TERRIBLE service and not keeping to the sales word

• Case Closed.
    Thank you for your time.

• Yes, admittedly, the site does have its flaws. My main gripes are accessibility of Elite Membership content on my phone and on my console (there is none).
    How's your internet connection? I've rarely had issues with buffering HD (though there's been a recent issue with trying to stream videos through Chrome).

• FYI, BBB can't do anything(Not thay anything needs done, sounds like you're just being whiny and impatient). They are not a governmental organization, and have no actual power to do anything.

• If the $7.95 charge for the free trail period went through even though you supposedly cancelled the subscription service before it should have renewed, then simply submit a Support ticket to the Billing Department about the issue. After which dispute the charge with your bank.

• @Jadartse07:

Yes, admittedly, the site does have its flaws. My main gripes are accessibility of Elite Membership content on my phone and on my console (there is none).
    How's your internet connection? I've rarely had issues with buffering HD (though there's been a recent issue with trying to stream videos through Chrome).

I have Addressed that to the site admin CJ with a flawless 50mbit connection. As for the browser how about over 3.
    As for the connection problem this has been going on for a long time apparently. see the BBB link bellow.

@CelestialKnight:

FYI, BBB can't do anything(Not thay anything needs done, sounds like you're just being whiny and impatient). They are not a governmental organization, and have no actual power to do anything.

Yes they can. The company can be flagged (In a major bad way) which can harm their rep if they wish to do so.
    http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/animation-mechanics-display-sign/funimation-entertainment-in-flower-mound-tx-90387970

@Soul_Chaos:

If the $7.95 charge for the free trail period went through even though you supposedly cancelled the subscription service before it should have renewed, then simply submit a Support ticket to the Billing Department about the issue. After which dispute the charge with your bank.

I'd love to submit a ticket that actually gets answered but in the past doing so has not yielded an answer for well over 2 weeks.
    As for dealing with the money, as soon as the credit card charge goes through with the company it is their responsibility to honor the agreement.

This is not a fuss, this is taking action. If all you do is hide and cower and give up of coarse nothing will get done.
    I came here to enjoy the site service but all I got was a whole l…oo...tt.t...tt.. buffering lot of buffering problems and a whole lot of no reply.
    It was only till i started a topic on the Elite Forums (which non-subscribers can't access or look at until you subscribe and BTW is FULL of complaints) that the problem was being addressed.

• So you want to report Funi to this BBB because you personally are not satisfied with the site, therefore that makes Funi as a whole a horrible company!?

….... Yeah... No.

• @Soundmonkey44:

So you want to report Funi to this BBB because you personally are not satisfied with the site, therefore that makes Funi as a whole a horrible company!?

….... Yeah... No.

Goodness your not reading. I unsubscribed because of their terrible streaming service.

I am getting after them because they have not refunded the $7.99 per the 30 day trial agreement.

Next time read before posting.
    Kind of a bad example your leading here being a Moderator and all…

• Are you supposed to be refunded immediately after cancellation or are you refunded when the 30 day trial period is supposed to run out

Also, less serious question, what kind of angry condescending garbage are you people writing in your tickets? I submitted a ticket after I accidentally made a double purchase on a combo pack in the store, and I got a reply and a refund/cancellation on one of the orders within 48 hours

• First off the free trial for this site is 14 days not 30. And which payment method you put down just puts a hold on the money and if you cancel within the trail it should take the hold off the money.

CJ and Sophie both are nice people and most of the Funimation support staff are awesome people. I know sometimes the tickets take some time definitely the last few months after the release of the new site (meaning the new look and player). But as a consumer I tend to give them the time due to the fact that most of my support tickets went through within a few hours and got resolved.

I know that the site has some buffer issues but there is fixes on the forums and if they don't work try restarting your router or something. For a site that has really only been around for a few years Its doing well.

Any way I like Funimation's service and i am happy that I can watch anime for the price so that I can support them and still get to watch and enjoy.

• @Riles:

Are you supposed to be refunded immediately after cancellation or are you refunded when the 30 day trial period is supposed to run out

Also, less serious question, what kind of angry condescending garbage are you people writing in your tickets? I submitted a ticket after I accidentally made a double purchase on a combo pack in the store, and I got a reply and a refund/cancellation on one of the orders within 48 hours

I have given them 7 days. After a certain amount of time of dealing with such a matter the problem would not be solved and thus the company would not be liable to refund.

As for filing a ticket first off I did it with the hope of the problem being solved. But after waiting two weeks I think that was it.
    Were you expecting me to wait till i paid for another month just so they would reply? Are you nuts?

@matrich99:

First off the free trial for this site is 14 days not 30. And which payment method you put down just puts a hold on the money and if you cancel within the trail it should take the hold off the money.

