E3 2017

• Okay so I've been watching the streams for a while. Nothing good has come up...

UNTIL SONY CAME ON STAGE AND TOOK MY FRIGGIN WALLET, CREDIT CARDS, CHECKS, AND IDENTITY. HORIZON ZERO DAWN FROZEN WILDS AND A MONSTER HUNTER THAT I DON'T THINK ANYONE WAS EXPECTING? THE MOMENT I SAW MONSTER HUNTER MY FRIEND'S PHONE BATTERY DIED FROM THE SPAM I SENT HIM.

I mean... yes the Xbox One X is good and all but they don't have like any good games.

BUT WE ARE GETTING AN HD MONSTER HUNTER AND MORE OF PROBABLY THIS YEAR'S ORIGINAL IP GOTY. THIS IS SO EXCITING FOR ME OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Anything that anyone else saw and got all excited about, yet?

Sony knocked it right out of the park though. They won the Eighth Console War, now they are driving that nail down farther.

• Also sounds like we are getting a Yuri Lowenthal Spider Man game.

• @darthrutsula40 said in E3 2017:

Also sounds like we are getting a Yuri Lowenthal Spider Man game.

I am okay with this.

Bummed about no footage of Last of Us 2 and I gotta say the fact that they thought Undertale on PS4 WASN'T worth Front Stage coverage yet ELDER SCROLLS VR WAS.....is kind of baffling to me.

Sony underpreformed in their press conference, and Ubisoft and Microsoft had solid showings. What a crazy time line this is........

Although EA's still sucked, so that constant will always give me comfort.

• @classyspartan said in E3 2017:

Sony underpreformed in their press conference

I prefer their approach this year to last year's almost 3 hour conference showing a ton of games still not out. They should have held some of the games from last year from now like Spiderman, God of War or Days Gone. Would have made this year much better.

• Sony underpreformed in their press conference, and Ubisoft and Microsoft had solid showings. What a crazy time line this is........

I won't deny that I didn't see MSFT's but Ubisoft from what I remember I think, they didn't really have much.

I have problems with a lot of American developers. EA has a habit of making SO GOD DAMN MUCH DLC. Ubisoft doesn't like to finish their games, I WAS on board with Assassin's Creed before they decided to make it annual releases. MSFT seems to enjoy being all about multiplayer, their one game that looked competent was canceled like a week before its release date (Scalebound).

Sony, imo, has their shit together. Nintendo has their thing tomorrow but... like all I want is coming to PS4 so... I don't need my switch any more.

• I was actually underwhelmed with the Sony conference this year; nothing really stood out for me. Guess it's because I'm not a first-person viewpoint game kind of guy.

The big Sony-related highlight for me actually came well before the conference, and that was the new Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay trailer.

• There may be still hope for a Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer, even if it's 30 seconds long.

• Sorry Microsoft, while the specs of the XBox One X are great, that $499 price tag, not so much...

• I heard that at E3 they announce new "Dragonball Z game called Dragonball Z fighters" is this true????

• @gohan6425 yep! For the PS4, Xbox One, and PC to be released in Early 2018. The title is Dragonball Fighter Z. It's going to be made by the same people who made Guilty Gear Xrd using Unreal Engine 4 to emulate the 2.5D fighting style.

• @gohan6425 I think they would English Dub it since it's a Dragon Ball game.

• @SpacemanHardy said in E3 2017:

@gohan6425 It is indeed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBI0MU73nlc

@SpacemanHardy Hmmm. The graphics don't nearly look as good as its predecessor Xenoverse please tell me it's getting an English dub I did not see any English acting done in that trailer?

• @gohan6425 said in E3 2017:

please tell me it's getting an English dub

so far there's no confirmation either way.

• @gohan6425 The fact that its going to be on the Xbox One all but assures it'll be dubbed.

@gohan6425 The fact that its going to be on the Xbox One all but assures it'll be dubbed.

@darthrutsula40 What about the PS4?

• @gohan6425 said in E3 2017:

@darthrutsula40 said in E3 2017:

@gohan6425 The fact that its going to be on the Xbox One all but assures it'll be dubbed.

It'll be PC Xbox and PS, I am saying that because it is on the Xbox it'll be dubbed for all versions. I can't name one AAA title on the Xbox that isn't English dubbed. The Xbox did absolutely terrible in Japan and I doubt the X1X will lift it up, so a Japanese developer making a game there isn't thinking that many people will buy it there.

I know that its coming to all three platforms, I'm saying you don't make a game on the Xbox and not have either a global or American audience in mind, and Americans mostly don't know that DB is Japanese.

@gohan6425 said in E3 2017:

@darthrutsula40 said in E3 2017:

It'll be PC Xbox and PS, I am saying that because it is on the Xbox it'll be dubbed for all versions. I can't name one AAA title on the Xbox that isn't English dubbed. The Xbox did absolutely terrible in Japan and I doubt the X1X will lift it up, so a Japanese developer making a game there isn't thinking that many people will buy it there.

I know that its coming to all three platforms, I'm saying you don't make a game on the Xbox and not have either a global or American audience in mind, and Americans mostly don't know that DB is Japanese.

Uh???? Well then explain the Attack on Titan game? That was made for the Xbox yet he didn't get an English dub...

• @gohan6425 The graphics are done that way on purpose. I think they wanted to give it a different look kind of like when they made the super dragon ball z fighting game on the ps2 the graphics didn't look like they did on the budokai games.

• On the one hand, Dragon Ball is certainly a popular enough franchise to merit the costs of a dub. Most - but not all - of the games that have been released over here in the States have been dubbed. And Funimation is listed among the developers near the end of the trailer.

On the OTHER hand, the company that's actually making the game, Arc System Works, has been very inconsistent with dubbing their games lately. They gave Guilty Gear Xrd a dub, but not its direct sequel Xrd Revelator. And after eight years of dubbing the BlazBlue series, they decided NOT to dub the final entry Central Fiction. They didn't even bother telling the English voice actors that they were no longer needed.

So at this point, all we can do is speculate. Personally, I think if demand is high enough, it will get a dub, but for right now it's still too early to be seen.

• FighterZ had Funimation's logo at the end of the trailer. I'm pretty sure it's gonna get dubbed.