Let's have an opinion

• And not get b*tched at for them.

I'll start.

DBZ sucks. Code Geass was a predictable anime. Subs are not always better than dubs. Superman > Goku, Saitama > Goku. Goku is a terrible hero. America doesn't make anime, they make animation that is better than anime, but cartoons doesn't seem like an appropriate fit.

Not all japanese video games need to be dubbed. Not all songs need to be dubbed. Opening credits have no real reason to be dubbed (same with ending credits). The Bruce Falconer music for DBZ is inferior to the JP music (save for a select few tracks).

Okay I can't think of any other opinions I have that would get me a flame war.

Quick guys we only have a week (less than that actually).

• Dragon Ball Z Kai was a good dub.

Colleen Clinkenbeard is an excellent actress.

4kids is bad, and you should feel bad.

Pokemon is better now than it's ever been in the past.

Sailor Moon Viz > Sailor Moon DiC

Faulconer has 2 songs I like and that's it, the rest can piss off.

Much as I love DBZ as a franchise it has aged poorly. I love its influence, but it is no longer the be all end all as I used to think.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Oh I know!

I like Death Battle.

Alright, think I'm missing anything?

• Just because its has the (seeming) right box art on ebay doesn't mean its authentic.

I (personally) consider Viz's dubs to be better than Funimation's general dubs.

Naruto's sub is better than the dub.

Watching shows by the week instead of however pace I feel like is a terrible idea.

Death Note wasn't SO bad (I still didn't like it)

Nostalgia is dumb and we as a collective society should rip off those goggles.

Teamfourstar is probably the best authority on anything about Dragon Ball than almost any individual.

Shameless self-promotion to your damn youtube channel without any other content to your OP should be promptly removed or possibly get you banned if you are a repeat offender.

• @darthrutsula40 said in Let's have an opinion:

Quick guys we only have a week (less than that actually).

boy can't wait to see this thread once he comes back...

Code Geass 3 is unnecessary
    shows being on Funimation > Toonami
    Action shows produce more mediocre shows than good ones

• boy can't wait to see this thread once he comes back...

alt text

Buffalo, NY next week.

• I have not watched any Dragon Ball, One Piece, Bleach, or Naruto, and don't plan on watching them.

I enjoy both subs and dubs, sometimes for the same show. I really just like to be able to watch a show and am not super picky about the language (unless I get really attached to one or the other).

I would love the option of watching anime on TV (don't get Toonami up here, and the pickings of what we do get is rather slim), thought I doubt I would actually watch much on tv.

Common Sense isn't as common as it should be.

• Just because you say its fact doesn't mean its a fact.

Just because it is a fact doesn't mean everyone will believe it.

The foundation of a good arguement is to source your damn arguement.

• One Punch Man is a good show.

Space Dandy is a good show.

The baseball episode of Samurai Champloo is hilarious.

RWBY is not a good show, and Tifa would kick Yang's ass.

RWBY also isn't an anime. Neither are Avatar, Steven Universe, Samurai Jack, Teen Titans, Code Lyoko, etc. etc.

Superman and Goku would never fight to the death. They'd be the best of buds in the whole world.

It is perfectly possible to enjoy music in any language without understanding the lyrics.

Your Name did NOT need to end with a kissing scene.

The original Dragon Ball series is good. Dragon Ball Z is incredibly over-rated, and GT is just flat out garbage.

Serena kissed Ash.

Ash also never really had any sort of romantic connection to Misty.

Watching anime on YouTube counts as piracy and is considered illegal (unless it's on Funimation's official channel).

Creating a brand new topic every time you record a new review instead of putting it in a single thread counts as spam.

If someone offers to pay your subscription for a month, you might want to take them up on it.

And finally, if someone makes fun of you or insults you in the comments on YouTube, the best thing to do is either ignore it or counter it with a mature, well-thought out response, instead of flipping out, calling them retards, and telling them to go fuck themselves.

That is all.

• @SpacemanHardy Okay as far as one of those opinions go, you do technically have the power to... uhmmmm... do something about it?

Your Name did NOT need to end with a kissing scene.

AND OH MY GOD YES HOW DID I FORGET THIS!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??

• Watch the whole series before asking questions. Seriously, many questions from the first few episodes are answered later on.

C.C. and Lelouch never had a thing.

Proper debates do not involve targeting the other person. You can pick apart their argument, but do not say anything about the person making the argument.

A discussion forum doens't require a personal invitation to discuss things.
    If someone else has posted a topic on something, you don't also have to post a topic on the same thing, just join that first topic.

• Code Geass ended with a death and he should stay dead.

Aww man you guys, yall took all the good ones.

Edit; thought of some more

Yuri on Ice is a dang good show.

