Case Closed on Toonami

• Hey, I'm the Truest Nightmare and I'm a huge fan of Case Closed, I love the show, characters, music, movies and especially the Dub which introduced me to the series. Since then I've bought virtually every DVD and watched every episodes released by Funimation.

Naturally when Funimation stopped dubbing Case Closed, I was less than happy and when I found out it was due to poor sales, that got me thinking of how to fix that issue.

Thus we come to my notion, namely Toonami. Toonami is the most well known anime block on TV and has helped a fair number of Funimation's other projects spread to audiences including Deadman Wonderland, Cashssern Sins, One Piece and most recently Space Dandy. In additon, the block itself features several long running series like Naruto and Bleach, alone with One piece. To that end, it's made me reach this conclusion…Case Closed should be on Toonami as well.

Simply put Case Closed is a perfect series to put on Toonami. It's a long running, entertaining and thought provoking series that's insanely popular in Japan and would be just as popular here in the U.S. if given the chance. Naturally people could argue it was already on Toonami and that failed before. However, that was due to the series being on at 3:00 in the morning, a time no individual would stay up to watch anything.

However, with Space Dandy now occupying an 11:30 time slot, it's clear Toonami is expanding it's run time and could potentially go to 11:00 and possibly even 10:00, times that would be perfect to Show Case Closed. More importantly, if shown on Toonami at this time, it would also make the series widely accessible for audiences and introduce it to a larger number of people allowing it's popularity to grow and more people to want to buy the dvds, effectively giving Funimation reason to keep dubbing Case Closed and release more episodes on Toonami.

Essentially it's a Domino effect and it's worked for One Piece, which Funimation started dubbing but stopped for a few years before starting up again and thanks to Toonami, it's still going strong. I feel that Toonami is the best way to breath new life into Case Closed and now is the perfect time to do it.

I'm saying this as a fan of the series and want to see more of it, as well as see it spread to the masses at large. So if you agree with me and my suggestion please share your thoughts, perhaps putting this message up might give funimation some ideas to make this plan real. Here's hoping

• I love case closed and I would love to see it back on TV. But, it's just not gonna happen, Demarco hates the show sadly, it barely made it on the first time around back in 03/04. The sad truth is, we Case Closed fans will have to rely on the manga from VIZ to continue the story.

Although there is one network other then Funi Channel that might air it. The HUB TV Network is pretty good at listening to its viewer base, so with enough reccomendations & a push from Funi maybe you could get reruns on there, but even that is probably unlikely, which I guess is still better then near impossible like getting Case Closed on Toonami.

As for getting more content dubbed, I would kill to see more seasons & movies released from Funimation, but I'm not sure well see it happen. :(

• It may not be especially well liked, However, I still feel that if Funimation gave the series a chance they would seriously benefit as it has the potential to be a huge hit and all I really want is to see more episodes dubbed.

I know it's a long shot, but I still feel like making this suggestion is better than doing nothing. I can't really help it, Case Closed is one of my top 10 favorite anime, hell it helped me really get into anime in general and I love the dub immensely. I refuse to believe that such a great series should just be left to rot without being given a fair shot.

I mean if series like Dragonball Z can be redubbed and rereleased a million times over, than Case Closed deserves atleast a second chance to show it's metal. That's the One Truth I believe will Prevail.

• The thing is, THEY DID GIVE IT A CHANCE. Multiple chances infact, the original adult swim airings, the single DVD release & three versions of the season sets, the movies, and digital distribution. Funi has tried multiple times, and the sad truth is we conanites are in the minority. I'll be honest Case Closed is my favorite anime/manga, I wish it had been more successful, I do, and maybe if it had been on regular Toonami back in 2004 when it was on Cartoon Network instead of adult swim it might have faired better, but we can't change the past. :(

All we can do is hope/push for Funi to release more of the movies on DVD. But Conan getting big/ being successful in the states, sadly that time has passed.

• Maybe, but putting Case Closed on Toonami at 3:00 in the morning was a bit of a misstep if you ask me. I mean wouldn't it be kind of obvious no one would watch it at that time.

• It was on adult swim back then. Toonami was on regular CN back then. If it had been on regular Toonami, yeah it would have done better if it had been on a better time, but again, sadly we can't change the past, and current Toonami won't put it on at a decent time even if it did get back on, they would just death slot it again.

• Still felt like this was worth a try, I wanted to get this message out and share my thoughts on the idea. Maybe it could work, maybe it won't, only time will tell.

• in my opinion, Toonami doesn't need to be showing Case Closed (aka Detective Conan) anytime soon. Just because a show doesn't do so well in a certain time slot doesn't mean switching the time slot around is going to make people want to watch the show more. Sadly, most people buy the dubbed version of the anime series up until Season 5 and all 6 movies, before they turn to torrenting and/or online watching the rest of the anime series.

The best this show can do if were to be further dubbed in English is to target the younger generation (ages 12 and below) on Cartoon Network since most of the time Conan is with the Detective Boys.

The two aspects of the Case Closed series that killed the show for me was the fact that it took a long period of time for Conan to find someone that was middle to high ranking within the Black Organization and Jimmy/Rachel relationship doesn't develop all that much from the beginning of the series.

Toonami would have a better chance with ratings if they were to simply air the 12 episodes of Magic Kaito.

