Censorship

• why can't you get the programs uncensored like other channels, ie: High School DxD is uncensored on HULU. I have found other current releases that have the japan feeds uncensored. I know they are subbed and yours are dubbed, and this is the only place where I have seen some of the types of censoring that are being applied. Best I can figure out the company you have dubbing your releases are censoring where they shouldn't. if you are worried that children might see some of the Ma rated anime then your site should have parental guidance controls.

• It is not our intention to censor any of our content. If the version is set to "Simulcast", then those are the materials of the original Japanese broadcast version, which is censored for Japanese TV. Once we get in DVD or Blu-ray materials, we add the "Uncut" version of the video, which is the same as the Japanese release.

Change the version to "Uncut" from Show Detail and you will see the uncut version.

Example: https://www.funimation.com/shows/high-school-dxd/i-got-a-girlfriend/uncut/?lang=english

If you see something censored that shouldn't be, please submit at ticket using the form at the bottom of www.funimation.com/contact-us

• Funimation uses what Japan sends them. Right now if you're seeing a show streaming without some sort of censorship it is either because the company has given that site access to the materials without the censor or the place streaming is doing it illegally.

I know for sure you can watch uncensored shows via the site such as Tokyo Ghoul and DxD. Make sure you have the version tabbed to Uncut when you do.

• @Sophie said in Censorship:

We don't censor any of our content. If the version is set to "Simulcast", then those are the materials of the original Japanese broadcast version. Once we get in DVD or Blu-ray materials, we add the "Uncut" version of the video.

Change the version to "Uncut" from Show Detail and you will see the uncut version.

Example: https://www.funimation.com/shows/high-school-dxd/i-got-a-girlfriend/uncut/?lang=english

@Sophie Off change? Why don't Funimation do old single set anymore like that used to do back in the day like with DBZ?

• @Razzle I don't believe DxD is censored here? Generally speaking the only shows with more censorship than the Japanese home video releases are those which don't yet have a home video release.

• @gohan6425 Please make a new thread for that, so that we can keep this topic on censorhip. ^_^

• @Sophie said in Censorship:

@gohan6425 Please make a new thread for that, so that we can keep this topic on censorhip. ^_^

@Sophie ok...