An opening song can be slow and still be good. It doesn't have to "pump up the viewer"

Music is a universal language and does not need lyrics in English for people to understand what the song is trying to convey.

Regardless of quality, Death Note was and still is popular.

• Dragon Ball Super made realize how great Masako Nozawa is. She is now the best version of said characters to me. (I've also gone back and fully re-watched everything in Japanese thanks to Super)

I have no issues with the pacing of the One Piece anime, though I do think they could use a good filler arc. I'd want it to be a good six months to a year long. Oda give them a place to put one! Just make it seem like a bit of time happened between arcs and they'll be golden.

Crunchyroll's player, font size/style and lack of font options all suck. So I've hated this Funiroll partnership since it was announced. So I still watch all the subbed content I can here, just spite CR. I was actually mad when Funimation changed their plains to have My Hero dub only on here. (Their apps half suck, as they re-encode all the content to hardsubs, and don't QA them good enough, So there tends to be extra issues that aren't present in the softsubs on the site)

I have a hard time reading anything Gohan types on the forums, so I tend to just skip over reading his posts in threads.

@Doublethree100
    shows being on Funimation > Toonami

You just say that because we are Canadian and don't have Toonami. RIP Bionix and pretty much all non-kid anime on TV.

• @darthrutsula40 said in Let's have an opinion:

Subs are not always better than dubs.

Are you sure that's not backwards?

• -I really hope that Lelouche is dead and that Suzaku is impersonating him in Ressurrection

-My biggest issues with DBZ, Kirrilin is a joke, and all fight scenes are 3 episodes too long (and totally not a fan of it in general)

-My biggest issue with Death Note, after proving that Light is this master strategist, He goes full retard at the end.

-I think the whole simuldubbing initiative, while great in theory, the quality of Funimation's dubs, as a whole, has gone down in quality. I also think they ramped up to the current 14+ simuldubs a season too quickly, and still haven't really put out more than 2-3 great dubs a season.

• @Series5Ranger Its already been confirmed that Lelouch is back and its the same universe. https://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/11/code-geass-is-returning-in-a-new-anime/

• @KillerWolf357 @Series5Ranger The last scene of R2 also shows us that he is alive. Mind you, that was cut from Bandai's showings of it, so a lot of Dub only watches don't know this.

• My time to shine!

One Piece is a terrible show, so is Fairy Tail

Gurren Lagann is the best anime of all time!

I prefer Rei x Shinji. Yes, I'm one of those people. Plus, Asuka needs to calm down.

Eureka Seven is also great. AO doesn't exist in my world. The Movie is ok.

I admit. I cried at the end of Rahxephon. I did not with Angel Beats!

FMA Brotherhood > Fullmetal Alchemist

Does anyone have a counter-point?

• Gohan is the main character in Dragon Ball Z

The main character in a series doesn't have to always be in the episode.

Super and Z are for children

Streaming is better than cable

Toonami never should of came back

An actor or actress replacing someone doesn't have to always sound similar to who their replacing

Fans don't need to know everything that happens with a voice actor or actress

Vegeta > Goku

Tard is just the slang word for retarded

I like everyone's opinions and agree with them

• it's sad that we have reached a point where we have to make thinly veiled forum topics to vent frustration.

• @Nobu said in Let's have an opinion:

@darthrutsula40 said in Let's have an opinion:

Subs are not always better than dubs.

Are you sure that's not backwards?

Well by saying subs aren't always better than dubs i'm also saying dubs aren't always better than subs.

@Getchman said in Let's have an opinion:

it's sad that we have reached a point where we have to make thinly veiled forum topics to vent frustration.

Look we all have different opinions, I get that. But sometimes it feels like someone wants to shoot us for having said opinion.

@darkdeath174 said in Let's have an opinion:

@KillerWolf357 @Series5Ranger The last scene of R2 also shows us that he is alive. Mind you, that was cut from Bandai's showings of it, so a lot of Dub only watches don't know this.

I don't have anything against discussion here but I feel like this topic has been "discussed" to the grave...

Thought of another opinion:

Just because you don't like a certain series doesn't mean that it isn't canon thanks to that series's multiverse. I honestly don't understand how this concept is difficult to grasp. (I'm saying all of DB GT is canon until we are told otherwise, and to my knowledge we haven't been).

I have also never seen a single non-abridged episode of Dragon Ball anything.

• @darkdeath174 said in Let's have an opinion:

You just say that because we are Canadian and don't have Toonami. RIP Bionix and pretty much all non-kid anime on TV.

nah I was more going for streaming > watching on cable. On cable you either have to watch live at a specific time and deal with commercials or record it and wait while all your friends are talking about it.

Here's another one: the Adult Swim April Fool's joke was not the end of the world.