Strange addiction to Masamune’s Revenge and Fuuka...

• Hello all,

I don’t know... I seem to be strangely addicted to these two shows. For example, there are certain episodes of both of these series that i seem to watch over and over again (in particular) episode 8 of Masamune’s Revenge timestamp from 10:30 - 16:00, and, Fuuka, episode 8, from 21:30 - 22:30. It’s to the place where i can’t seem to watch anything new because these shows have me so captivated. Has anyone else found this to be the case? Almost as if Funimation has infused these shows with an addictive substance, lol. Seriously though, the writing for both these shows is just outstanding. I constantly put myself into the storylines thinking, “What would i have done here?” What can i say? I guess i’m just a hopeless romantic (laughs) {:-D

Would anyone happen to know when these are slated for DVD/Blu Ray?

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• There are a few scenes from attack on titan this season that I have watched over and over, it's just too good

• Hi Emdier,

Good to be speaking with you once again. Now, how would you characterize the way those episodes impacted you? Any specifics?

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• @P.J. said in Strange addiction to Masamune’s Revenge and Fuuka...:

Hi Emdier,

Good to be speaking with you once again. Now, how would you characterize the way those episodes impacted you? Any specifics?

Sincerely,
    P.J.

I do tend to pick out scenes and watch them repeatedly as I feel some of them, there is always something new to notice, the animators really go through a lot of trouble making these scenes as complex as they can.

For the scenes in this seasons Attack on Titan, I think the soundtrack plays a HUGE part. The music for this series really is incredible, and the soundtrack for one of the big scenes which can be heard here, is simply amazing and had not been released elsewhere at this point.

But the scenes I pick out are, normally, ones that are either highly emotional or extremely action packed.

Scenes like this one from Clannad After Story Episode 22, the final episode of Mawaru Penguindrum or Romeo and Juliet's last stand in Romeo x Juliet, are all ones that did strongly resonate with me emotionally and I consider them to be very good scenes.

Then we have action ones like Gon vs Hisoka, as well as many Killua scenes in Hunter x Hunter, Mustang vs Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, the last fight from Sword of the Stranger, and a number of the fights from Garden of Sinners where I just think they're amazing, and I quite like watching them.

I'm not sure why it happens, why I like seeing some scenes over and over (This happens with other shows like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, for particularly cool scenes) but I certainly understand what you're talking about when you say you watch them repeatedly!

• Hi Emdier,

The attention to detail is pretty remarkable; in the timestamp section for Masamune's Revenge, i remember making note of subtleties the creator weaved in. For example, when Neko held down his hand so that he could not object to her advance, the way she gently cradled his face assuring him that her attendant would be away for the day, not to mention how she ever so gently placed her hand on his chest and then guided him down onto her bed - - very seductive. I also made note of when she scrunched her hand in disgust of him spurning her for Aki. FUNimation bringing us anime with compelling scenes, like just outlined, is really an area where they excel.

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• I watched a few episodes of Fuuka awhile back but decided it wasn't really my thing. I'll have to check out Masamune's Revenge though.

Two recent shows I've got a ton of mileage from are Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Girls Und Panzer. I've probably done 4-5 passes on each one so far.

It's great when you find a show that you can watch over and over again, because your brain starts breaking down all of the elements involved instead of just enjoying the story, then you begin to appreciate it on a deeper level.

• Farph explains,

"I watched a few episodes of Fuuka awhile back but decided it wasn't really my thing."

I think there is going to be a new bumper sticker:

"FARPH FOR FUUKA 2020"

Oh, yeah! (picture that sounding like the Kool-Aid man) :-D

Sincerely,
    P.J.