CJ and Sophie both are nice people and most of the Funimation support staff are awesome people. I know sometimes the tickets take some time definitely the last few months after the release of the new site (meaning the new look and player). But as a consumer I tend to give them the time due to the fact that most of my support tickets went through within a few hours and got resolved.

I know that the site has some buffer issues but there is fixes on the forums and if they don't work try restarting your router or something. For a site that has really only been around for a few years Its doing well.

Any way I like Funimation's service and i am happy that I can watch anime for the price so that I can support them and still get to watch and enjoy.

http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn331/devinator12/funimation.png
    Yes they most did. (Shipping and order details blacked out)

As for the website admins it was CJ that replied first and i expect him or someone else to reply to this.
    As for the waiting time didn't Riles say he got his refund in less than 46 hours?
    As for fixes I believe i made it clear that there is no connection problems of any kind.
    I love watching anime too and I've taken a liking to Fairy Tail, but I can't watch if this buffering crap keeps on happening every 3 minutes, it's unacceptable and completely ruins the show.
    This problem has been standing for quite awhile now and not having it solved shows something else otherwise.

• My streaming experience increased ten fold when I stopped using my 9 year old wifi card and started using Ethernet. I'm on a 20 gig connection and NEVER have HD issues now.

Not being a fanboy or anything, just saying what made a difference for me.

• @dswisher:

My streaming experience increased ten fold when I stopped using my 9 year old wifi card and started using Ethernet. I'm on a 20 gig connection and NEVER have HD issues now.

Not being a fanboy or anything, just saying what made a difference for me.

20gigbit connection? Out of curiosity do you own a mega server complex like Google?
    Point being made there is no such connection speed being offered on any major network provider.
    As for WiFi i have the latest. Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6250 AGN

• My bad, I mistyped. 20mb.

I'm not entirely certain why I even responded though. I'm kinda feeling like this flame thread needs to be closed.

• We don't actually address issues through the forums, except in some specific threads. Sometimes, you will get a response to an issue in a thread, however, we have clearly posted in a number of places that it's not our policy to provide technical or other support through the forums, except within the FUNimation Help forum, and even then, only on specific issues.

The buffering issue is something we've been investigating for a while now. It's been hampered somewhat by the fact that we can't actually reproduce it ourselves, so we're relying on data from a number of users and it takes time (and, unfortunately, a lot of affected people) to gather enough information to narrow things down to what the issue actually is. I can definitely tell you it's not as simple as any of the suggestions people have put forward, though I'm not at liberty to discuss our inner workings. :)

We think we might actually be getting close to narrowing in on the issue, but I don't want to announce a timeline, yet, as we have thought that a few times in the past, and the solutions we have implemented have helped, but not resolved the issue. As such, the information on the buffering issue hasn't actually changed– the lack of communication on our part isn't due to ignoring anyone-- it's due to not having anything to add to what we have already expressed about the issue, on these forums and privately to users.

As for the billing issue, no one on the forums can assist with billing issues. All billing issues have to go through our billing department, and no one who is looking at the forums on a regular basis has the ability to expedite your ticket with a different department. Our billing department has been seeing a large volume of tickets due to holiday shopping and are working through them as quickly as possible, but are currently behind.

MOST technical related issues currently receive a response within 2 business days, with most of those happening within 24 hours. However, some issues can take longer or slip through the cracks, which is why we provide the "Haven't Heard From Support" thread, to try to get affected individuals a response as quickly as possible.

We're further behind on follow-up (e-mail) support. If you need to reply to an e-mail we sent you, you'll probably get faster service submitting a new ticket with a Technical or Video reason code. (Provided it's a Technical or Video issue, of course! :) )

• Great response, CJ!

However, when it comes to communication, I've found that people often just want an update on the issue, even if that update is, "we don't know anymore now than we did last time." If it's a big enough issue to warrant its own thread in the help forum, it warrants regular updates. This is doubly the case with an issue like buffering, which makes the paid service essentially unusable.

We understand that you may be understaffed or mismanaged. I'm willing to bet enough of us have worked in IT to empathize with that. At the same time, we're end users and want to feel like we're not being ignored. This is really enough for most of us"

"Hey all! We're still working on this issue, but there's nothing to report yet. Thanks for helping with data collection/being patient/praying for demon to leave the server room! Will update again on X."

I dunno. That's just my two cents and what I've experienced.

• I'm actually working on adjusting how we time manage between tickets and outgoing information, so I'm curious:

How often would you want to see those issues updated with non-updates in an ideal world?

In actual-world, each non-update takes the place, timewise, of 3-5 tickets, how does that balance out, in your opinion? Would your opinion change if you were a ticket that didn't get answered on a Friday night and had to wait until Monday for service, because you got bumped for an update that was just "there is no new news to report"? Would you feel better about getting "bumped" if there was actually something new, or is it just the communication that's important?

