No English credits for KanColle anime.

• I watched the first 2 episodes of KanColle, and I notice that there are no English credits, where the past anime titles in the DVD releases have English credits. Has funimation effective from this point forward no longer does English credits, just like the Aniplex and Ponycanyon DVDs do? Why didn't Funimation provide the English production credits?

When people watch the DVDs, how are people supposed to know which staff members did what if it is in Japanese?

So basically, for now on, what will be released on DVD or home video will be the simulcast versions, with no English production credits, no extra scenes, nudity censored, and no dubbed songs in singing scenes? Then why would it even be called an Uncut version then?

• I think this is a case of- here's Crunchyroll's version, have at it.

So, my opinion is you're jumping to false conclusions.

• just took a look at Free! season 1, wich was released last week, and it has credits. that's a show that CR licensed. So we probably wont see credits until its released in 6 weeks and you are simply being over dramatic

• @Getchman said in No English credits for KanColle anime.:

So we probably wont see credits until its released in 6 weeks

That's what I'll wait for.
    I know there are animation differences between broadcast and home video in the Japanese release, but I haven't tracked them down.

Plus this is a Kadokawa title, they may be holding on us.

• Yeah I think with crunchyroll and funi's partnership we'll be getting more censored releases because crunchyroll doesn't particularly like releasing uncensored versions of anime.

• @lcdude So what were getting is just Chruchyroll's version for the Home Video Release? Why can't Funimation add the English credits? Why are the English voice actors being uncredited?

• @Spaceshotx7 said in No English credits for KanColle anime.:

Why are the English voice actors being uncredited?

That's probably on a separate roll in the DVD, like Viz.
    Or after each episode, like Sentai.

Besides, if you want to know who's voicing whom, check the blog.

• @Nobu said in No English credits for KanColle anime.:

That's probably on a separate roll in the DVD, like Viz.

What don you mean a separate roll like VIZ? how do their credits work?

• Example: Naruto's English adaption has a separate "special feature" on the DVD menu with a scroll of all the personnel involved with the dub (directors, scriptwriters, cast, etc.)

:edit: From the KanColle disc description: Special Features: Promo Videos, Commercial Collection, Japanese Warnings, Textless Opening and Closing Songs, and Trailers.

Well, the materials are there.

alt text

Continuing in wait-and-see mode.

• Can we stop scaremongering until we actually know anything, like after the release comes out so we know what is on it?

@lcdude said in No English credits for KanColle anime.:

Yeah I think with crunchyroll and funi's partnership we'll be getting more censored releases because crunchyroll doesn't particularly like releasing uncensored versions of anime.

Crunchyroll does simulcasts, which are based on whatever materials are available to them at the time. Other than for OVAs and movies this will never be the home video release since it doesn't exist at that point, and even when "uncensored" broadcasts exist they usually won't get access as they're usually exclusive to premium channels in Japan. Given that until recently they only rarely had the "master license" or home video rights, they didn't get the home video materials. Their first home video release was 5cm/s which never had a "broadcast" version. Their second was Free! with Discotek and, other than being sub-only and DVD-only, I don't recall any complaints.