Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread

• A new thing I going to do called "Buy or Sell":

I take 2 different things, or people and Buy 1 and Sell the other and then give my reason why basic on my viewpoint...

I am also taking request too...

0_1495164447683_buy or sell.jpg

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cCUxVLuzZU

Buy or Sell: Ash Ketchum or Yugi Muto?

0_1495164406864_buy or sell ash or yugi.jpg

Today I will do a Buy or Sell: Who was the more relatable character Ash Ketchum or Yugi Muto?

• Ash from original Pokemon?

I'd say Yugi. As someone who is a card player, I know that while a deck can determine how you'll win, its your skill that determines if you will. Granted he is a top-deck master but something about never evolving my pokemon never clicked with me.

Maybe its just how I feel about pokemon being tools, as they rightfully are. Pikachu is more like a pet I will grant that but no self-respecting individual will keep a friend locked in a cage. Pokemon in the pokemon world are dumb. Then again I'm a min/max player so...

• @darthrutsula40 said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

Ash from original Pokemon?

I'd say Yugi. As someone who is a card player, I know that while a deck can determine how you'll win, its your skill that determines if you will. Granted he is a top-deck master but something about never evolving my pokemon never clicked with me.

Maybe its just how I feel about pokemon being tools, as they rightfully are. Pikachu is more like a pet I will grant that but no self-respecting individual will keep a friend locked in a cage. Pokemon in the pokemon world are dumb. Then again I'm a min/max player so...

@darthrutsula40 Well in my video I stated why I Buy Ash and Sell Yugi. Who was the more relatable character and had more of an inpact. I would said Ash b/c he an underdog Yugi was never really that at all.

• @gohan6425 He is an underdog yes but he only legitimately won the thunder badge. (I wouldn't consider a fire suppression system to be fair in a rock gym). He saved Erika's gloom, got the rainbow badge, he got the volcano badge not because of his skill as a trainer, Charizard just wanted to fight Magmar (ignored Ash's commands), he got Sabrina to laugh and was awarded with the marsh badge, and lost his Haunter in the process. The Earth badge wasn't even given by the leader. The fact that he got so far makes zero sense to me and speaks poorly of the qualities of trainers they fought. Richie should've let Ash heal his pokemon and then beat him anyway.

Meanwhile Gary Oak was so badass he got four fake badges on top of the 8.

Do you play a pokemon game without letting your slaves evolve?

@gohan6425 He is an underdog yes but he only legitimately won the thunder badge. (I wouldn't consider a fire suppression system to be fair in a rock gym). He saved Erika's gloom, got the rainbow badge, he got the volcano badge not because of his skill as a trainer, Charizard just wanted to fight Magmar (ignored Ash's commands), he got Sabrina to laugh and was awarded with the marsh badge, and lost his Haunter in the process. The Earth badge wasn't even given by the leader. The fact that he got so far makes zero sense to me and speaks poorly of the qualities of trainers they fought. Richie should've let Ash heal his pokemon and then beat him anyway.

@darthrutsula40 His Pokemon don't wanted to evolve. Ash was one with his Pokemon where Yugi was already the king of games before he become the king of games that not really a person to get behind... And also he a new trainer learn for his miksake Yugi never really had to do that in the beginning...

• @gohan6425 said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

@darthrutsula40 said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

@gohan6425 He is an underdog yes but he only legitimately won the thunder badge. (I wouldn't consider a fire suppression system to be fair in a rock gym). He saved Erika's gloom, got the rainbow badge, he got the volcano badge not because of his skill as a trainer, Charizard just wanted to fight Magmar (ignored Ash's commands), he got Sabrina to laugh and was awarded with the marsh badge, and lost his Haunter in the process. The Earth badge wasn't even given by the leader. The fact that he got so far makes zero sense to me and speaks poorly of the qualities of trainers they fought. Richie should've let Ash heal his pokemon and then beat him anyway.

@darthrutsula40 His Pokemon don't wanted to evolve.

So by all means, he shouldn't be doing or have done as well as he has been.

And also he a new trainer learn for his miksake Yugi never really had to do that in the beginning...

That's because Yugi doesn't blindly go play a card game (tournament) without knowing what the cards do, save for the ones that only have like one copy in existence for some reason. Ash doesn't even know basic type advantages.

