Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread

• @darthrutsula40 said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

@gohan6425 Pokemon isn't canon as far as pokemon the tv show, but it is the story of red blue and green. It is seriously pokemon red the anime. There's even the manga.

But whatever.

Sakura v. Yamcha? At least Sakura can fight and is also useful.

Pokemon is canon bro... http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Canon

@darthrutsula40 It called different Universes... Even the video game have from time to time refer to the TV Show... However Pokemon Origins is not canon b/c it a plot story to the games...

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecc_QbgNyDw

Buy or Sell: Nami or Rukia Kuchiki?

Please watch my video 1st to heard my opinion and then come back here and give you your own opinion on if you agree or disagree thank you... :)

0_1495567921673_buy or sell nami and rukia.jpg

Request by Martin Slaby:

Today I will do a Buy or Sell: Who was the more better character Nami or Rukia Kuchiki?

• Nami's not even my favorite heroine in One Piece and I think she's a better and more interesting character than Rukia. Rukia just seems like standard tsundere heroine girl who starts off kinda fun and interesting, but like most of Bleach just gradually becomes less relevant and interesting as the crappy story goes on.

Nami has a strong backstory of her past with the Arlong Pirates and how that's impacted her as a person, in her desire for both wanting to get as much treasure as possible, but also to go out and map out the entire world.

I'd buy Nami, and sell Rukia.

• @classyspartan said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

Nami's not even my favorite heroine in One Piece and I think she's a better and more interesting character than Rukia. Rukia just seems like standard tsundere heroine girl who starts off kinda fun and interesting, but like most of Bleach just gradually becomes less relevant and interesting as the crappy story goes on.

Nami has a strong backstory of her past with the Arlong Pirates and how that's impacted her as a person, in her desire for both wanting to get as much treasure as possible, but also to go out and map out the entire world.

@classyspartan Well that your opinion off change did you heard my opinion? This is a video of series...

• @gohan6425 said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

@classyspartan said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

Nami's not even my favorite heroine in One Piece and I think she's a better and more interesting character than Rukia. Rukia just seems like standard tsundere heroine girl who starts off kinda fun and interesting, but like most of Bleach just gradually becomes less relevant and interesting as the crappy story goes on.

@classyspartan Well that your opinion of change did you heard my opinion?

I'm going to guess no. You started this thread where it is heavily implied that its kind of a debate type of thing. Something I'd be willing to participate in. But your intent does not seem to fit what you accidentally implied.

@gohan6425 said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

@classyspartan said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

@classyspartan Well that your opinion of change did you heard my opinion?

I'm going to guess no. You started this thread where it is heavily implied that its kind of a debate type of thing. Something I'd be willing to participate in. But your intent does not seem to fit what you accidentally implied.

@darthrutsula40 The thread title state "Video Series" So yes it a Video Series...

• @gohan6425 said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

A new thing I going to do called "Buy or Sell":

I take 2 different things and will make a video about it, or people and Buy 1 and Sell the other and then give my reason why basic on my viewpoint...

I am also taking request too for my video...

0_1495164447683_buy or sell.jpg

@darthrutsula40 The thread title state "Video Series" So yes it a Video Series...

Title says one thing, but the opening post says another. I honestly thought you were wanting to debate different and similar serieses.

And besides, not taking outside opinions wouldn't reflect positively.

@gohan6425 said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

A new thing I going to do called "Buy or Sell":

I take 2 different things and will make a video about it, or people and Buy 1 and Sell the other and then give my reason why basic on my viewpoint...

I am also taking request too for my video...

0_1495164447683_buy or sell.jpg

Title says one thing, but the opening post says another. I honestly thought you were wanting to debate different and similar serieses.

And besides, not taking outside opinions wouldn't reflect positively.

@classyspartan @darthrutsula40 There a LINK in the thread I post and I stated video.

Also I stated I was take request where did YOU NOT THINK IT WAS A VIDEO SERIES!?

• To be honest I appreciate the fact that you actually made a separate thread about these videos. I actually legitimately appreciate that.

