watching subbed?

• so, i like watching my anime subbed. i just think the lines, in general, are better. i know its kind of insulting to dubbers, but thats not why. your lines have to match the lip flaps to the origional, whereas the original didnt have the limitation. some lines just come out more forced and less fluid than in the original language, as a result, the translations tend to be more accurate and make more sense.

so my issue now is, is that for some reason, episodes that have a dub, i cant watch subbed. when i change the audio to Japanese, the option to have CC on literally disapears. i have no issues with this until subscribing, but i had to subscribe to continue watching the show. how can i watch things in Japanese, with English subtitles? and again, the option to have subtitles literally disappears for me when i switch to Japanese, so please take that into account before suggestion turning on CC in the options for the video... trust me it doesnt work

• your lines have to match the lip flaps to the origional, whereas the original didnt have the limitation.

Trust me, they don't always match in the JP dubs too.

• @darthrutsula40 said in watching subbed?:

your lines have to match the lip flaps to the origional, whereas the original didnt have the limitation.

Trust me, they don't always match in the JP dubs too.

If anything, they match up even less than they do in English.

• Hmm whenever I choose Japanese as an audio option the subtitles appear automatically.

0_1497234709104_Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 10.30.42 PM.jpg

Can you tell us the show/episode?

Maybe try going to My Account > Preferences > Subtitles and Closed Captioning and try different settings.

• @MyOnlyFarph didnt work, could you try watching tokyo ghoul episode 13? its possible that it might be the episode?

• @MyOnlyFarph actually, i tried it with the show you displayed and my subtitles worked fine there, so it must be tokyo ghoul thats messed up, which thankfully, due to some issues i had earlier with it, there is already a support ticket going through for it

• Yeah looks like a problem specific to that series. Same issue with episode 14. I guess until it's fixed you could put it on hold or give the dub a try.