My point is that you don't go pro without doing your homework, something Yugi had done whereas it is something Ash has not done.

I'm marginally willing to buy that his pokemon can do okay without evolving but this doesn't excuse Ash's ignorance as a trainer. I HAVE played competitive card games and I can tell you, you won't get far without knowing what cards do.

Though there was that one time where I participated in a pre-release more so that my friends could do the pre-release and I ended up finishing second. I BEAT 6 other people who had experience in the card game unlike me who learned how to play 10 minutes before it started. Force of Will by the way. plays like a cross between Duel Masters/Kaijudo and Magic the Gathering with a dash of Pokemon.

Lets just say I have a moderate knack for strategy.

@gohan6425 said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

@darthrutsula40 said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

@darthrutsula40 His Pokemon don't wanted to evolve.

So by all means, he shouldn't be doing or have done as well as he has been.

And also he a new trainer learn for his miksake Yugi never really had to do that in the beginning...

That's because Yugi doesn't blindly go play a card game (tournament) without knowing what the cards do, save for the ones that only have like one copy in existence for some reason. Ash doesn't even know basic type advantages.

My point is that you don't go pro without doing your homework, something Yugi had done whereas it is something Ash has not done.

I'm marginally willing to buy that his pokemon can do okay without evolving but this doesn't excuse Ash's ignorance as a trainer. I HAVE played competitive card games and I can tell you, you won't get far without knowing what cards do.

Though there was that one time where I participated in a pre-release more so that my friends could do the pre-release and I ended up finishing second. I BEAT 6 other people who had experience in the card game unlike me who learned how to play 10 minutes before it started. Force of Will by the way. plays like a cross between Duel Masters/Kaijudo and Magic the Gathering with a dash of Pokemon.

Lets just say I have a moderate knack for strategy.

@darthrutsula40 Well this was more of who would have help the anime get on the map better in the late 90's- early 2000's and I don't think someone like Yugi would fit that better to Ash. Ash being the underdog is what made people like about him and put anime on the map in the USA I don't you could have got same thing had Yu-Gi-Oh came out 1st. Yugi was not an underdog like someone like Jaden Yuki. And where not talking about the real game where talking about the anime. And in the anime the card effects are different anyways. Ash is someone that keep on going whether he loseis or not and care for his pokemon feel. That why people like me like him better then Red b/c red is a dick to his Pokemon. Ash care about what THAT wanted. Which is what it all about in an anime.

• @gohan6425 I neither like Pokemon or YuGiOh!. That's just me.

• @Zethus said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

@gohan6425 I neither like Pokemon or YuGiOh!. That's just me.

@Zethus Ok will this is not my only Buy or Sell Video... This was only the 1st one I did...

• @gohan6425 Yugioh is the second(?) biggest card game worldwide. It made it look fun. And I get that the cards are different in the show, but he still knew HOW they played.

Pokemon just doesn't make sense to a sensible RPG player from a battling perspective, and doesn't feels contradictory on how a pokemon feels. You keep them locked in a prison, play favorites, leave them in a daycare (aka PC/Oak), and only bring forth certain ones based on need (the one thing he does right). As a child I never liked how Ash played/fought. Later on I felt quite a connection to Paul in Sinnoh... HE felt more relateable as someone who has played the games. Ash is immature and wouldn't last long at all in the real world, though I guess he IS 10.

@gohan6425 Yugioh is the second(?) biggest card game worldwide. It made it look fun. And I get that the cards are different in the show, but he still knew HOW they played.

Pokemon just doesn't make sense to a sensible RPG player from a battling perspective, and doesn't feels contradictory on how a pokemon feels. You keep them locked in a prison, play favorites, leave them in a daycare (aka PC/Oak), and only bring forth certain ones based on need (the one thing he does right). As a child I never liked how Ash played/fought. Later on I felt quite a connection to Paul in Sinnoh... HE felt more relateable as someone who has played the games. Ash is immature and wouldn't last long at all in the real world, though I guess he IS 10.

@darthrutsula40 See your now putting a card to a video game but that now what this buy or sell is about please stay on topic to the anime... Also ALOT of people hate Paul b/c he not relateable just a dick...

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjfUaJ4gCHM

Buy or Sell: Sakura Haruno or Yamcha?