I just assumed that you would post these videos and then also allow the people to post their reactions to said discussions, and I posted mine thinking it was to spark a discussion.

I didn't realize it was just promote my stuff and listen to me. Though you take requests so idk.

• Buy or Sell?

Rei Ayanami or Eureka

• @classyspartan said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

To be honest I appreciate the fact that you actually made a separate thread about these videos. I actually legitimately appreciate that.

I just assumed that you would post these videos and then also allow the people to post their reactions to said discussions, and I posted mine thinking it was to spark a discussion.

I didn't realize it was just promote my stuff and listen to me. Though you take requests so idk.

@classyspartan No the point is still subjective you have you own take on it weather you disagree with my video on the buy or sell like you buy Nami I buy Rukia in my video and gave my reasons and you then gave your reason in the thread but you did not seen to have seen my view on it, as my view point will be in the video. But I would like the people in thread to ALEAST watch the video to hear my opinion to why I buying Person A and Selling Person B. Then you can come back have do what you did with Nami and Rukia give your opinion on who you buy or sell and give reason why and even if you disagee with my points in the video... That the point of a Video Series Thread...

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caDjB96gg5w

Buy or Sell: Android 18 or Prince Zuko?

Please watch my video 1st to heard my opinion and then come back here and give you your own opinion on if you agree or disagree thank you... :)

0_1495597369314_buy or sell Android 18 or Zuko.jpg

Today I will do a Buy or Sell: Who was the more Shocking Bad Guy to Good Guy Android 18 or Prince Zuko?

• Okay so it seems to me like you pose a question instead of just pitting the two characters.

Here's how I see it, I get the reasoning that Zuko's transition to good was heavily hinted at throughout, but I felt the actual arc he went through was ultimately more impact, and to be honest not ALWAYS so clear cut as to when he would become a good or bad guy, as he went through phases.

18 while I think was the more shocking turn, being that she was a killer turned lover, there was at least still some semblance of humanity in them too, and the dynamic she had between herself and 17 worked well with 16, who worked to be a very calming moral compass to the two, so I'd say his more peaceful nature actually made it easier to see them become good people, at least in the timeline where they don't kill everyone.

So yeah, I see your points, but I'd still argue that personally, I'd buy Zuko and sell 18.

• I'm sorry, that video is way too long for me to watch at the moment so I skimmed.

I'll admit, it has been a loooooooooooong time since I watched any Dragonball, it was never really a series I connected with and as such, I never felt much of a connection to the characters either.

Avatar: The Last Airbender however, is another creature entirely. As a whole, the cast of characters for this show is stellar. Every single one of them gets an incredible amount of development. They all have motivations, likes, dislikes, unique abilities and things that drive them on as characters. It all moves at a natural pace. Zuko may not be my favorite cast member of the show (That would be Uncle Iroh) but I do have a lot of love for Zuko and I am aware what an incredible character he is, and how good his character arc is written.
    alt text

Plus, the kid is a bada$$. I will admit, I have a special thing for characters that use fire as a weapon (Hence part of my adoration for Roy Freaking Mustang), but he manages to pick up skill for Lightning as well.

The best thing about Zuko is that all of this does not come naturally to him. While he's incredibly skilled, a lot of this comes from intense discipline and a strong desire to succeed. He's not like most of the cast where he it takes them seconds to pick up a new skill, he's a bit more like Aang learning Earthbending. He needs to work at it. It doesn't mean he isn't GOOD at what he does, but he's been around naturals his whole life so he feels inferior to them and I found this made him very relateable as a kid.

Plus, he just has so many memorable scenes that just stand out at iconic in my mind from that series.

Each one of these is a very important scene to Zuko's character arc, and each one of them is so incredible because they have so many purposes to story telling. These aren't just fight scenes are sad scenes, they all develop Zuko as a character. It's him being betrayed by one of the most important people in his life, it's him overcoming that betrayal and realizing that he can be his own person capable of thinking for himself, it's him coming to peace with himself and accepting who he is and it's him overcoming his demons. Zuko's struggle is fascinating to watch, especially since the answers do not come easily to him and he is always conflicted, always questioning himself and his abilities but he still manages to come out on top in the end.

