Heavy Metal Music Discussion Thread

• This is a thread for Heavy Metal music, both old and new. You may discuss on how they rock.

EX: Avenged Sevenfold is the BEST modern Heavy Metal band.

• Having lived through the birth of Metal and being a teenager in the 80's, Be happy to chat about Heavy Metal.

Having been to 5 of their Concerts and owned all the Records/CD/Tape/VHS/DVD etc My all time Fav is and will always be Iron Maiden!

• @Scorpwillsting:

Having lived through the birth of Metal and being a teenager in the 80's, Be happy to chat about Heavy Metal.

Having been to 5 of their Concerts and owned all the Records/CD/Tape/VHS/DVD etc My all time Fav is and will always be Iron Maiden!

My best Heavy Metal bands are..

Def Leopard
    Motley Crue
    Mettalica
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Korn

…and that's about it.

• I like way to many to list but if I had to do a Top 10 it would be
    Iron Maiden
    Helloween
    Anthrax
    Slayer
    Metallica ( Cliff days and some new kid days)
    Megadeth
    Manowar
    Demons&Wizards
    Within Temptation
    Godsmack

Ozzy,Lita, Sabbath, ACDC, Dio, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot,Zombie,King Diamond,Kiss,alice cooper are there with out even a need to list them, lol
    Like I said way to many.

• Greetings fellow headbangers! \m/ A lot of great bands listed in this thread. I too was a teenager in the 80s. My faves are Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Hatebreed & Lamb of God. I've been pretty nostalgic for Motley Crue & Ozzy lately.

Do either of you still go to concerts? What was the last show you went to?

The last show I saw was Slayer, during the Jeff Hanneman remembrance tour.

• @Bats:

Greetings fellow headbangers! \m/ A lot of great bands listed in this thread. I too was a teenager in the 80s. My faves are Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Hatebreed & Lamb of God. I've been pretty nostalgic for Motley Crue & Ozzy lately.

I don't go to concerts. Sorry but I would rather watch a concert on TV.

• I'm a huge metal head have been in a couple metal bands as lead guitarist so my opinion is really based off the melody
    Arsis-We are the Nightmare
    Avenged sevenfold-Waking the fallen
    Veil of maya-Id
    iwrestledabearonce-Ruining it for everyone
    Whitechapel-this is exile

• I agree, Avenged Sevenfold are one of the best modern metal bands. HTTK I don't like as much as the previous albums, but my favorite has to be either City of Evil or the self-titled. Five Finger Death Punch, Asking Alexandria, The Amity Affliction, Breaking Benjamin, Trivium, a bit of Korn, Maximum the Hormone, Metallica…..all good bands

• I like a7x and BMTH. Both of them are pretty awesome

• Motley Crue and Ozzy are my favorites.

• @Bats:

Last concert I went to was Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden in New York. 2012, I think? It was a while ago at any rate. I have a fairly broad taste in music in general, but jazz, blues, rock, and especially metal are what makes my heart content. It's disappointing how much is out there that I haven't listened to yet. If I were a Final Fantasy villain, I'd make myself immortal just so I could listen to all the music.

I love Maiden, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Avenged Sevenfold, Dream Theater, Amon Amarth (provided I spelled that right), Alestorm, Dethklok (it's real enough), and way more.

• Veil of Maya, Rings of Saturn, Animals as Leaders, and Periphery would be my picks.

• In the past year I've seen Nightwish, Sabaton, Delain, In Flames, All That Remains, Periphery, In This Moment, Breaking Benjamin, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Bullet for my Valentine, Motionless in White, Kamelot, DragonForce, Carcass, Killswitch Engage, Memphis May Fire, Born of Osiris, After the Burial, Upon A Burning Body and Erra in concert.

• Hardly listen to Heavy Metal anymore.

• Huge Heavy Metal Fan! fav band of all time is Black Sabbath \m/
    love the old 70's and 80's Metal Bands, and fav band from the 90's is Iced Earth.