0_1495169854824_buy or sell sakura or yamcha.jpg

Request by Jaden Kelly:

"Buy or Sell":

Today I will do a Buy or Sell: Who was the more better character Sakura Haruno or Yamcha?

• I would buy Yugi Muto and sell Ash. Yugi is more relatable since some of my bullies actually became friends of mine later on in life and that I could see myself more as him since without the magic and better technology for dueling their world wasn't so different as ours. Ash on the other hand yeah maybe in some moments he was relatable to me but not as much as Yugi.

For the second one buy Sakura and sell Yamcha. I mean Yamcha now is really cocky and is great at baseball which well I'm none of those. Sakura on the other hand even though I never watched that much of Naruto well I'm sure theirs something.

Also Yugi was good at card games but Yami was the king of games throughout most of the series. He had more experience after all. Also how is Red a jerk? A lot of people actually like him more than Ash since he's actually done stuff.

• @MidnightAoshi said in Buy or Sell: Video Series Thread:

I would buy Yugi Muto and sell Ash. Yugi is more relatable since some of my bullies actually became friends of mine later on in life and that I could see myself more as him since without the magic and better technology for dueling their world wasn't so different as ours. Ash on the other hand yeah maybe in some moments he was relatable to me but not as much as Yugi.

For the second one buy Sakura and sell Yamcha. I mean Yamcha now is really cocky and is great at baseball which well I'm none of those. Sakura on the other hand even though I never watched that much of Naruto well I'm sure theirs something.

Also Yugi was good at card games but Yami was the king of games throughout most of the series. He had more experience after all. Also how is Red a jerk? A lot of people actually like him more than Ash since he's actually done stuff.

If you played the Pokémon video games you would know what I red it's a dick. Most people only like red because he wins the Pokémon league. They don't like him because he's a relatable character he's not he's a video game character that doesn't have any character develop. Technically Yugi is the king of games bro. It's his body that wins the card game. Also he actually is the reason why Pegasus loses since they did the mind shuffle thing that really threw Pegasus off. Yugi had just as much is a hand as Yami Yugi had. We're talking about them as anime characters and who had more of a cultural impact and that would be Ash. Ash cared about his Pokémon he cared what they were feeling Yugi you never really got the sense he would lose in the beginning he even had the most powerful card at the time and ezodiac the forbidden one. Ash never had legendary's. But he was a character you could always believe in.

• @gohan6425 Your main question in the beginning was who was more relatable. I just gave my opinion saying that I can relate more to Yugi than to Ash. Didn't know that it got changed since I only skimmed everyone's replies. For who had more influence then I would say both. Ash hasn't given up and Yugi or it could if been Yami to believe in the heart of the cards.

Also I know about Red and I know about it's only about the anime characters. Don't see how he was a dick since he never talked or what he's done. Is it because he defeated Blue plenty of times or that supposedly killing Blues Raticate? Is it because of the no character development? If that's so I know another character that has no character development that people still love

• You both are aware that you (the player/protagonist) are red in the video games (Red/Blue/Green) right? How about pokemon origins? Did you watch those? Cuz he definitely was a character who got developed and was not a dick to pokemon. If anything he was more selfless about them. He DID disband team rocket afterall. There is a manga too!

• @darthrutsula40 Oh yeah I totally forgot about those. I haven't really watched anything with Pokemon in awhile I just mostly play the games and just went by that.

You both are aware that you (the player/protagonist) are red in the video games (Red/Blue/Green) right? How about pokemon origins? Did you watch those? Cuz he definitely was a character who got developed and was not a dick to pokemon. If anything he was more selfless about them. He DID disband team rocket afterall. There is a manga too!

@darthrutsula40 Pokemon Origins is a non canon series bro... Yes I know Blue=Green in Japan and Green=Blue in Japan Where Blue=Green in the USA and Green=Blue in the USA... Red was dick in the video game dude. Ash care care about his Pokemon. Red is only as good as he is b/c he is YOU the player playing the video game...

• @gohan6425 That's true that we made him great. So it's an opinion that he's a dick. Got it.

• @gohan6425 Pokemon isn't canon as far as pokemon the tv show, but it is the story of red blue and green. It is seriously pokemon red the anime. There's even the manga.

But whatever.

Sakura v. Yamcha? At least Sakura can fight and is also useful.