speed, its a lot less mechanical focus imo, but has the same amount of seemless movement that soulcaliber has. Smash is a good "easy" fighting game too. A lot less stick movement reliant. Never was able to do the z movements or the straight across ones. Smash is a lot more forgiving in that regard.

I liked Xenoverse 1 but, in an ARPG, I like having big (size) enemies to shoot at as opposed to those that are my size. Nothing more fun than fighting an actual dragon.

Also if using something like Unreal 4 instead of a proprietary engine (which I think the xenoverses used) you minimize how badly a game will perform across all platforms, most notably when its a console port to a PC. And based on my understanding it would be the same coding across all platforms, you wouldn't need to translate it so much going from one to another, something that isn't so easy on proprietary engines that are pretty much console specific. Though given that the Xbone is Windows 10 I'm not sure about how much different it is compared to a pc, and the PS4 I keep reading is also similar architecture so I'm just not sure about this.

• Monster Hunter is also coming to Xbox...

• As for Dragon Ball FighterZ being dubbed or not, just think of it like this. The Console/PC titles get dubbed, 3DS titles don't. The 3DS titles are like budget releases for Bamco, as they don't sell the same amount as the home console/pc releases.

• FighterZ has been confirmed to be getting dubbed already.