Too many shows don't try to put a purpose to a fight. There isn't much of an emotional investment because it's just a good guy and a bad guy pitted against each other, and they fight it out. Sure, it usually looks cool, but I find fights like in Avatar so much better because while they are duking it out, there is emotion and storytelling happening at the same time.

I, personally, simply think that relateability is something that makes Zuko so much more memorable then a lot of characters in a lot of show. (Although EVERY character in this show is incredibly well written, so it isn't a surprise).

• @emdier said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

I'm sorry, that video is way too long for me to watch at the moment so I skimmed.

I'll admit, it has been a loooooooooooong time since I watched any Dragonball, it was never really a series I connected with and as such, I never felt much of a connection to the characters either.

Avatar: The Last Airbender however, is another creature entirely. As a whole, the cast of characters for this show is stellar. Every single one of them gets an incredible amount of development. They all have motivations, likes, dislikes, unique abilities and things that drive them on as characters. It all moves at a natural pace. Zuko may not be my favorite cast member of the show (That would be Uncle Iroh) but I do have a lot of love for Zuko and I am aware what an incredible character he is, and how good his character arc is written.
    alt text

Plus, the kid is a bada$$. I will admit, I have a special thing for characters that use fire as a weapon (Hence part of my adoration for Roy Freaking Mustang), but he manages to pick up skill for Lightning as well.

The best thing about Zuko is that all of this does not come naturally to him. While he's incredibly skilled, a lot of this comes from intense discipline and a strong desire to succeed. He's not like most of the cast where he it takes them seconds to pick up a new skill, he's a bit more like Aang learning Earthbending. He needs to work at it. It doesn't mean he isn't GOOD at what he does, but he's been around naturals his whole life so he feels inferior to them and I found this made him very relateable as a kid.

Plus, he just has so many memorable scenes that just stand out at iconic in my mind from that series.

Each one of these is a very important scene to Zuko's character arc, and each one of them is so incredible because they have so many purposes to story telling. These aren't just fight scenes are sad scenes, they all develop Zuko as a character. It's him being betrayed by one of the most important people in his life, it's him overcoming that betrayal and realizing that he can be his own person capable of thinking for himself, it's him coming to peace with himself and accepting who he is and it's him overcoming his demons. Zuko's struggle is fascinating to watch, especially since the answers do not come easily to him and he is always conflicted, always questioning himself and his abilities but he still manages to come out on top in the end.

Too many shows don't try to put a purpose to a fight. There isn't much of an emotional investment because it's just a good guy and a bad guy pitted against each other, and they fight it out. Sure, it usually looks cool, but I find fights like in Avatar so much better because while they are duking it out, there is emotion and storytelling happening at the same time.

I, personally, simply think that relateability is something that makes Zuko so much more memorable then a lot of characters in a lot of show. (Although EVERY character in this show is incredibly well written, so it isn't a surprise).

@emdier This was not who the best characters this was who was the more SHOCKING bad guy to good guy...

• I'll admit, I completely missed the bottom part of your post.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weg0aA_Crp8

Buy or Sell: Zatch Bell (Season 3 English Dub) or Yu-Gi-Oh GX (Season 4 English Dub)?

Today I will do a Buy or Sell: What Anime SHOULD have finish it English Dub Run Zatch Bell (Season 3 English Dub) or Yu-Gi-Oh GX (Season 4 English Dub)?

0_1497249066731_buy or sell zatch bell or yu-gi-oh gx.jpg

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbdBrnnoIYE

Buy or Sell: Who is the BETTER Avatar? Avatar Aang or Avatar Korra?

Request by Darth Goku:

"Buy or Sell":

Today I will do a Buy or Sell: Who is the BETTER Avatar, Avatar Aang or Avatar Korra?

0_1498103174524_buy or sell aang or korra.jpg