Funimation and Crunchyroll Shared Anime

• @GalaxyCrisis said in Funimation and Crunchyroll Shared Anime:

I have no idea why they chose to put Hybrid x Heart in their list of home video releases. And this is coming from someone who actually saw that series.

I agree with this.

• @Doublethree100 said in Funimation and Crunchyroll Shared Anime:

@GalaxyCrisis I'm like 90% sure they'll be dubbed. Funimation could always release them sub only though if they didn't do well enough for a dub but they want to make some money off it.

Wasn't the dub of Myriad Colors Phantom World already announced by crunchyroll? I would hope they dub Masou Gakuen HXH it wasn't that bad it was just made when the whole "if its ecchi or if it has nudity that automatically means its bad." Trend started picking up again, if it were able to be made around the same time monster musume was airing I'm sure people wouldn't have complained about it nearly as much and the show itself probably would have been able to be made better because as much content wouldn't have been cut from the show. I honestly don't believe they could use streaming numbers to determine if it's good enough or not because obviously the censorship would turn people away to other sources that had the AT-X airing and what dub fans want and what sub fans want are going to be completely different ( I feel this is an issue with all companies who use streaming numbers to determine if something gets a dub.)

• One day my son's will come home

prayer circle for Bungou Stray dogs

• @lcdude I didn't say it was a bad series. However, something that walks the very fine line between ecchi and hentai is not something I would feel comfortable with getting a dub.

@lcdude I didn't say it was a bad series. However, something that walks the very fine line between ecchi and hentai is not something I would feel comfortable with getting a dub.

I thought it was pretty mild for an ecchi show. Were you also uncomfortable with dubs of vaylkrie drive, prison school and the upcoming one for shinmai maou no testament because all of those are way heavier than this.

• @lcdude said in Funimation and Crunchyroll Shared Anime:

Wasn't the dub of Myriad Colors Phantom World already announced by crunchyroll? I would hope they dub Masou Gakuen HXH it wasn't that bad it was just made when the whole "if its ecchi or if it has nudity that automatically means its bad." Trend started picking up again, if it were able to be made around the same time monster musume was airing I'm sure people wouldn't have complained about it nearly as much and the show itself probably would have been able to be made better because as much content wouldn't have been cut from the show. I honestly don't believe they could use streaming numbers to determine if it's good enough or not because obviously the censorship would turn people away to other sources that had the AT-X airing and what dub fans want and what sub fans want are going to be completely different ( I feel this is an issue with all companies who use streaming numbers to determine if something gets a dub.)

0_1502582487316_Fairy Tail Reaction 4.jpg

Where you getting this "nudity = bad" thing from? Fanservice and ecchi shows are clearly a huge niche, and not every show is equal in quality, appeal, or content. MonMusu was a much more light-hearted comedic ecchi series while Hyrbid x Hearts seems to be much more of a magic high school series mixed with full on sex with some dubious undertones. Two different shows, but both at least have some uncensored tits in them.

• @lcdude Actually, I have not seen any of those series. I think the only ecchi shows I've seen besides Hybrid x Heart are High School DxD and Monster Musume. It's just the whole premise of Hybrid x Heart that makes me feel uncomfortable with it possibly getting a dub.

@lcdude Actually, I have not seen any of those series. I think the only ecchi shows I've seen besides Hybrid x Heart are High School DxD and Monster Musume. It's just the whole premise of Hybrid x Heart that makes me feel uncomfortable with it possibly getting a dub.

Then my advice to you would be watch more of them and get used to them probably start with ones made between 2009 and 2012 and after that you'd probably be more comfortable with them.

• @lcdude Phantom World is getting a dub I was talking about Hybrid Heart. I think if people hated it based off genre it wasn't the ecchi specifically but the fact it seems to be yet another magic high school battle harem (ft. ecchi) that we were getting at a pace of 2 or 3 a season and people were sick of them.

@GalaxyCrisis said in Funimation and Crunchyroll Shared Anime:

@lcdude I didn't say it was a bad series. However, something that walks the very fine line between ecchi and hentai is not something I would feel comfortable with getting a dub.

