Cowboy Bebop Live Action TV Series!

• Can someone move this to the Cowboy Bebop section?

Maybe @SpacemanHardy?

• Does anyone know about this?

• @Zethus Yes, people know about it. It's just that everyone's talking about it on Twitter instead of the forums.

• I'm kinda excited. But I'll wait until a trailer comes out first to get hyped for it.

• I made a video recently to spread the word.

• On the one hand, I don't have nearly as much confidence as I do with this production staff as I did for Guillermo Del Toro doing a Live-Action Monster series (PLEASE CAN WE GET THIS IN OUR LIFETIME???!?!?!) and this could be something that people who don't get the series could easily mess up.

On the other hand, the writer seems to be someone familiar with fun banter, akin to the Thor movies and the Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes cartoon, so there's an idea there. If he can get these characters to be fun and have fun adventures in space together that is FINE BY ME!

But on the other hand, if the characters become completely emo, soulless bounty hunter people with no personality then this show could bomb fast.

But on the other hand, there's enough room for them to actually manage these stories. It's a TV series so they can actually manage to do their own original stories in this universe as WELL as doing some of the most popular episodes from the series. Allows some room for creativity on their own part while also giving some fans the chance to adapt their favorite stories on TV.

But on the other hand, if the soundtrack is bland, generic garbage and they DON'T get a trained Corgi for Ein, shit, if they get ANY OTHER type of dog breed for Ein or make him CG, then this show is garbage upon arrival.

tl;dr I'll give it a chance, but there's still too little information about it yet. I'll be cautiously optimistic. Best not to get my hopes up, but I also won't completely write it off and call it garbage either.

• Since it's going to be a TV series I think it'll have a better chance in being somewhat good at least. Which I was hoping for Death Note to be a TV series.

• I hope that it comes on Netflix.

• @MidnightAoshi said in Cowboy Bebop Live Action TV Series!:

Since it's going to be a TV series I think it'll have a better chance in being somewhat good at least. Which I was hoping for Death Note to be a TV series.

Pretty sure that Death Note does have a live action tv series. Its also getting a movie made in America (queue the white-washing criers).

• @darthrutsula40 Oh yeah I forgot. I always remembered the films.

• That's a lot of hands there, classy.

I'll believe it when I see it.

• @Zethus said in Cowboy Bebop Live Action TV Series!:

Does anyone know about this?

@Zethus Hmmm... not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing though I will say does anyone know if this is going to be an English dub production or is this something the Japanese are doing and if so are they going to English dub it? Please for the love of God Please have Spike be voiced by a Steve Blum if their English dub in this that is of course if they're not using actual English actors.

• @gohan6425 Um if you read the article it'll answer your question

@gohan6425 Um if you read the article it'll answer your question

@MidnightAoshi it does not say.

• @gohan6425 Alright I'll be nice and summarize it. Most of the people that are in the article are American except for the Sunrise studio who made the anime that are going to be executive producers. The producer who is Marty Aldestein also said "We are excited to work with Sunrise in bringing this beloved anime to the U.S. and global marketplace as a live-action series." So not unless this is all a lie then it's an American live adaptation series.

@gohan6425 Alright I'll be nice and summarize it. Most of the people that are in the article are American except for the Sunrise studio who made the anime that are going to be executive producers. The producer who is Marty Aldestein also said "We are excited to work with Sunrise in bringing this beloved anime to the U.S. and global marketplace as a live-action series." So not unless this is all a lie then it's an American live adaptation series.

@MidnightAoshi Well that good... :) I VERY glad Sunrise with be in on this and over seen this live-action series! Since well we can't truth the studio doing live adaptation thing by then self you know... I supised it going to be an American thing though since it is an Anime and all...

• Much as I love Steve Blum and the OG cast of the anime in terms of Live Action they can't pull off the look of these characters in live action.

However, I absolutely IMPLORE Sunrise and the creators of this new series to at least put those actors somewhere into this live-action series.

• @gohan6425 said in Cowboy Bebop Live Action TV Series!:

@MidnightAoshi said in Cowboy Bebop Live Action TV Series!:

@gohan6425 Alright I'll be nice and summarize it. Most of the people that are in the article are American except for the Sunrise studio who made the anime that are going to be executive producers. The producer who is Marty Aldestein also said "We are excited to work with Sunrise in bringing this beloved anime to the U.S. and global marketplace as a live-action series." So not unless this is all a lie then it's an American live adaptation series.

@MidnightAoshi Well that good... :) I VERY glad Sunrise with be in on this and over seen this live-action series! Since well we can't truth the studio doing live adaptation thing by then self you know... I supised it going to be an American thing though since it is an Anime and all...

Death Note is getting an American movie, Ghost in the Shell recently got a hollywood movie, Edge of Tomorrow is based on All You Need Is Kill (a manga but still...), Dragon Ball Evolution is (terrible) also from hollywood, and so is Speed Racer.

Pretty much, if its popular, hollywood will make a pass on it. Bebop is one of those popular animez. And other than DBE, all these other movie actually could reasonably be done by Hollywood since they are sci-fi or only have like 3 fantastical things in it. Any sort of DB adaptation would just be a cgi nightmare with a ludicrous story imo.

• @classyspartan said in Cowboy Bebop Live Action TV Series!:

Much as I love Steve Blum and the OG cast of the anime in terms of Live Action they can't pull off the look of these characters in live action.

However, I absolutely IMPLORE Sunrise and the creators of this new series to at least put those actors somewhere into this live-action series.

@classyspartan you do know that I said that as meant if the cast Japanese actors where doing it they had then for the English dub to translate with actual voice actor for the English Dub to do the dialogue for the Japanese actors???? Since they're going to be English actors doing the live action series there's no point in having Steve Blum be the voice actor since the actors are speaking English already to begin with...

• @darthrutsula40 said in Cowboy Bebop Live Action TV Series!:

@gohan6425 said in Cowboy Bebop Live Action TV Series!:

@MidnightAoshi said in Cowboy Bebop Live Action TV Series!:

Death Note is getting an American movie, Ghost in the Shell recently got a hollywood movie, Edge of Tomorrow is based on All You Need Is Kill (a manga but still...), Dragon Ball Evolution is (terrible) also from hollywood, and so is Speed Racer.

Pretty much, if its popular, hollywood will make a pass on it. Bebop is one of those popular animez. And other than DBE, all these other movie actually could reasonably be done by Hollywood since they are sci-fi or only have like 3 fantastical things in it. Any sort of DB adaptation would just be a cgi nightmare with a ludicrous story imo.

@darthrutsula40 speed racer live action movie actually was pretty ok for what it was it was a financial failure because they spent too much money on it. Going by that logic avengers sequel was a failure since it did not make as much money as the first avengers and it was even dub by Disney financial failure. Doesn't mean hurt the quality of film.