• Well if that's what it would take to get Funimation to keep dubbing the series, then fine. I wouldn't mind seeing it on Cartoon network or the hub at this point. All I do know is the series has the potential to be popular. Just needs to be placed at a decent hour when people can watch it. It's funny, entertaining, can be dark, emotional, intelligent and it's something people of all ages can enjoy. Sure it's a little long, the story seems to go nowhere at times, but you could argue the same thing about most American Shows and atleast Case Closed is more entertaining and nowhere near as stupid as some of the shows on TV today.

All I want is to see the show on TV again and see more episodes dubbed. Hell I'd be happy if they just went to episode 200 or even 180, atleast show us how Ai joined the group. I mean they already gave her a dubbed voice in the last four movies, the least Funimation can do is show us her character episodes and introduction at the very least.

• i just want to say that Case Closed was popular to us as kid,. and as kids we couldn't always convince our parents to buy us the dvd series that we wanted no matter how mush we asked. and now that most of us have a job they could just redub the series (in the same order as the sub). im pretty sure that we Case Closed fans would be willing to buy all the DVD series that they redub and release. So if Funimation is reading this then they should know that we Case Closed fans now have jobs (for the most part) would be willing to get the rest of the series if they would just redub it (with same voice actors). Well thats all i wanted to say and that i know all would agree with. and to think that our tax refund is just around the corner. that's something to think about.oh and this is my all time favorite series.

• To those who Say that Case Closed is well beyond the point where it can be dubbed again. To that I say point to Ikki Tousen, which was originaly dubbed in early 2000s and released by Funimation in 2009 and despite the five year gape, they have resumed dubbing the Third and Fourth seasons of the series.

If Ikki Tousen can so how get more seasons of itself dubbed after Five years, then Case Closed getting a similar treatment seems perfectly believable.

• facepalm

Ikki Tousin is a boob anime, it's an easy money maker. That is why it was picked up by Funi. Plus CC is much older then Ikki. Listen, I love the show, I would love to see more dubbed. But coming up with empty arguments like this only makes one look desperate. All we can do is support what's already out and hope against all hope we get more some day. But making up reasons & arguments is silly.

• Y'all sure are doing a good job beating on that dead horse. It's just a mass of blood and pulp now…

But seriously, c'mon folks. Detective Conan now spans over 700 episodes in Japan; do you really see FUNi' dubbing 600+ episodes after about eight years of not dubbing anything? (The movies were dubbed well before their release date.)

The show is dead. The manga lives. Go support it.

• Hey I mainly just put this on here to share my thoughts about a series I really enjoyed. And personally I don't think it's dead, I've seen other shows disappear for several years before returning to TV.

Then again maybe it won't, I just wanted to share my thoughts on the series and nothing more.

• The best hope is for a new licencor, and ideally a redub by another company. The problem with the dub is that many purists whine about it since the names and settings change.

Alternatively, you can learn Italian and move to Italy, since the show is still running and on freeview there.

• This post is deleted!

• @ManyFaces:

Y'all sure are doing a good job beating on that dead horse. It's just a mass of blood and pulp now…

But seriously, c'mon folks. Detective Conan now spans over 700 episodes in Japan; do you really see FUNi' dubbing 600+ episodes after about eight years of not dubbing anything? (The movies were dubbed well before their release date.)

The show is dead. The manga lives. Go support it.

Old anime frequently gets licensed too. Last time I checked, Saint Seiya is from 1986 and its dub is still progressing, albeit very slowly.

• A new dub hasn't been made from Saint Seiya since 2005, Sentai just keeps releasing new collections of episodes that were already dubbed.
    Also Case Closed has 7 times as many episodes, so there's that too.

• Honestly I think the show is popular enough to give it another go, I still hold ontop some hope that more of the show will be dubbed, I really liked the voice actors of the main characters here, and I rarely say that for a dub. If FUNimation won't do it then maybe someone else will step up to the plate, but I think they should try it again by dubbing another few seasons and find a GOOD time spot to put the show on on a good network. I had to get up at 5:00am each morning to watch the show before School.

• @Gammalad:

Honestly I think the show is popular enough to give it another go, I still hold ontop some hope that more of the show will be dubbed, I really liked the voice actors of the main characters here, and I rarely say that for a dub. If FUNimation won't do it then maybe someone else will step up to the plate, but I think they should try it again by dubbing another few seasons and find a GOOD time spot to put the show on on a good network. I had to get up at 5:00am each morning to watch the show before School.

If it was popular as you say,it wouldn't be where it is today.but it's not,it doesn't have a big enough fanbase for FUNimation to invest more money to get more episodes.it's been given chance after chance,but the fans didn't like it.don't expect more episodes to be dubbed and don't expect it to be on TV.it's time has passed.

• I think the big issue is just how expensive it is for FUNimation to licence Conan from TMS. As I understand it TMS was thinking the show would be a big hit here like it is in Japan so they charged an unusually high price that is just hard to recoup in DVD sales. I find it hard to believe that Conan does worse than some of the other stuff FUNimation dubs. It's probably that the other anime are cheaper so fewer people need to buy their DVDs. Does anyone have any data on this?

On the other hand it could just be that hardcore anime fans generally don't like Case Closed because they see it as being too kiddy or something so they don't give it a chance.