I thought it was pretty mild for an ecchi show. Were you also uncomfortable with dubs of vaylkrie drive, prison school and the upcoming one for shinmai maou no testament because all of those are way heavier than this.

I have to admit that I've never heard of this series before today, but enjoyed the list it's being compared to. Reading the description, as well as @GalaxyCrisis description, does have me a bit concerned. All of this makes me curious as to what the reasons it's being compared to hentai. I'm perfectly comfortable with the ecchi genre, but there are lines even I won't cross. Being as it's a CR title, I would have simply assumed ecchi, but it sounds like others may believe it goes beyond that.

• @classyspartan said in Funimation and Crunchyroll Shared Anime:

@lcdude said in Funimation and Crunchyroll Shared Anime:

0_1502582487316_Fairy Tail Reaction 4.jpg

Where you getting this "nudity = bad" thing from? Fanservice and ecchi shows are clearly a huge niche, and not every show is equal in quality, appeal, or content. MonMusu was a much more light-hearted comedic ecchi series while Hyrbid x Hearts seems to be much more of a magic high school series mixed with full on sex with some dubious undertones. Two different shows, but both at least have some uncensored tits in them.

That's all see people complaining about with these kind of shows, sometimes I even see the occasional "think of the children" comments they don't even pay attention whats going on, and if you reread my reply I wasn't comparing monmusu and that show I said that because there was alot of those type of shows made during that season and people didn't complain about them nearly as much and weren't regulated nearly as much as more recent shows due to a jump in the popularity of anime between then and now putting anime in the spotlight of certain groups that causes shows to be more censored and regulated.

• @pleco_breeder

the dude has to sexually stimulate the girls in order to draw out their full power. Everyone is frequently naked. I don't recall any actual penetrative sex happening, but it gets close.

• @pleco_breeder Here's the description of Hybrid x Heart from the blog announcement:

Another show that Funimation is acquiring and releasing now as part of our partnership with Crunchyroll. Special girls with the ability to use Hybrid Heart Gear weapons to defend against invading enemies, but one particular boy has the ability to power-up the girls’ ability by making them climax.

That's "climax" as in "orgasm."

• @pleco_breeder said in Funimation and Crunchyroll Shared Anime:

@lcdude said in Funimation and Crunchyroll Shared Anime:

@GalaxyCrisis said in Funimation and Crunchyroll Shared Anime:

I have to admit that I've never heard of this series before today, but enjoyed the list it's being compared to. Reading the description, as well as @GalaxyCrisis description, does have me a bit concerned. All of this makes me curious as to what the reasons it's being compared to hentai. I'm perfectly comfortable with the ecchi genre, but there are lines even I won't cross. Being as it's a CR title, I would have simply assumed ecchi, but it sounds like others may believe it goes beyond that.

I would say it doesn't go beyond levels of what vaylkrie drive was probably even a little less.

@pleco_breeder Here's the description of Hybrid x Heart from the blog announcement:

Another show that Funimation is acquiring and releasing now as part of our partnership with Crunchyroll. Special girls with the ability to use Hybrid Heart Gear weapons to defend against invading enemies, but one particular boy has the ability to power-up the girls’ ability by making them climax.

That's "climax" as in "orgasm."

Wasn't Daimidaler essentially this same premise though? With a lot more front-tails of course.

Masou Gakuen HXH it wasn't that bad it was just made when the whole "if its ecchi or if it has nudity that automatically means its bad."

Oh no, it was badly executed as well. Stupid writing and lazy animation.

• Apparently .hack//Roots went up yesterday http://www.crunchyroll.com/hackroots. I never saw an announcement for it on Crunchyroll but happened to see someone else mention it.

Edit: more shows0_1503002391504_CR.png

Edit: KumaMiko (which is sub only I believe), Sasami Magical Girls Club and Basilisk are also going up today. Also Koi Koi Seven is apparently a Disotek show my bad.

• @Doublethree100 Here's the official announcement for all those shows.

• 0_1503096171413_cr.png

Cheer Boys and Kingdom are on Crunchyroll

• This week has Soul Eater Not!, Ragnarok the Animation, .hack//SIGN (series and OVA) so far.