Anyone is welcome to weigh in on this, btw. And yes, I am aware that "get some more people" is an appropriate answer here, but it's not currently a helpful one. :) I can't promise that everyone will see their ideas implemented, but I think giving people what they actually WANT is a pretty important part of customer service, so I'm curious what that is! :D

• For individual tickets, regular updates may be a bit much. I can only imagine the load you guys see. What could work is a ticket manager in people's profiles. Just something to know that our ticket is assigned and hasn't disappeared. As it stands, we get an e-mail (eventually) and then hope that our ticket still exists. Something on the site that lets you know the status (new/in progress/awaiting response/solution/closed) is a big comfort. If that's too hard to implement, biweekly or monthly updates just to let us know the issue's alive. Or allowing people to sign up for automated updates every X frequency.

For multi-user issues that have earned a thread of their own in the Help forum, going over two weeks without any update would be bad. Doesn't have to be exact. But I mentioned that above.

This isn't my industry exactly - and I have no idea what constraints y'all are under - but that's the sort of thing that's worked for me in the past.

• CJ I'm going to be truthful, I'm rather disappointed with several things you said.

The buffering issue and it not being solved for a long time shows, a perfect example of a extreme amount of incompetence.
    The fact that I'm having to go through more ways than one to get my problems addressed with Funimation is completely ridiculous.
    And to top it off we now know that the "Ticket" system that you soooo encourage us to use is EXTREMELY messed up.

Here are my recommendations for site improvement.
    1. Ever heard of forum wide sticky posts? They are used on many forums. No matter what group policy is on a user (weather it be a unsubscribed, subscribed or a guest) they would be able to see that post. For example you could make a "Update (01/01/2014) bug fixes" for everyone to see and THUS avoid people from WASTING their money on a system that's not working correctly (example being the streaming service).

2. Take responsibility, You cannot say that a tech support ticket will get answered in 2 days and then only get answered in two weeks time (only after using other methods of communicating) or even so bad that they will never get answered "slip through the cracks" as you said.

I have given you a chance, I'm now going to fallow though with my word.

• @devinator12 - All technical support tickets receive a response. And nowhere have I ever said that ALL tech support tickets get answered in 2 days or less. The average tech support response time is between 24-36 hours (that includes weekends!). Some tickets are answered almost immediately. Some tickets get answered in two weeks. A lot of it depends on the issue, whether a ticket contains multiple issues, if multiple departments are involved, and if there are troubleshooting steps currently available for that point in the process, or if those steps have to be investigated or developed.

When I say "slip through the cracks" it's more a figure of speech. It's not that the ticket was lost, it's that it needed more research, and it hasn't received that research yet. Sometimes, due to changing priorities, this research doesn't happen in chronological order, and so sometimes that results in issues sitting unresolved for a while. We're working constantly on ways to minimize this, but it still happens– the best thing I can do at this point in time is continue to work on more systems for clearing the queue, actually work at clearing the queue, and have threads like the Subscription Assistance, or Haven't Heard from Support threads to attempt to help out as many people as possible.

We currently have a reminder at the top of literally every page of the forum that shows a way to get help and the status of all issues. We report all bug fixes to the forum as well. There is a FAQ (which is a bit out of date, currently, but does contain plenty of useful information) and a list of Known Issues on the left side of the page when you go to make a ticket. The FUNimation Help forum also contains a separate post for every major issue, accounting for all troubleshooting steps we currently have for that issue, as well as the most up to date information we have available for it.

• While I think we have gone off into the territory of beating a dead horse with a certain poster, to be fair about response timeliness I have had an ongoing billing issue that has seen multiple tickets now as I am getting emails saying I couldn't be charged ( although I was).

In the two tickets I submitted, one was never responded to, the 2nd one took weeks to get a response on, with a direction on what to do to resolve that, which led to another ticket because that solution didn't work, and now I have gotten a final notice that I couldn't be charged several days after filing that last ticket with no response.

While I sympathize with getting bogged down with tickets and even understand that many tickets get created unnecessarily, I can't get a resolution to what should be a simple to resolve billing issue.

The ball is being dropped somewhere and all I want to do is get it fixed before I get locked out of EVS content.

• You guys do not answer your tech support tickets in anywhere near 24-36hours. It took you guys a month to answer and it was only because i had to be persistant about the issue on your other facebook help site. I cant cant even have a billing issue on my end, because I cant even get any part of the shop to work on my end. All i got for a response was, just hope we can fix you in a update some day. I have zero faith in funimation fixing this site issue ever in the future till either they make a new web site again or they get a new group to redo the shop. You guys should probably consider calling up rightstuff and ask for the guy who does thier site for some tech help on your shop. 3 different computer with 3 different browsers now and I still get the same construction page site. I buy from over 100+ different sites through out the year and i dont have any problems except with yours. I can view your whole site but not your shop?