Funimation has lied to me about the "Songs Not Being Dubbed" situations.

• I know I am made plenty of posts about songs not being dubbed, nor sung by funimation VA's many times, and that you can't help me anymore. After thinking things through, I thing Funimation is lying, and not telling me the actual truth behind songs in singing scenes no longer dubbed/sung by Funimation VAs. I got told from many staff members that they couldn't get permission, nor the materials to dub the songs, and that the song dubbing situation was on a case by case basis. But I personally think that is not necessarily the case, as since the Summer 2016-fall 2016 simudub season, almost all anime released on Home Video with singing scenes (especially females), the singing was not dubbed, nor did the Funimation VA actually do the singing. This often happened consecutively. Also when I went to Anime Boston, I brought up the issue at the Funimation booth, and the staff had no idea and knew nothing about Funimation previously dubbing songs in the past. Plus Sarah Wiedenheft was the only one that game me a different opinion, which could be the truth. I have therefore concluded that the truth that the reason why I don't see insert-character sung songs in anime dubbed by Funimation anymore since August 2016 is because due to the increased number of simudub, and anime dubbing projects, you no longer have time to go back and dub any songs in singing scenes for the DVD release, nor you no longer have the money to do so since that money is spend more on the dubs.

When releasing the anime on DVD, you don't make any changes or additions to the simudub script, and release it as is.

This happened with Castletown Dandelion, Ultimate Otaku Teacher, Heavy Object, Tokyo Ghoul, to name a few. And I am guessing that KanColle won't have the dubbed songs in the episode 4 singing scene, nor will the inserts In Universe songs be dubbed for Fuuka, Hand Shakers, Akiba's Strip, and Masamune-kun's Revenge. Maybe not even the second season of Show By Rock will have its songs dubbed for Home Video. And this is for the reasons I stated.

You Spaceman Hardy may close this topic, but do not ban me from the forums or even close my Funimation account please. I still stream video oin the website, and pay money to do so.

This message is my final statement and botton line. Funimation won't admit the truth, because like many companies, they don't want to spill out their dark secrets in order not to ruin their reputation, or face legal action (as some of the secrets could involve doing some illegal stuff). If anyone has anything else to say, they can say it, otherwise, I'm done. Funimation is not the company it once was. I just hope to see more songs dubbed again.

• @Spaceshotx7 said in Funimation has lied to me about the "Songs Not Being Dubbed" situations.:

Summer 2016-fall 2016 simudub season, almost all anime released on Home Video with singing scenes (especially females), the singing was not dubbed, nor did the Funimation VA actually do the singing

Am I misunderstanding you here. No Summer or fall 2016 anime have home video versions yet in the west. Looking through the preorder section on Funimation's shop the newest shows I see are from spring 2016.

• @Spaceshotx7 They dubbed the insert songs in Shonen Maid.

Just thought you'd like to know.

• @Spaceshotx7 said in Funimation has lied to me about the "Songs Not Being Dubbed" situations.:

This message is my final statement and botton line.

please tell me you are serious here and its not some sort of cruel joke

• @SpacemanHardy As far as Shonin Maid goes, was there in episode with a concert song? If yes, which ones?

Plus I'm sure it was male singers, since in Shonin maid, there was some sort of male idol group. I assume the simulcast version didn't have the song dubbed, but the UN-CUT home video version did?

What I described before, for some reason it seem to only apply to the songs sung by female characters, and not male ones (most singing in anime is done by females).

• @Doublethree100 Plus many of the spring-fall 2015 songs were affected as well (except Show By Rock).

• @Spaceshotx7 I'm still not sure what you mean though. There are no home release versions of the summer/fall 2016 dubbed anime. They're all the simuldub versions.

• Part 1 of endride is the only summer 2016 show that's currently been released

• @Getchman oh my bad, I though Enride was 2015 for some reason. Is there any insert songs though?

• I dont recall any in the first half. gave after ep 12, so, no idea about the second half

• Congratulations you uncovered the conspiracy that we and all of Funimation has been keeping from you all this time. You are the smartest person and will become a true martyr for this pursuit of language-barrier justice..........

..................Is what I would say.

Except that you're wrong, no one's keeping anything from you, nobody is LYING to you, take the tin foil off your head, music is more than just its lyrics, and calm the hell down.

• Episode 6 of Shonin maid has a dubbed song. Is that the one Spaceman Hardy was referring to? Or are there more episodes?

For some reason, as far as not getting permission to dub songs for home video, for some reason, it seem to apply to the female singers. weird isn't it?

One thing I notice about the credits, is that the credits are not in English, and don't list the English staff or English VAs? Why is that? Is that a new practice? Why is Funimation no longer producing the credits in English? As a matter of fact, I notice that anime distributers no longer have English credits for some reason. Why is that?

• no, its not weird. its one show. there is nowhere near enough evidence to even begin having the kind of thoughts you are thinking. don't know about the credits. could just be a website thing, but i haven't bought anything recently so i cant confirm that. though, outlaw star and Gosick have proper credits so perhaps the simludub shows just weren't updated for the site

• What I want to know is why you still feel the need to harass (And I do mean the word harass, you hound these poor staff members) when they continually say that THEY CAN'T SAY.

Saying something would result in that legal action you say they're trying to avoid.

How about you just enjoy the songs that are dubbed and not worry about this so much?

• I don't get why this is such a big deal.

• @darthrutsula40 said in Funimation has lied to me about the "Songs Not Being Dubbed" situations.:

I don't get why this is such a big deal.

I never understood why it was a big deal but here we are.

0_1496375597870_Amanchu Faces 13.jpg

• I don't seem to get it. It seems these days where Funimation gets permission seems to be instances where male singers perform, but when it comes to songs sung by females, Funimation seems to have trouble with.

Do the companies think Male Singers in anime are not as important? Why are there less male singers in anime? It is because the companies want cute sounding voices for the songs? And are Female Idols more popular?

I expressed my concern in my first post, because from what I was thinking, Funimation seemed to care less about dubs in songs than it used to, or felt like they no longer have the time due to busy dubbing schedules where they can't set aside the time and budget for it. For the most part, funimation didn't run into problems until last fall. It seems the only time they are mainly getting permission if it were songs sung by male characters. I am sorry for hounding staff members, but its all stuck in my head. I express what is on my mind that's all. I have reservations about a lot of other things in my life. The biggest one is regarding rail and public transportation in America being inferior to the ones in Europe, and more developed Asian countries like China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Japan. I hear trains in Japan are extremely punctual as if they come on the dot, while trains in the USA can often be delayed.

• Can we please add a new forum section titled FUNIMATION's DARK SECRETS and have this be the first topic?

I don't seem to get it.

Yeah that's kind of the problem we're facing right now isn't it?

YOU DON'T GET IT

• @Getchman said in Funimation has lied to me about the "Songs Not Being Dubbed" situations.:

please tell me you are serious here and its not some sort of cruel joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGMnmiqlss

• It's funny, when this topic was posted the last time (and i think subsequently locked) reminded me of when Carrie Savage sung the in-episode song of "Girls Can Rock" (School Rumble Survival Game episode). Does anyone remember that? I thought it was pretty good. I guess for me, if songs happen to be dubbed, fine, if not, i'm not going to over-think it. Then again, i'm also a person who imports a lot of music directly from Japan.

Sincerely,
    P.J.