Whatever happen to "Skyland"?

• So I remember Skyland on Nicktoon Network but it gone off the face off the earth... No DVD ever came out in the USA, and it was very good show. I made a video about it like 2 years ago. And I would really like to get a DVD set of it if it out there. Does anyone have any news on it? It seen like it got worst treatment then that of Code Lyoko when it come DVD Set since there not that I know of that came out. And as we all know Nicktoons is shit when it come to Anime look how bad there treat with Yu-Gi-Oh a great anime series like that that basically cancel on TV Canada is wayyyy ahead thank to Nicktoons for Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V. So if someone know anything please let know thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_YErvh5O_o&lc=z13dtriiwzzpybzzr04cc1nism3ce33qw0k "Underrated Anime Series: Skyland!"

He the video I made 2 Years ago btw...

• Skyland isn't anime, it's a Canadian and French Cartoon. Might wanna ask for this to be moved to the General Forum and the Animation section.

• @Moderators Can someone please move this thread to the General Forums in the Animation section?

• @darkdeath174 said in Whatever happen to "Skyland"?:

Skyland isn't anime, it's a Canadian and French Cartoon. Might wanna ask for this to be moved to the General Forum and the Animation section.

@darkdeath174 1st it an IS anime as an anime is based on the style not a nationality! Japanese have flat out stated this! We've been over this already. Second I forgot about that section so mod can feel free to move it.

• Yeah, not trying to bring back the age-old "What is anime?" debate. Just for the record remember that on these particular forums:

Show made in Japan = Anime & Manga section.
    Show not made in Japan = Animation section.

I'll be moving this topic there now.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Whatever happen to "Skyland"?:

Yeah, not trying to bring back the age-old "What is anime?" debate. Just for the record remember that on these particular forums:

Show made in Japan = Anime & Manga section.
    Show not made in Japan = Animation section.

I'll be moving this topic there now.

@SpacemanHardy Off change to you have inside on this madder though? About Skyland getting a USA DVD release? I can't find news anywhere? Only seem to be able to find an Australian DVD release which obviously their region code is different for DVDs.

• @gohan6425 Seems like the Australian release is your only option. There hasn't been any word at all about a US release. Odds are it just never made much of an impact over here in the States, so Nicktoons and the French publishers didn't bother releasing it.

Worst case scenario, you can always do like I did and buy a region-free DVD player. It comes in handy when I want to import a show from a non-US region, or buy an Aniplex show at 1/3rd the cost.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Whatever happen to "Skyland"?:

@gohan6425 Seems like the Australian release is your only option. There hasn't been any word at all about a US release. Odds are it just never made much of an impact over here in the States, so Nicktoons and the French publishers didn't bother releasing it.

Worst case scenario, you can always do like I did and buy a region-free DVD player. It comes in handy when I want to import a show from a non-US region, or buy an Aniplex show at 1/3rd the cost.

@SpacemanHardy do Region lock DVDs work on PlayStation's off chance? Or do you have to buy a region lock DVD player? And how much would they cost is it something you can get in the stores it something you have to buy online?

• @gohan6425 said in Whatever happen to "Skyland"?:

do Region lock DVDs work on PlayStation's off chance?

No.

Or do you have to buy a region lock DVD player? And how much would they cost is it something you can get in the stores it something you have to buy online?

A region-free player is typical not sold in stores. I found mine on Amazon for about a hundred bucks, but they can cost anywhere from $99 to $500, depending on the model and seller.

• @SpacemanHardy It's easier just to buy a external DVD drive for cheap and change the region of that drive.