No one appreciates my opinions?

• I have different suggestions, requests, and opinions, but no one takes them seriously or even appreciates my opinion, thinking they are right and I am wrong. People think i'm nothing but a cook and a crazy person. What can I do? I can't change anything or change industry standard practices.

• sigh

Ok, the issue is repeating the same thing over and over again. Every time I see you posting, it's about dubbing music in anime. Fine, the issue is important to you, we get it.

However, you just keep parroting the same thing over and over and over again and when asked to stop, you either ignore it completely or you start going off on your rights being infringed upon which, to be perfectly honest, is one of those things that immediately drops my opinion of you a good bit. This is not about your rights or freedom of speech, it's about forum etiquette and respect for others.

People, moderators included, have politely asked you many times over to stop. You refuse and constantly bring it up, even in situations where it's not applicable (ie. Why Yamada and the Seven Witches was being pushed back).

It's honestly rather disrespectful, and it's not like you're the only one being singled out for this very issue on the forum, where you just won't stop with the same problem again and again.

But you just keep pushing and then wonder why people snap back.

• @Spaceshotx7 said in No one appreciates my opinions?:

I have different suggestions, requests, and opinions, but no one takes them seriously or even appreciates my opinion, thinking they are right and I am wrong. People think i'm nothing but a cook and a crazy person. What can I do? I can't change anything or change industry standard practices.

@Spaceshotx7 I agree bro the forum had a bad rep for NO RESPECT other people opinions and the mod here DON'T HELP AT ALL with that issue. All we get is "Chill" when we don't agree with what other stated here an what that saying... I don't have agree with what someone said about another voice actor or like Z over Kai. And a mod in here don't get that.

• @gohan6425 said in No one appreciates my opinions?:

@Spaceshotx7 said in No one appreciates my opinions?:

I have different suggestions, requests, and opinions, but no one takes them seriously or even appreciates my opinion, thinking they are right and I am wrong. People think i'm nothing but a cook and a crazy person. What can I do? I can't change anything or change industry standard practices.

@Spaceshotx7 I agree bro the forum had a bad rep for NO RESPECT other people opinions and the mod here DON'T HELP AT ALL with that issue. All we get is "Chill" when we don't agree with what there saying...

Oh for the love of....

Both of you listen. Your OPINIONS are never the issue. They never HAVE been the issue.

Spaceshot, there's nothing wrong about wanting to see more dubbed anime songs. It's something you enjoy in anime and it's something you personally wanna see done in shows you enjoy.

And Gohan.....I don't know you have a lot of opinions it's hard to keep track. Let's go with the easy one. You're allowed to enjoy the original DBZ dub over Kai.

These aren't BAD things to think, and while others here might agree or disagree with these notions, that's NEVER been the issue with either of you.

For Spaceshot, as we said, repetition. You ask HARD questions that we can never give you a hard answer for and you're never satisfied with a simple "we don't know" and it is a cycle that repeats. You're probably a good person and I want you to know that you should feel like you matter, but understand for us it's at least a bit frustrating to repeat things over and over, leading to someone lashing out of impatience.

And Gohan, your attitude is what causes problems. You always take the route like you know everything and anything. Even when there's facts against your points, or when as I said I think differently from you, you treat it as a PERSONAL ATTACK! I can say things like "I enjoyed Colleen Clinkenbeard's performance as Gohan" or "I think that Geass is a stronger story if it just stuck with Lelouch dying in the end" and then you'll FLY OFF THE HANDLE and go on a crusade and acting like we don't know better and that you know the truth and are the only sense of knowledge and authority on this god forsaken site!

I respect your opinions. I can agree to disagree. And sometimes I can just let it slide at the end of the day. But your problems aren't that we don't value your opinions.

Your problem is that you don't understand forum etiquette.

• CS hit the nail on the head. We need that like post feature back again.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @classyspartan said in No one appreciates my opinions?:

@gohan6425 said in No one appreciates my opinions?:

@Spaceshotx7 I agree bro the forum had a bad rep for NO RESPECT other people opinions and the mod here DON'T HELP AT ALL with that issue. All we get is "Chill" when we don't agree with what there saying...

Oh for the love of....

Both of you listen. Your OPINIONS are never the issue. They never HAVE been the issue.

Spaceshot, there's nothing wrong about wanting to see more dubbed anime songs. It's something you enjoy in anime and it's something you personally wanna see done in shows you enjoy.

And Gohan.....I don't know you have a lot of opinions it's hard to keep track. Let's go with the easy one. You're allowed to enjoy the original DBZ dub over Kai.

These aren't BAD things to think, and while others here might agree or disagree with these notions, that's NEVER been the issue with either of you.

For Spaceshot, as we said, repetition. You ask HARD questions that we can never give you a hard answer for and you're never satisfied with a simple "we don't know" and it is a cycle that repeats. You're probably a good person and I want you to know that you should feel like you matter, but understand for us it's at least a bit frustrating to repeat things over and over, leading to someone lashing out of impatience.

And Gohan, your attitude is what causes problems. You always take the route like you know everything and anything. Even when there's facts against your points, or when as I said I think differently from you, you treat it as a PERSONAL ATTACK! I can say things like "I enjoyed Colleen Clinkenbeard's performance as Gohan" or "I think that Geass is a stronger story if it just stuck with Lelouch dying in the end" and then you'll FLY OFF THE HANDLE and go on a crusade and acting like we don't know better and that you know the truth and are the only sense of knowledge and authority on this god forsaken site!

I respect your opinions. I can agree to disagree. And sometimes I can just let it slide at the end of the day. But your problems aren't that we don't value your opinions.

Thanks CS you pretty much hit the nail on the head /salute

• @classyspartan said in No one appreciates my opinions?:

@gohan6425 said in No one appreciates my opinions?:

Oh for the love of....

Now how many times have any amount of us have said a different form of this?

They won't listen for whatever reason. They read it, find a problem with it, and we just go back to having our problem. Nothing comes from trying to have a discussion, because Megami forbid they cool it for a moment and even make an attempt to have a discussion... ON A DISCUSSION BOARD.

An example being my Your Name thread. We had little to no arguing, even helped out Gohan here to a dubbed showing. I was surprised he didn't try to argue with me over whether or not it was a sub or dub show. We were all civil. I liked that. We all talked about the movie, didn't deviate very from from the OT but we always looped back. We actually had a proper discussion.

Then we go to a thread started by Gohan here that isn't any of his dumb reviews that I wish we stopped replying to. Its really hard to even be early to one of THOSE, it'll be like 2 pages and everyone will have already gotten to a different topic that has nothing to do with the OT. Its a giant dick measuring contest, for whatever reason, with someone who can't stop being confrontational. Its annoying. I (like many people) HATE being force-fed an opinion but for some reason, mister confrontation can't stop being confrontational and be like "I see you have this opinion, and here is why I don't like it" rather than how it usually goes "OHMYGOD YOU ARE A MOTHERFRIGGIN RETARD! KAI SUX; Z ROOLZ I RITE U RONG." I'm all fine with the fact that his typing can be a bit of a bother to read but at this point I've gotten used to it, though I am not afraid to ask what is being said.

Based on at least my own thread, I know he is capable of being (largely) polite. But he can't stay that way. I can only imagine what a verbal conversation would be like...

• Oh yeah and...

Learn genders. (You know who you are.)
    alt text

~Couldn't resist. :P