Funimation support is slow

• This isn't my first time posting about this. I had hoped after my first post it wouldn't be necessary to post again but 2 weeks ago I submitted a bug report and it's never been followed up with. The bug wasn't that bad and I found a work around so I just kind of forgot about it but earlier today I submitted another bug report for a different bug which made me remember that I had never heard back on my last one. I'm ok with the bugs. Bugs are acceptable. Even slow support is alright but I'd appreciate having support. Hopefully next time I submit a support ticket I will actually get a response. I'm not sure if there is a bug with the support system or what but it's rather frustrating.

• I've been waiting just over 8 weeks for them to fix Nabari no Ou episode 19. It doesn't work in the browser which is the only way I watch everything here. It take you to your account profile page, Not the episode page. I submitted a ticket about it on March 21 :/

• @ManOfNowhere I'm sorry you're having problems. Let me contact @FunimationHelp on your behalf, and hopefully you'll get a faster response that way.

• Oh! I think it's because of the title of the episode - "profile" is in it. That is crazy!

https://www.funimation.com/shows/nabari-no-ou/profile-of-an-angel-of-death/uncut/?lang=english

@ManOfNowhere A bug was already put in, but had not been worked on yet. I bumped the priority up and tagged the necessary people to put it on their radar. I've also suggested in the bug that we just change the name of that episode, while a fix is worked on to prevent the redirect, if that is indeed the issue, but I'm not sure if that will take longer because of how the new system works.

• You know, now that I remember, I sent a bug report in back in like Februrary when the forums came back up about the fact that my actual profile (@darthrutsula) isn't being logged in to the forums. Instead I get whatever I'm on right now. I AM able to delete these auto generated ones but it auto generates me a new one (same name different number). Last email was "we sent it to the web dev team" and that's last I heard.

Not in like any particular rush or anything, I just want to see my beautiful profile pic again ;-;

• @darthrutsula40 Oh, I can help with that. If you have posts on both accounts, we're actually deploying a fix for that possibly on Monday. It's a script that can be run. I just have to supply the accounts. Then I make another request to have the username fixed. Ping me on Monday, so I don't forget. ^_^

• @Sophie https://www.funimation.com/forum/user/darthrutsula

That's the real me. It'd be cool if you'd be able to make all the posts from the current me with the real me (does this statement make sense?)

• Yep! Will do.

Can you log in to the real you account?

• @Sophie Only if I want to stream, I can't log it in for the forums. Its all the same login info.

Or rather I can log it in but it makes me log in as DR40.

See like if I were to sign out and all I can do that. And when I go to sign back in its the same user/pass but it separates DR into DR40. It will keep me logged in for the rest of the site. I can't even edit the anything for DR40, I go to click the profile icon in the top right and it just directs me to DR.

• @darthrutsula40 Ah, ok. Clear your Funimation.com cookies. Right now, there is an issue where logging out of the site doesn't log you out of the forum, and there is an issue where when you are prompted to log in after trying to post while logged out, you aren't actually logged in to the forum.

I think what is happening is that you are logged in to one account on the forum and another account for the rest of the site.

Then try logging in to the real account.

• Doesn't seem to work.

Yep, totally don't work.

ctrl shift delete
    relog
    expected result: post as the real me
    actual result: post as DR40

switched browsers (I'm pretty sure this is the third browser I'd try) and still get this one.

• @Sophie said in Funimation support is slow:

@darthrutsula40 Ah, ok. Clear your Funimation.com cookies. Right now, there is an issue where logging out of the site doesn't log you out of the forum, and there is an issue where when you are prompted to log in after trying to post while logged out, you aren't actually logged in to the forum.

I think what is happening is that you are logged in to one account on the forum and another account for the rest of the site.

Then try logging in to the real account.

I think that second issue may be related to my problem; I log out, then when I log back in the forum page says I'm logged out. I've cleared cookies multiple times, but it doesn't solve the problem; I've kept myself logged in for the duration. I've sent multiple tickets but have received no response.

• @GalaxyCrisis It sounds like that might be resolved by the login bug that is already in to be fixed. If it's not, we can revisit, and I'll make a new bug.

• @Sophie I believe I mention that the word "profile" in the title could be the reason in the ticket I submitted. I recommended a quick fix of just changing the url to something like "a-profile-of-an-angel-of-death" or "the-profile-of-an-angel-of-death" until the real problem could be fixed.

• @ManOfNowhere That's what I thought too and suggested it in a comment on the bug. I'll ask my boss about the status of it tomorrow.

@darthrutsula40 Oh, I can help with that. If you have posts on both accounts, we're actually deploying a fix for that possibly on Monday. It's a script that can be run. I just have to supply the accounts. Then I make another request to have the username fixed. Ping me on Monday, so I don't forget. ^_^

I forgot to follow-up about this.

So here's the follow up on it. Got anything of note about my issue?

• @darthrutsula40 I'll make a bug for your account. There was a script run to fix a bunch of accounts, but your accounts were not among those that were fixed. I can still have the two accounts fixed, though, and merge your posts to your main account. I'll ping the guy that can do it tomorrow.

@ManOfNowhere No update on the bug yet. :( I've pinged everyone again and will ask my boss when I give him my PlayStation report tomorrow.

There was a script run to fix a bunch of accounts, but your accounts were not among those that were fixed. I can still have the two accounts fixed, though, and merge your posts to your main account. I'll ping the guy that can do it tomorrow.

raises hand

I want in on this if possible, please.

• Main (paid) account- TIL Nobu
    • this account
    • pretty sure this is my oldest account from the original (2009) forums- Nobuyuki

• @Nobu @darthrutsula40
    I have added you to the batch of users to fix.

@Nobu Are you able to post as Nobu and as TIL Nobu or are you in the same situation as darthrutsula?

@darthrutsula40 Because of the forum login issues, your posts are going to be moved to D40. Then we'll remove the other account and change your username to just darthrutsula.

• @ManOfNowhere The redirect issue itself is not in the current sprint to be fixed. Sprints are 3 weeks long. I have asked if our Digital Department can change the name of the video itself again. This process is actually a bit more involved than it was on the previous site. Instead of being able to change the title directly, it needs to be changed via a .csv that the database imports.

@Nobu @darthrutsula40
    I have added you to the batch of users to fix.

@Nobu Are you able to post as Nobu and as TIL Nobu or are you in the same situation as darthrutsula?

@darthrutsula40 Because of the forum login issues, your posts are going to be moved to D40. Then we'll remove the other account and change your username to just darthrutsula.

Seems legit to me.