Website improvement

• It might be a good idea to try testing out a new site rather than just rolling it out and inflicting a good number of nice paying customers to a vast assortment of bugs, glitches, and other issues. The average wait time for a response from a customer support rep is only 1-2 days (or longer). This is very poor business conduct in my opinion.

• So, what is your website improvement suggestion?

• @Zeuginw:

It might be a good idea to try testing out a new site rather than just rolling it out and inflicting a good number of nice paying customers to a vast assortment of bugs, glitches, and other issues. The average wait time for a response from a customer support rep is only 1-2 days (or longer). This is very poor business conduct in my opinion.

Just look at how I'm doing site improvement posts - if you have an idea for website improvement, just make a thread, make the issue clear, and then they'll take it from there. Just make sure to be as specific as possible.

• My suggestion it's what I said, to test the new site before implementing it. That would allow for bugs to be fixed prior to it going live and causing problems for people. There are issues all over the place. Account problems, player problems, subscription problems, app problems, log in problems, shopping problem, to name just a few. Tech support hours are less than 8 hours a day. Given the number of problems it would make sense to open up the overtime budget and get some things resolved. This is a pay service for a lot of people and it was bad enough paying for the old site. This one, while visually more appealing, is much worse in performance. The timing of bringing it online at the start of the new simulcast season just adds to mess. FUNImation takes note of problems with the video disc releases and makes good on correcting them. It would be nice to see them take the same quality attitude to their website. The website helps sell the physical product and is an emerging market all on its own.

• Zeuginw:
    So your suggestion is that we should have tested the site before it was brought live?

That's not really a suggestion; that's a comment, and the rest of your post is just a complaint.

The development team will not be taking the site back down to run tests that can be run now, should be ran now, and can be corrected in the running course. If you have a legitimate suggestion, then feel free to post here, otherwise take it to the support page please.

• That's not actually a suggestion, unless you have a time machine they can borrow and I'm pretty sure the site was tested.

When you make a post titled "Website improvement" in a part of the forum reserved for suggestions, it implies that you have suggestions for improvements to the site.

A lot of the problems are with people's accounts that have been carried across from the old site, which obviously wouldn't have been apparent until they logged in.

(ninja'd)

• just a suggestion at night in the eastern time zone the site and streaming goes significantly slower than mid day i would suggest improving the streaming capacity for the site. as well as giving the episodes and such the chance to load while it is paused like the previous website design and did

• Seems better to post this here than create another new thread.

I thought something was odd about the thread listing pages. It looks like the icon for "Replied To" threads, the word balloon part, is flipped when compared to the standard icon for threads or the icon for moved threads.

–-Some features that would marginally improve navigation and sharing Funi's web pages:

It, as they say, cannot be unseen, and is very disconcerting.

Another minor forum suggestion: Relative URL BBCode tags

Example: /shows/unbreakable-machine-doll
    Result: http://www.funimation.com/shows/unbreakable-machine-doll

It might be impractical to add the feature, but it's something I've gotten used to on Crunchyroll's forums.

Low, low priority on this and again, probably unfeasible, but it would also be nice if typing in http://funimation.com/shows/unbreakable (or any other shortened version of a title, so long as it's unique) would take users to http://funimation.com/shows/unbreakable-machine-doll.

• EyeOfPain:

Another minor forum suggestion: Relative URL BBCode tags

I can help you with that one.

The BBCode for putting a hyperlink in a word or words is

[url[i]=http://www.funimation.com]FUNimation

• @Davidism:

Zeuginw:
    So your suggestion is that we should have tested the site before it was brought live?

That's not really a suggestion; that's a comment, and the rest of your post is just a complaint.

The development team will not be taking the site back down to run tests that can be run now, should be ran now, and can be corrected in the running course. If you have a legitimate suggestion, then feel free to post here, otherwise take it to the support page please.

And another thing to think about is this, bringing the site out in a beta form is a great way to test the site, to iron out the bugs and the streaming issues. There is no way any developer or tester can test everything that can and will happen internally. From my years of testing there is no way to get a product totally bug free. I appreciate the hard work you guys have been doing.

It'll be awesome when all the major bugs and have been ironed out and the development can call it finished.

Oh and Yay!!! I can post in the normal forums finally. :D

• @Davidism:

The BBCode for putting a hyperlink in a word or words is

[url[i]=http://www.funimation.com]FUNimation

Thanks, Davidism, but I do know about that form of the BBCode. I guess it would work kind of like the

• The only suggestion I have for website improvement is the return of the "first letter of the series" option on the shows page. It's just slightly irritating to have to go through the groupings associated with the numbers at the bottom of the page rather than just being able to select the letter of the alphabet your show belongs to like on the old site. Other than that everything is great! Faster loading time, cleaned up episode displays… it's all really good!!

• Could you please create unique threads for new suggestions, otherwise Sophie will have problems keeping track of them.

• FWIW, we did test the site pretty extensively before we launched. We basically had an extended alpha instead of also doing a beta. Most of the issues that we encountered wouldn't have been apparent to users not familiar with the site's backend. So, your original suggestion to employ a testing phase before launching is actually exactly what we did.

We decided that it would be better to launch with what he have now than it would be to continue going with the old site, especially with a new simulcast season starting. The issues we are encountering now are the kinds that are hard to predict unless you have a lot of users and like I said, it was far better to launch with this version of the site now than to have stuck with the old one.

• Done + one even better:

Relative urls use the [relurl] tag, which replaces the www.funimation.com/ part of the url.

Show site urls use the [show] tag, which replaces the www.funimation.com/shows/ part and the trailing /anime part of the url. You still need to replace the spaces with hypens and remove the special characters though. Puchim@s would be puchims. Dragon Ball Z would be dragon-ball-z.