ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWER! A Gurren Lagann Discussion Thread

• Since there's no Gurren Lagann thread. I decided to make one.

ANIPLEX USA today announced a 10th Anniversary Box Set. I wish that I have the money to afford the new boxset. Doe anyone have Gurren Lagann?

• I bought the Bandai set the moment Aniplex first announced they has rescued Gurren Lagann several years ago

• I wish I could afford the Blu-ray Box Set because Gurren Lagann is my favorite anime series of all time.

• I have the Bandai set as well. The series is a favorite of mine

• I bought the original Anime Classics set on DVD shortly after it was announced Bandai was going out of business. Paid all of $30 for it, if I recall correctly.

I also imported the ultimate collector's edition bluray set from the UK. It comes in a really nice large chipboard box with a hefty hardcover art book, and all for a fraction of what Aniplex was charging at the time.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I ever give one red cent to AoA.

• @SpacemanHardy said in ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWER! A Gurren Lagann Discussion Thread:

I bought the original Anime Classics set on DVD shortly after it was announced Bandai was going out of business. Paid all of $30 for it, if I recall correctly.

I also imported the ultimate collector's edition bluray set from the UK. It comes in a really nice large chipboard box with a hefty hardcover art book, and all for a fraction of what Aniplex was charging at the time.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I ever give one red cent to AoA.

@SpacemanHardy I though Aniplex of American only pick up animes from there Aniplex Titles?

• @gohan6425 Gurren Lagann has always been an Aniplex produced title. It was licensed by Bandai back before Aniplex of America came into existence.

When Bandai went out of business, the rights reverted back to Aniplex of Japan, allowing AoA to snatch it up for themselves and release it at a MUCH higher price point.

• The 10th Anniversary Box Set goes for $189.99 (which includes all 27 episodes plus the 2 movies)

• @Zethus said in ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWER! A Gurren Lagann Discussion Thread:

The 10th Anniversary Box Set goes for $189.99 (which includes all 27 episodes plus the 2 movies)

Still a ripoff for what it is. Anime Limited in the UK has a complete collection that comes with the TV series and movies for only £29.99 (a little over $38). That's over a hundred dollars less than the AoA release even at sale price, and even comes with a special 40 page booklet that the US release doesn't get.

Granted, you have to have either a region B or region free bluray play to use it, but one of those is well worth the investment anyways.

• @SpacemanHardy said in ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWER! A Gurren Lagann Discussion Thread:

@gohan6425 Gurren Lagann has always been an Aniplex produced title. It was licensed by Bandai back before Aniplex of America came into existence.

When Bandai went out of business, the rights reverted back to Aniplex of Japan, allowing AoA to snatch it up for themselves and release it at a MUCH higher price point.

@SpacemanHardy So basicly Aniplex would have got anyway. Just much slowing then it would have been had that Bandai not when bankrupt is basicly what your saying...

• Aniplex and Konami both produced the series. Which yeah I love Gurren Lagann also but the prices are ridiculous and the things teased have been a let down so far.

• I wish that I had the money to buy it or Aniplex to send a review copy. I know that is wishful thinking but I can dream, can i?

• @Zethus We can all dream for it. Does the box set come with a art book or something else other than the show and movies do you know?

• @MidnightAoshi Well, it's basically a cheaper edition of the Ultimate Blu-Ray Edition only with the Artbook and Parallel Works removed.

• @Zethus I really hope that's not what their twitter page was teasing then. Since that's really disappointing if you don't get anything new.

• According to Crunchyroll's post of the announcement, the store price is $150. I don't know what SRP means. It also says "Bonus contents subject to change," so there's still a chance more stuff could be added to the package.

• @GalaxyCrisis said in ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWER! A Gurren Lagann Discussion Thread:

I don't know what SRP means.

It's Suggested Retail Price. It means that is the price that the company suggests retailers sell it for. Some will go a bit less, others more, but that is sort of the average you can expect.

• It's an exclusive to Aniplex's store, which suck for Amazon shoppers like me.

• @Zethus So "store price" basically means the price on their home site. If the MSRP was $10 more than that I would probably say it would be a good competitive rate, but a $30 difference? Not so much.

• All I going to said is regardless of how much it cost if you're a big fan of the series you should buy it. Save up your money or whatever and buy it. Also @Zethus maybe an Amazon shopper but that doesn't necessarily mean as I told you before you always have to buy everything on Amazon if you want the exclusive deal offer you're going to have to expand your Rison on where to buy things. Now I know @SpacemanHardy May disagree with this but even if it being and Aniplex title if you're a fan of the series buy it because it will be the only way to change their methods. And you're supporting the official release. I personally am not a fan of this anime series I watched it on to Toonami and did not really enjoy it but if you guys really save up your money and buy it.

• @GalaxyCrisis I just hope that it actually goes on amazon.