How come the DVD uncut version of Three leaves, Three Colors is exactly the same as the Simucast version?

• I watched the DVD uncut version of Three Leaves, Three Colors episode 2 on Funimation.com, and there are zero changes made. Seems like you used the exact simulcast material.

Even the credits are still in Japanese. Is this a new thing where Funimation no longer puts English credits in? why?

It seems like what will be released on Home video these days are the simudub versions of anime, rather than the Uncut versions.

• @Spaceshotx7 I mean, it isn't exactly like the simulcast version; at the very least, they added a black and white English credit scroll at the end.

In this case, I'd just chalk it up to the Japanese production companies not giving them the creditless OP and ED in order for them to make English credits. It's not something that's going to affect every title. I just checked the first episode of Endride, and it has English credits. And if they're willing to go through the effort for THAT piece of junk, then you can rest assured that they plan to do it for as many titles as they are able.

It seems like Three Leaves just got the short end of the stick, that's all.

• I wouldn't assume that what you see on the site is what you will get on home video. After all, streaming rights and home video rights are two separate licenses. also, what kind of changes were you expecting, other than credits?

• @Getchman I think credits are it. I don't think this is a show with anything censored and usually animation fixes are needed for later episodes not episode 2 so I can't think of anything else.

• Also what you get on streams isn't exactly what you'd get on blu-rays, Blu-rays just flat out look better.

• @SpacemanHardy said in How come the DVD uncut version of Three leaves, Three Colors is exactly the same as the Simucast version?:

@Spaceshotx7 I mean, it isn't exactly like the simulcast version; at the very least, they added a black and white English credit scroll at the end.

In this case, I'd just chalk it up to the Japanese production companies not giving them the creditless OP and ED in order for them to make English credits. It's not something that's going to affect every title. I just checked the first episode of Endride, and it has English credits. And if they're willing to go through the effort for THAT piece of junk, then you can rest assured that they plan to do it for as many titles as they are able.

It seems like Three Leaves just got the short end of the stick, that's all.

Is this a new Credit format, where just like what Sentai Filmworks was doing, instead of replacing the Japanese credit text with the English text, they just do a generic credit role after the episode preview at the end of the episode? Is this now the new standard in all Funimation titles from this point or day Forward?

• @Spaceshotx7

ok, this right here, this is what gets folks upset at you. you clearly ignored what he said about Endride. had you actually paid attention to him, and me as well, then you wouldn't be jumping to crazy conclusions. Please, pay attention to what people are telling you

• @Spaceshotx7 said in How come the DVD uncut version of Three leaves, Three Colors is exactly the same as the Simucast version?:

Is this a new Credit format, where just like what Sentai Filmworks was doing, instead of replacing the Japanese credit text with the English text, they just do a generic credit role after the episode preview at the end of the episode? Is this now the new standard in all Funimation titles from this point or day Forward?

No.

• I don't know why it seem to appear than on some anime released on DVD in the past month, the opening and closing credit sequences didn't have the English Funimation production credits.

Its always nice to know who the cast was, as well as all the staff involved in the production.

On the Aniplex, NISA, and Ponycanyon dvds, there are no English credits at all, and I don't know why that is?